Rumored Robert Whittaker vs. Israel Adesanya MW title unification bout expected for October 6 at UFC 243

EdibleAcceptableDiscus-size_restricted.gif

WAR IZZIE
SUMMONING JUTSU!

Whittaker pulled out of an Australian card against rockhard.

Whittaker pulled out of an Australian card against Kelvin.

Let's give him a chance to pull out of an austrAustr card against Adesanya.
Romero pulled out of the Costa fight the first time

Then pulled out of the Jacare fight the second time

And thats back to back

Would have preferred it to be sooner but I understand Israel wanting time off. Potential FOTY right here, WAR Whittaker!!
It's not really a time off thing as to a needing an Australian venue ppv. Hopefully Robert can actually fight on this one he's 0-2 so far.

Brilliant! Looking forward to this one.

If Whittaker drops out of an Australian card for the 3rd time in a row he should be stripped of his title and given a loss for no showing.
I think the UFC have already got that idea which is why Adesanya is wearing an interim belt. It's an open threat to Whittaker to stay healthy or be stripped

Would laugh hard (after crying uncontrollably) if Bobby Knuckles cancels ANOTHER fight on home turf!

Better have a back up plan or book Hermansson vs Weidman since they both think they deserve a TS.

Joel just get your fight in the next few months.. then be ready to step in on October if need be

Kinda neat. Bankwest Stadium is a brand new facility that opened just this month. I get that the main event is why they booked a 30,000 seat stadium, but I'm hoping they stack the card as insurance. It's not like Australian fans haven't proven themselves.

Romero pulled out of the Costa fight the first time

Then pulled out of the Jacare fight the second time

And thats back to back

That doesn't contradict anything that I said?

A lot of people torn on the pick, but I feel pretty safe picking Whitaker to win.

Last edited:
My friends were egging me on to go down to Australia to watch this event.

I'm like, who is silly enough to count on Whittaker to show up to fight in Australia? Dude's just going to pull out last minute.

Back