Robin Black : Cody Garbrandt is in a mental gun fight with a pointed stick

Cody can knock Dom out cold. But he can't survive the resulting onslaught brought on him.

By Dojo:
WelloffEqualCrustacean.gif

Look at those eyes. Terrible, terrible onslaught.

Cruz should bring his dog to press conferences and stroke it while he talks shit like a supervillain:D

Well, Cruz is every "experts" favorite fighter. I think it's because he's got one of the largest tool boxes in the sport so he's fun to watch and breakdown. But they turn that into somehow portraying him as a nearly perfect fighter with no flaws

Seriously watch some of these guys, Cruz will throw a sloppy punch and they'll explain it away by saying "That's just part of the technique". I get it, Cruz is a unique fighter who I personally find very exciting. But it's like they're mesmerized by him, he's had some close close fights and moments in fights - he's not dominating every second of every round when he fights elite competition. And now it's extended to his verbal warfare as well, it's genius and perfect apparently. with no flaws.

You should come over to team cruz. It's nice over here. Cruz is one of my top 3 favorites, but I do think people put too much stock in his intelligence. He seems like a fairly intelligent guy that is good at expressing himself, likely because he spent 3 years in a job where it was necessary for him to express himself. He's a well spoken guy, but it's just that the other guys in the sport don't have the experience with media communication that cruz has, thus they make him look even smarter in comparison. I don't see Cruz as any more intelligent than the likes of GSP—I actually see a lot of similarities between the two—yet the world wasn't hyping GSP up as some type of intellectual savant.

It doesn't bother me at all, though, because I'm a Cruz fan. I like his dedication to the sport and I like how he makes everything flow, even if he does have floppy arm winging punches.

Last edited:
Cruz should bring his dog to press conferences and stroke it while he talks shit like a supervillain:D

You got a chuckle out of me. I'd enjoy that.

You should come over to team cruz. It's nice over here. Cruz is one of my top 3 favorites, but I do think people put too much stock in his intelligence. He seems like a fairly intelligent guy that is good at expressing himself, likely because he spent 3 years in a job where it was necessary for him to express himself. He's a well spoken guy, but it's just that the other guys in the sport don't have the experience with media communication that cruz has, thus they make him look even smarter in comparison. I don't see Cruz as any more intelligent than the likes of GSP—I actually see a lot of similarities between the two—yet the world wasn't hyping GSP up as some type of intellectual savant.

It doesn't bother me at all, though, because I'm a Cruz fan. I like his dedication to the sport and I like how he makes everything flow, even if he does floppy arm winging punches.
Yeah I feel identically about him, except I'm not a fan. I think he's great and I love watching him fight. I think I just irritate myself for being so invested in a fighter in a negative way. My hate is completely irrational, but every time he opens his mouth I hate him more.

Pretty good breakdown.
I am enjoying how Dom mentally breaking Cody.

And lol at simple fucks who think "it's not important" , " just ignore the talk and do the fight" and etc nonsense.

I kind of like Robin Black when he is not so flamboyant, he really does know the fight game and has fought pro MMA which I respect. Apart from calling Cruz out, he is 100% dead on about pissing Cody off and Cruz easily landing a double leg when Cody rushes him. This fight is going to be a great showcase from Cruz and being on the Rousey PPV, he may just get the recognition he deserves from the general fan base.

Pretty good breakdown.
I am enjoying how Dom mentally breaking Cody.

And lol at simple fucks who think "it's not important" , " just ignore the talk and do the fight" and etc nonsense.
It's not unimportant, but I think people overstate it's importance. Especially in this case.

It's not unimportant, but I think people overstate it's importance. Especially in this case.

Serious question:

Have you given an interview / done a presentation on an important subject to an audition of at least 20 people?

How did you feel?

Serious question:

Have you given an interview / done a presentation on an important subject to an audition of at least 20 people?

How did you feel?

Sure.

I felt fine. I don't understand the point of the question.

Sure.

I felt fine. I don't understand the point of the question.

I'll get to that. Answer one more time.

Were you feeling fine even when you did it the first time?
Were you not nervous at all, knowing that project /payday / review is dependant on your performance?
Didn't cristisim concern you?

I'll get to that. Answer one more time.

Were you feeling fine even when you did it the first time?
Were you not nervous at all, knowing that project /payday / review is dependant on your performance?
Didn't cristisim concern you?
1. Yes, this isn't Cody's first time.
2. Not particularly - because I was confident in my presentation
3. Criticism AFTER it was all said and done? Sure. Before? I have no control over that.

Christ that shirt is ridiculous. You're a 40 something year old man dress like it.

It doesn't bother me at all, though, because I'm a Cruz fan. I like his dedication to the sport and I like how he makes everything flow, even if he does have floppy arm winging punches.

Gsp thinks Aliens are real and Probed him and has a unicorn fetish.....

Back