Your Account

reacted to your score
@Silver
Reaction score
It seems in a near future, soldiers will be robots
What's the conclusion then ?
Best tech wins ?
Less human casualties in case of war ?

I think it will be something like how leading up to WW1 everyone assumed that the wars of the future will be fought via aerial bombardment. People thought it would decrease the need for soldiers in combat. In fact, it just increased the need for soldiers because we raised new points of interest to target and new forms of counter weaponry. I think something similar will happen with robots. The most obvious technological advancements would be something like EMP and the need to take down centralized hubs etc. The human element will just adapt to change their combat tactics around the new form of weaponry and then they'll just be another military tool like planes, tanks, mines.

Maybe if you just used them in smaller theaters of combat like drones they might for the most part replace human soldiers, but I think their very presence on a battlefield would ensure that whatever strategy they undertake will be countered enough to warrant human intervention. There will probably be a short period as with aerial combat in which people think the human element in combat will be gone, but a few adaptations later they'll be right back there. Of course, everytime in human history, we start playing around with new weapons it tends to lead to a major war.

where is the machine gun dog?

It seems in a near future, soldiers will be robots
What's the conclusion then ?
Best tech wins ?
Less human casualties in case of war ?

Boston Dynamics.. I’m in engineering in the manufacturing industry.. you guys haven’t seen shit yet.

And no, I’m not going to go into much detail. Let’s just say.. If this is the stuff you can see video of.. imagine what you can’t see

Boston Dynamics.. I’m in engineering in the manufacturing industry.. you guys haven’t seen shit yet.

And no, I’m not going to go into much detail. Let’s just say.. If this is the stuff you can see video of.. imagine what you can’t see

Well I, for one, welcome our new Skynet Overlords;)

How are they going to reload the RPG?
I read that Soviet tank doctrine was predicated on the fact that most tanks don't last too long in combat, so they make them just tough enough to last for a few days, until they get blasted, or break down. Then, they can be repaired, or written off, if they are cheap enough and mass produced.

I think it is plain to see that most future warfare is going to depend on who has the better drones, and the factories to replace them faster than the other guys (i.e., China). Turkey and Iran have already figured this out, and are actually top drone manufacturers. Both have sold drones to Russia, if I remember correctly. The human element will still have to do stuff like maintenance, production, reloading, etc. I would imagine these would be great for sending into contested areas to wait as tank traps. They could just sit there behind a bush until a tank comes into range, and then it doesn't matter if the dog doesn't reload, because the cost of the tank is way more than the robot. This is the essence of attrition.

I honestly thought wed be further towards Metal Gear Solid already. Those Robots are still too rudimentary

How are they going to reload the RPG?
There are already robot fork lifts that can carry immense amounts of material and restock shelves.

I don't think it would be a big stretch to retrofit one with off road wheels and chassis and instead of loading a shelves give it a robot arm like the Space Station has to place RPG's in the barrel.

we just need a little coordination and cooperation and voila... success... and by success I mean more automated death!

DimHealthyDinosaur-max-1mb.gif

Back