Robin Black : Cody Garbrandt is in a mental gun fight with a pointed stick

You are some random on a fight forum critiquing another dudes dress sense.....

Have some self respect man ffs.

I have self respect, that's why I'd never wear a shirt like that. Being on TV doesn't make dressing like a asshole correct.

Edit: I thought I recognized your SN. You should reread some of the absolute fucking garbage you post here before casting stones about content, and self respect. You're bigger douche bag than that shirt.

Last edited:
Cody needs more seasoning

Maitsev.jpg

lol this dude is reading to far into it. cogar doesnt like dom so he got pissed at him. not really a big deal.

Fuck the haters, Robin Black is the man!

Do you know Robin's podcast is called Mentality of Combat Sports? It's a subject he's looked into and talked about for a long time.

No, I did not, TBH I don't care.

He seems retarded, so I'll skip it.

I don't like Cody Garbrandt, but listening to Robin Black try to psychoanalyze him made me feel sorry for the fighter. Black fumbles around trying to find some cogent point like an inexperienced teenage boy fumbling with a girl's panties.

You're so cool.

???

What more do you want me to say?

I've watched the interview referred to in this clip, and the bit of the clip referenced in the op, and was not impressed.

What are his qualifications? How accurate are his predictions? Tell me if you must but TBH I don't care because because he came accross like a cocksucker.

90% of the fight game is half mental, I AM interested in that area of discussion and interest. But this guy came accross as unintelligent, disrespectful, ignorant, and biased to a fan boi degree. Or maybe just a shill. That's not my problem, that's his.

???

What more do you want me to say?

I've watched the interview referred to in this clip, and the bit of the clip referenced in the op, and was not impressed.

What are his qualifications? How accurate are his predictions? Tell me if you must but TBH I don't care because because he came accross like a cocksucker.

90% of the fight game is half mental, I AM interested in that area of discussion and interest. But this guy came accross as unintelligent, disrespectful, ignorant, and biased to a fan boi degree. Or maybe just a shill. That's not my problem, that's his.
The dude he does the podcast with is a sport psychology consultant, Robin Black is a former professional-ish fighter with multiple years of MMA media experience. I think Robin Black is off base a lot of the times, but I still think his opinion is (mostly) worth listening to

Well, Cruz is every "experts" favorite fighter. I think it's because he's got one of the largest tool boxes in the sport so he's fun to watch and breakdown. But they turn that into somehow portraying him as a nearly perfect fighter with no flaws

Seriously watch some of these guys, Cruz will throw a sloppy punch and they'll explain it away by saying "That's just part of the technique". I get it, Cruz is a unique fighter who I personally find very exciting. But it's like they're mesmerized by him, he's had some close close fights and moments in fights - he's not dominating every second of every round when he fights elite competition. And now it's extended to his verbal warfare as well, it's genius and perfect apparently. with no flaws.
*bump*

Looks like Robin has egg on his face. lol Cody won the mental game in the cage.

Back