Robin Black passionately predicting Conor KOing Mayweather

If Mayweather was in his prime, no question as to the outcome. Given the age discrepency, along with the size advantage and the activity level of both guys prior to the fight, could you not see my doubts?

Of course Mayweather could put on a pair of gloves at the age of 70 and do well, but Mcgregor was surging in his prime and made a fortunate off his fists, albeit in mma and not boxing. I just don't like the word "obvious" given the context is all
That's fair enough. I had Conor gettting rocked by Nate Diaz and resorting to wrestling fresh in my mind when it happened and never believed it to be anything more than a money grab but to each their own .

Why is it that funny anyway? Mcgregor was way younger, fresher, and bigger. He did land in the fight and who knows? A lot of insecure posters on here looking for validation and acceptance by pretending like it was obvious Mcgregor was going to lose. They were throwing fists, anything can happen and Mcgregor is no slouch

You make it sound like it could have gone either way..

<LikeReally5>

McGregor was a way harder fight than Mayweather predicted though. He was big, long, and not afraid.

He was taking rounds off Floyd and , think about that, he was winning rounds. He was actually landing, hitting Floyd.

Floyd had to walk him down to win.

You can even see how scared and careful Floyd was on every break.

That being said.

Floyd was way out of prime

This is Robin Black. Him being a retard isn't a news item.

aw yeah this sounds great :/

071bfa3a62649a571dfad4bbdb24158d.gif

Why is it that funny anyway? Mcgregor was way younger, fresher, and bigger. He did land in the fight and who knows? A lot of insecure posters on here looking for validation and acceptance by pretending like it was obvious Mcgregor was going to lose. They were throwing fists, anything can happen and Mcgregor is no slouch
to be fair, it was only obvious to people who had seen both men fight before.

overall odds on mayweather winning were atrocious, but for some reason the finish was really good. people really bought into the whole "point fighter" narrative.

to be fair i'm kinda hoping mcgregor boxes some big name again. it's great on many levels, we get to see him get the shit kicked out of him, and hordes of his fans bet on him which gives us some good lines on the opponent. imagine him fighting canelo. i'd bet everything i own on a finish from the mexican.
If you think about it, Conor getting finished was much more likely than losing by decision. When you have a gas tank like Conor, why would you expect it to go to decision? Once you gas out like he does, you don't have much of a choice but to give up even if Mayweather didn't hit as hard.

He fought a little but had a losing record. He also started the worst glam rock band in history. He's always been horrible.
He seems like someone who would be impossible to hang out with

Imagine being so fucking stupid that you thought Conor was going to win that fight. It blows my mind that anyone could be that retarded.

Conor was hardly throwing fists. He was lightly rubbing his hand at floyd. He fought like a bitch scared to get countered.

McGregor was a way harder fight than Mayweather predicted though. He was big, long, and not afraid.

He was taking rounds off Floyd and , think about that, he was winning rounds. He was actually landing, hitting Floyd.

You can even see how scared and careful Floyd was on every break.

That being said.

Floyd was way out of prime
This may be one of the worst takes of the fight I have ever read. Conor wasnt scared? Than why did he throw zero power punches? Because he was scared to get countered. Floyd literally just took rounds to see what Conor would do. That's why he was throwing about 10 punches a round. Floyd threw out boxing basics, threw up a high guard and just stood upright letting Conor try whatever he wanted. That's not someone that is scared. That's someone who has zero respect for his opponents power and skill. Floyd in a million years never would have fought like that against an actual boxer

Read that out loud to yourself. Floyd walked him down to win because he offered little to no threat, if Conor was dangerous then Floyd would have been forced to fight on the back foot.

I've been away from Sherdog for a while, one thing has not changed one bit and that is the lack of understanding of Boxing.

What ever happened to Robin Black? Did this hurt his image a little? Tons of people agreed with him but he really went all in on Conor and made a blog type predicition video. He really believed it. Did you guys beat the house on Conor too after hearing Robin Blacks prediction?

Timestamped for his verdict

For some reason I suspect he was secretly planning on betting on Mayweather, and was trying to improve the odds by getting people to bet on Conor.

To be fair Robin also did predict Holly to beat Ronda and got most of Conor's fights right, so he was a touch off on this prediction (although that uppercut that grazed Floyd's chest was millimetres away from making him look like a genius) but if you put a little wager on every Robin Black prediction you'd turn a profit overall I reckon.

Pretty sure these talking head idiots get paid to say stupid shit like this. Same with Rogan and his Ronda hyperbole, or Goldberg and his "Travis Lutter is the Michael Jordan of BJJ" nonsense

Even as a Conor nut hugger that video is so cringe to watch LOL he was acting like he was from the future and knew for a fact that Conor would KO Floyd

I do respect that he's passionate about MMA though

I wouldn't call you a nutt hugger

A nutt hugger is never rational and tbf you are quite honest about conors abilities

I can't remember you making loads of excuses for his losses

Though I guess some just equate nutt hugger as super fan, so that's not as bad lol

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Bob Gnuheart
Back