Robert Whittaker would easily beat everyone at Light Heavyweight right now.

jesus no. im a fan of whittaker but he gets smoked by gus and some of the big wrestlers just hold him down and ktfo. just no.

That's not a bad shout TS - LHW is unquestionably an embarrassing shitshow and since he quit depleting himself to make 170 he's clearly a very different fighter - but DC is a huge ask even for a wrestler-killer like Rob The Reaper.

Where did you get the info about his cage weight?

It was sitting there, in his rectum, just waiting to be pulled out of his ass.

It's good to see some people never lose that wide-eyed childlike imagination

Yoel missed weight and Whittaker broke his dominant hand early in the fight. Whittaker would be even better at 205.

Lol Whittaker was fucked from the weight cut.

He would kill Wonderboy at 185, who's not an easy fight for anyone at Welterweight.
I get it that he missed weight but for fucks sake people stop pretending like 0.2 pounds have him any advantage. That's ridiculous. And his time for cutting weight was cut short.

I wouldn't say easily, but he wouldn't be as disadvantaged as people claim. The actual differences are not as large as the weight gaps between divisions make them seem. Gustafsson, who is mentioned frequently, would be a hard fight for everyone and shouldn't be indicative to the ability of fighters to move to LHW and have success.

didn't you hear shogun is getting a title shot soon??? whittaker ain't getting past the PRIDE CHAMP

So some would be skeptical about this because they think he is too small, but contrary to popular opinion, Whittaker is actually big for 185. Just because he moved up from 170 doesn't mean that he is small, he walks around at 215+lbs and his cage weight is around 205, which is the same as guys like Rockhold and Weidman.

LHW is weak as shit, and with DC gone and Jones expected to be suspended for a while, Whittaker would undoubtedly be the best at that weight. Who knows if Gus will ever be the same after his injuries, and Whittaker would easily beat Manuwa, Smith, Oezdemir, Thiago Santos etc.. I think Whittaker even beats a healthy Gus, let alone an injured one.

Dude Im a big fan or whittacker, have been since Tuff, but there are definately guys that would beat him at 205. Hes an average sized MW and guys like Johnson, St Preux, Manua, Volkan and Gus would have massive physical advantages. And then theres DC! he may beat 1 or 2 of these guys at best

Theres still plenty of challenges at MW for him as well. Its very debateable as to whether he beat Romero in his last fight

What is wrong with some of you ?
He certainly wouldn't beat everybody at 205 and we STILL don't know how truly good he is at 185.Ok- he beat a 40+ stamina issued Romero once and " arguably" edged him out in re-match.
He beat an after USADA and aging jacare and seems to be quite brittle.

I hate to disrespect ones opinions cause it is a fight forum but OP is quite silly IN MY OPINION.

I mean jones, Cormier and Gus wouldn't even be a fair fight nor one that would even be contracted .Hell , guys like Latifi and OSP would probably hurt Robert badly (amongst others).

That's not a bad shout TS - LHW is unquestionably an embarrassing shitshow and since he quit depleting himself to make 170 he's clearly a very different fighter - but DC is a huge ask even for a wrestler-killer like Rob The Reaper.

Where did you get the info about his cage weight?
He made it up

Rumble was a WW.

He'd get crushed at 205....

<36>

Stfu
Rumble was killing himself to make WW and has ridiculous power and fought at HW.

Comparing these two cases makes you look stupid.

I like how the OP ignores the fight night weight advantage they’d have over him.

Back