Robots Have Taken More Then 5 Million Jobs World Wide Just The Beginning

This should not be a problem. The fact that is a problem means that societies are organised wrongly and badly and we need to rethink our value system.

Once they have a high enough level of robotics they will release a plague to wipe us out.
I swear the biggest problem with this is that people won't take it seriously. It sounds like a problem far off in the future, when in reality we are at the door steps of radical change.
Mofo lol Bernie will push for robots. Bernie will promise us all that we will never have to work again!
You obviously don't know the score.

Once they have a high enough level of robotics they will release a plague to wipe us out.

A systematic reduction of the population is highly likely. Whatever form that takes beyond birth rate suppression is hard to guess.

People without jobs are unruly, so they will eventually be seen as a liability. There could be a guaranteed income put in place though to bridge the gap.

Last edited:
Yes, but it will have to change, just like when people thought that all humans being equal and democracy were seens as pipe dreams.
I'd be quite happy with such a change, but I doubt that we have the leadership for it. I think a lot of people doubt it.

A systematic reduction of the population is highly likely. Whatever form that takes beyond birth rate suppression is hard to guess.

People without jobs are unruly, so they will eventually be seen as a liability.
They don't pump and push Ebola, Sars, H1N1 etc etc for nothing. It's called predictive programming. This is the cheapest, easiest and quickest way for them to kill billions and return to the surface after only a short while in their D.U.M.B.'s. The only other way is mass starvation and there would be way too much pushback. War takes way too long with definite pushback as well. I think it even goes this way in that V for Vendetta movie. Been a few years since I read 1984 so I can't remember if that was also a virus or just war.

when there is mass scarcity, the "plague" is each other. regular people will squabble and wipe themselves out automatically. very convenient.

Well u till they have robots fixing robots.

Like I said in the post above, in the future no job is really safe.
Thats not really how it works. I am actually a tech at a factory, and work with automation programming every day. It is not close being able to fix itself, but there is always progress towards eliminating operators. I would expect eventually having a single person in factories just in case things get fucked.

They don't pump and push Ebola, Sars, H1N1 etc etc for nothing. It's called predictive programming. This is the cheapest, easiest and quickest way for them to kill billions and return to the surface after only a short while in their D.U.M.B.'s. The only other way is mass starvation and there would be way too much pushback. War takes way too long with definite pushback as well. I think it even goes this way in that V for Vendetta movie. Been a few years since I read 1984 so I can't remember if that was also a virus or just war.

It wouldn't surprise me if this was being considered, and undoubtedly there are many viruses that have been weaponized in military science labs. War, famine, and virus (plague) are the most effective ways of reducing population at a quick pace.

They could blame it on global warming or something.

I agree that humans are unique and there will be a place for human specialty (creativity, ingenuity, adaptability), but there is a lot of research going into developing 'learning' AI. That is, robots using trial and error to learn how to perform actions. It will probably be some time before this is well developed, but it's being worked on.

I also agree that robots are competition to humans. I think it's inevitable that as robots become more competitive, humans will increasingly turn to integration with technology (implants, genetic engineering) to avoid becoming obsolete. The logical conclusion of this process is essentially man merging with machine.

But IDL... Are we not already just merely .... machines?

I clarified my point with the doctors since I made it confusing.

What I did read from the article is that your first line of your paragraph is wrong. The computers are already more advanced and the quantum computers that are being created are for more advanced than humans.

I tried reading up on quantum computing. It sounds pretty cool, but also pretty far fetched. Quanton physics is still very much in its infancy. But I'm not afraid to admit that I don't know enough to give any meaningful opinion on the subject. From what I've read, it seems that they so far only have been able to generate probabilistic alghoritms.
Anyway, it will be exciting to see what they can develop with it. But from what I have read, it seems that the "only" ambition is to make the computer handle calculations much faster.

Regardless of what might be the case, it doesn't change my argument. Unless they are able to replicate human emotions, cognitivity, conscience and biological functions 1:1. In which case we have created our own superhuman, and might as well cease to exist anyway.

There are a lot of parallels, but I don't take the view that humans are machines. consciousness is what seperates humans from machine mimics IMO.

Yes, im dellusional because i think that humans no longer needing to work shouldnt be a bad thing.

Its a bad thing because we are still so primitve to have a truly post-scarcity society.

You are delusional because you think that companies to save money and become richer are going to use robots to replace people. Then they are just going to give all this money that they saved by replacing robots with humans back to people for doing no work.
So unfortunately, you were serious with your post and God help us that there are people who are delusional like you and believe your bullshit.

But oh, that is right, the politicians will save us by giving us all free shit---the same politicians who are in the corporations pockets.

Plus, people do feel a certain sense of accomplishment by working and earning what they get. And I guess capitalism is somehow "primitive"???

And a "post-scarcity" society??? Lol, what the fuck are you talking about? I mean, this is child level thinking here. The robots are doing work, they are not magically making shit out of thin air. If the machines are doing farming you are still limited by the land and etc.

Do you know how robots work and what words/phrases mean?

I tried reading up on quantum computing. It sounds pretty cool, but also pretty far fetched. Quanton physics is still very much in its infancy. But I'm not afraid to admit that I don't know enough to give any meaningful opinion on the subject. From what I've read, it seems that they so far only have been able to generate probabilistic alghoritms.
Anyway, it will be exciting to see what they can develop with it. But from what I have read, it seems that the "only" ambition is to make the computer handle calculations much faster.

Regardless of what might be the case, it doesn't change my argument. Unless they are able to replicate human emotions, cognitivity, conscience and biological functions 1:1. In which case we have created our own superhuman, and might as well cease to exist anyway.

You do know IBM has been working on a quantum computer for years now.

So it's far fetched to you but it is a reality.

The article I read said any comouter in the future that becomes powerful enough will have to have AI. Especially if humans want it to perform specific tasks.

And like I said within 30 years doctors will not be performing surgeries. It will all be done by machines, robotics or nano technology.

Thats not really how it works. I am actually a tech at a factory, and work with automation programming every day. It is not close being able to fix itself, but there is always progress towards eliminating operators. I would expect eventually having a single person in factories just in case things get fucked.

And when AI comes about that's what you'll have. You'll have AI doing the work you do.

This is inevitable.

One person instead of 10-20 at workplaces.

You are delusional because you think that companies to save money and become richer are going to use robots to replace people. Then they are just going to give all this money that they saved by replacing robots with humans back to people for doing no work.
So unfortunately, you were serious with your post and God help us that there are people who are delusional like you and believe your bullshit.

But oh, that is right, the politicians will save us by giving us all free shit---the same politicians who are in the corporations pockets.

Plus, people do feel a certain sense of accomplishment by working and earning what they get. And I guess capitalism is somehow "primitive"???

And a "post-scarcity" society??? Lol, what the fuck are you talking about? I mean, this is child level thinking here. The robots are doing work, they are not magically making shit out of thin air. If the machines are doing farming you are still limited by the land and etc.

Do you know how robots work and what words/phrases mean?

Sigh

1.- Corporations objective is to make money no argument about it.

2.- Modern countries are democracias, and believe it or not, only in America can a politician get votes by railing against the poor, in the vast majority of countries around the world, railing against the poor would make you unelectable.

3.- People take a sense of accomplishment into achieving the respect and admiration of their peers.

4.- Post-scarcity means a state where most people have their basic needs met, not where everyone is a billionaire.

Mofo lol Bernie will push for robots. Bernie will promise us all that we will never have to work again!
You obviously don't know the score.

And I would argue that "free stuff", and robots building everything, is the only logical path forward.

Do you think you can stop the rise of the machines?

What other path do you see that could work?

And I would argue that "free stuff", and robots building everything, is the only logical path forward.

Do you think you can stop the rise of the machines?

What other path do you see that could work?
Nothing wrong with the rise of the machines but you or I will not be around for it. We are slaves kid. Once our shadow loving masters no longer need worker bees they will cull the population Georgia Guidestones style. You like many probably think you are special or will be one of the chosen few. This is a pipedream.

Nothing wrong with the rise of the machines but you or I will not be around for it. We are slaves kid. Once our shadow loving masters no longer need worker bees they will cull the population Georgia Guidestones style. You like many probably think you are special or will be one of the chosen few. This is a pipedream.

The rise of the machines is now. 30 years from now it will have transformed the labor market.

I think you could use a history lesson if you believe there is nothing we can do.

We are in such a better position than those that came before us.

Btw, easy, short term solution to dealing with the loss of jobs, from the replacement of labor by machines, is to legally cut the work week to less hours. We can buy ourselves some time.

The rise of the machines is now. 30 years from now it will have transformed the labor market.

I think you could use a history lesson if you believe there is nothing we can do.

We are in such a better position than those that came before us.

I don't think it's a matter of what is possible, because of course there are solutions to everything. Where there is a will there is a way.

It's more a matter of what is realistic given the current political climate and the wealthy holding most of the power.

I think eventually we will see a guaranteed income though.

Back