Rumored Robert Whittaker vs. Israel Adesanya MW title unification bout expected for October 6 at UFC 243

I agree with the GSP stuff you're saying, often recite some of the same arguments. Almost none of what I said related to GSP. The holder of the lineal 185 belt is irrelevant to my argument, it's gone and Whitaker didn't earn it his interim belt was reclassified because the UFC let GSP hunt a belt he had no intention of defending if he won. If Bisping or someone else retired with the belt it's the same thing. He also didn't earn it because IMO he didn't actually beat Yoel but that's two asterisks IMO.

Beating Jacare is overrated, great fighter but man is and 0 and 3 or 4 in title eliminators. It's also the most impressive thing he's done. And I don't believe he beat Yoel think those decisions are the product of judges being very adverse to giving out 10-8 rounds especially multiple 10-8 rounds. If Whitaker won on the cards that's a product of this sort of scenario being a crack in the 10-9 judging system. Normally if a guy does well enough to 10-8 it's irrelevant to the outcome of the fight. He still hasn't recovered from the beating a 41 year old man gave him given what happened at 234 I'm going to be skeptical the reason for this fight being in October is Israel.

I think Whitaker is borderline top 5 in this not so deep division. If Rockhold and Bisping were still around he wouldn't be in the top 5 at all.
Bisping would get crushed by Whittaker ditto the glass chinned Rockhold. Who else has beat that now 42 year old man? Even if you give Romero the second fight at worst the Reaper would be 1-1 with him.

Does the stadium have roof Dana don't do outdoors.
No roof, weather no certainty that time of year, start of 2 weeks school holidays when ALOT of people go away, on the same day as the NRL Grandfinal ( rugby league ) which attracts 80,000 people at a stadium 15 min away...
Could end up being a flop..

I mean if he’s told he’s going to be given two hours then he should get two hours. Whether he’s cutting the whole time or half doesn’t matter, 2 hours is 2 hours.

But agree he should have maybe worked on that prior to the weigh in. Don’t have to cut it so close but these are how guys gain an edge.
Someone put the actual rule up here back when it happened. The wording was 'up to 2 hours'. Of course everything is at the commission's discretion and the New York commission is one of the strictest there is. It's the same lot who said Max couldn't cut any more for the Khabib fight. It just wasn't wise to try to game the rules there.

A welterweight dropped this Adesanya kid, Whittaker won't go for the takedown though.

my sweet summer children

all need instant gratification

Fucken ages away... be like 18 months since rob last fought

Great striking matchup. I pick Adesanya because Whittaker's layoff and health problems. Israel is longer and more complete striker I think he can outstrike

Well, whatever it takes for this fight to happen and to happen in Australia. Don’t blow this matchup like with welterweight. Imo the UFC missed out on a money fight by not waiting for Woodley vs Colby. For some reason, Usman vs Colby just isn’t as intriguing as Woodley vs Colby would have been.

Back