Robert Whittaker vs Ryan Bader - who wins?

Brad Tavaras sucks and Romero couldn't keep Weidman down for shit. Bader's offensive wrestling in MMA is better than Romeros.
We're talking about wrestling not ground game. Just because bader use his wrestling more doesn't mean he's a better wrestler than yoel.
CraftyFinishedDegus-size_restricted.gif

giphy.gif

Yoel-Machida-smash.gif

And no he's top game doesn't suck at all, as shown in the machida and jacare fight.

We're talking about wrestling not ground game. Just because bader use his wrestling more doesn't mean he's a better wrestler than yoel.
CraftyFinishedDegus-size_restricted.gif

giphy.gif

Yoel-Machida-smash.gif

And no he's top game doesn't suck at all, as shown in the machida and jacare fight.

I'm talking about both and you replied to my post besides wrestling is more than just takedowns and TDD, you wrestle on the mat too. Bader uses his wrestling more and is a better wrestler than Yoel in MMA(not in pure wrestling). That gif is a perfect example of why Romero isn't as good of a wrestler as Bader is. He has good takedowns but his top control isn't good. He can't keep people down and his guard passing isn't very good either.

When Bader takes people down they stay down, which is why Bader's wrestling would be way more effective against Whittaker than Yoel's was.

I'm talking about both and you replied to my post. That gif is a perfect example of why Romero isn't as good of a wrestler as Bader is. He has good takedowns but his top control isn't good. He can't keep people down and his guard passing isn't very good either. When Bader takes people down they stay down.
Go watch his fight.
he was able to keep Weidman down and control him in the second round.
He took Machida down absolutely destroyed him with ground and pound.
He almost killed jacare with ground and pound.
The only fighter that was able to successfully get back to his feet was Whittaker.
And wrestling /= ground game

Go watch his fight.
he was able to keep weidman down and control him in the second round.
He took machida down absolutely destroyed him with ground and pound.
He almost killed jacare with ground and game.
And wrestling /= ground game

Wrestling isn't just takedowns and TDD. Romero is about as good as Bader in those areas but his top game is much worse. Bader is much better at controlling people on the ground and keeping them on the ground, he also has much better cardio and doesn't have to fight in bursts.

Whittaker would most likely lose to Bader and Bader would most likely lose to Romero, styles make fights and Bader's style and size would be a bigger problem for Whittaker than Romero's because Bader grapples way more and that size and strength advantage matters a lot more in grappling.

I swear Robber fangirls are the worst
Soon we will see how he beats heavyweights while he's not the best middleweight.
Bader would maul him

Wrestling isn't just takedowns and TDD. Romero is about as good as Bader in those areas but his top game is much worse. Bader is much better at controlling people on the ground and keeping them on the ground.
Lol dude just stop, romero is way better than bader in the wrestling department. It's not even debatable. Bader isn't even better wrestler than weidman, let alone romero.
And Bader isn't better at ground control either, other than whittaker. romero was able to control almost every single opponents he took down. Including weidman, which is super impressive

Lol dude just stop, romero is way better than bader in the wrestling department. It's not even debatable. Bader isn't even better wrestler than weidman, let alone romero.
And Bader isn't better at ground control either, other than whittaker. romero was able to control almost every single opponents he took down. Including weidman

You're the one that should stop if you cannot see how much better Bader's top control is than Romero's who gets a bunch of takedowns cause guys just get up from under him. He's like Johnny Hendricks was, great takedowns and TDD but average at best top control and guard passing(likely due to his Freestyle background since Freestyle has very little mat wrestling and primarily focuses on takedowns and TDD). You don't know what you are looking at, Bader's top control and guard passing are much better.

You're the one that should stop if you cannot see how much better Bader's top control is than Romero who gets a bunch of takedowns cause guys just get up from under him. He's like Johnny Hendricks, great takedowns and TDD but average at best top control and guard passing. You don't know what you are looking at.
Can you read? Did you somehow miss the point where I said romero was able to control every single opponent he took down? Did you watch his fight against weidman? It's a piss pool myth that romero doesn't have good ground control, it's history revision and ignorance.

Brad Tavaras sucks and Romero couldn't keep Weidman down for shit. Bader's offensive wrestling in MMA is better than Romero's. I wasn't talking about TDD because Whittaker wouldn't go for takedowns on Bader so it's not relevant to the discussion.
Round 2 of Weidman fight ended with Romero on top so he did keep him wn.Romero os a way better wrestler except for top control and wrestling pace.
Winch is all irrelevent here since Robber has nothing for Bader.

This is one of those matchups that I wouldn’t be comfortable calling until I saw them face to face. Sometimes guys jump a class and look fine (McGregor vs Alvarez; Rumble at 205; Whittaker himself at 185) and other times the guy just looks like he’s bitten off more than he can chew (Rory vs Gegard; BJ vs Rory, Nick and GSP; etc.). Right now I would go with Whittaker though, and I would stick with that pick unless Bader was just substantially bigger and stronger.

The lack of logic in this thread is alarming. Who in the world cares if Whitaker walks around at a heavier weight? Bader's track record is against bigger opponents. Whitaker's is against smaller guys. Never really fought the BIG boys and it's very doubtful that he'd have near the record he does against Bader's opponents.

It's not the size difference that Bader has over Whitaker. It's the size difference advantage that Whitaker is giving up.

Can you read? Did you somehow miss the point where I said romero was able to control every single opponent he took down? Did you watch his fight against weidman? It's a piss pool myth that romero doesn't have good ground control, it's history revision and ignorance.

Except all the times he didn't.

Round 2 of Weidman fight ended with Romero on top so he did keep him wn.Romero os a way better wrestler except for top control and wrestling pace.
Winch is all irrelevent here since Robber has nothing for Bader.

He didn't keep Weidman down very long, his top control isn't very good nor is his ability to pass guard. He's like Hendricks was very good takedowns/TDD but not very good top control or passing.

He didn't keep Weidman down very long, his top control isn't very good nor is his ability to pass guard. He's like Hendricks was very good takedowns/TDD but not very good top control or passing.
That yes
Kinda crazy he basically has no intent to improve his top game,since he's killing guys down there.
What if...

I swear Robber fangirls are the worst
Soon we will see how he beats heavyweights while he's not the best middleweight.
Bader would maul him
Hate to break it to you he is the best mw. I assume people are talking about it because ufc mws are going up and getting title shots at lhw. Bet if rockhold looks impressive in his lhw debut he’ll be near the top of the list for the next shot at jones

Kelvin is fighting for the MW belt though. Also Whittaker has made the Aus wrestling team at 215. I am sure he will be okay fighting at 215 and not gas out.
Hey I will be screaming for him if it ever happens but their weight in fight night will be huge imo. Still chance of this fight ever happening now is almost zero considering they are both undefeated at their respected weight classes.

Lmao y'all on here picking Robert are delusional. Bader Spams takedowns(GnP) or TKOs Robert

Back