11-3pm
Ralph Gracie Academy San Francisco CA
$50 USD

Head Instructor: Ralph Gracie
Instructor: Kurt Osiander
Address: 1166 Howard Street , San Franscico , CA. 94103
Phone: (415) 552-4777

Andy Main | Facebook

Man... I wish I were closer to CA. He gave a seminar at my school a few months before I started BJJ :icon_sad: and I really like Half Guard.

Is he coming out to the East Coast? $50 bucks is a steal for a Gordo seminar!

if I was in the area I'd go, for sure. 50 dollars is nothing for him

if I was in the area I'd go, for sure. 50 dollars is nothing for him

Definitely. Anytime his name gets brought up my instructor has nothing but great things to say about him. He refers to Gordo as the guy he calls when he has a question.

$50 for that is absolutely insane.

He invented the half guard? WTF?

obviously he didn't invent the half guard but he either found techniques through others or, came up with them on his own (doesn't mean you're the first but you DID come up with it on your own). Gordo made a lot of sweeps popular in half guard through his refinement of technique

obviously he didn't invent the half guard but he either found techniques through others or, came up with them on his own (doesn't mean you're the first but you DID come up with it on your own). Gordo made a lot of sweeps popular in half guard through his refinement of technique

This is basically how Draculino described it at well. He assured me that in the old days at the academy, half guard was used almost excusively to get back to full guard. Gordo made it super active and developed most of the sweeps we use from there today. They all credit him with it's creation now.

Am I retarded or did you just not post the date of the seminar? I'll be in SF for a weekend this month.

Looks like he did leave out the date.
Saturday August 7th 11-3pm.
Wish I could go. I already have plans.

39091_1164493929107_1730663835_298751_6760468_n.jpg

2010 Rio Open Masters Gold Medalist

*Gordo started in 1/2 guard before getting here in this photo.

Gordo teaching

vs. Sperry

Gordo's the man, would love to train with him someday.

Back