Media Robert Whittaker talks Israel Adesanya, TUF & predicts he'll starch Kelvin Gastelum

executionermma

Red Belt
@red
Reaction score
Whittaker is always must-listen. As real as it gets. Fantastic fighter, great guy.

Cliffs:
  • Coaching TUF was tough, believes a few people in his TUF team weren't supposed to be there, happy to not having to see them again
  • Wishes Juan Espino (HW TUF finalist) good luck and all the best
  • Excited to get another chance to defend his belt on home soil, it's one of his dreams
  • Enjoys watching Israel Adesanya fighting, gives him props for being a good fighter, breaks down his striking style a bit
  • He's not looking past Kelvin Gastelum at all, believes that there's no real holes on KG's game, and if he would go to take it lightly, KG would run over him
  • "You pie in my pillow and i'm gonna hit you in the head, at night, in the car park when you're not looking" regarding TUF pricks
  • Believes having a backup fighter for a titlefight it's bullshit, it's unfair due to different styles, body types etc
  • Uses to get super nervous and anxious watching his friends fighting
  • Predicts he'll starch Kelvin Gastelum, vows to bring the heat to this fight

Last edited:
Man I hope Whittaker somehow managed to recover from the two wars against Romero. I got a bad feeling that Kelvin will KO him.

WAR Bobby Knuckles though

Thank you for the cliffs

Bobby is all class
no problem bro, just looking to get more people invested in this amazing fighter that Bobby Knuckles is, it was a great interview, these guys know how to get the best of Rob
<LucyBless>

I can see it. Gastelum is a monster on the feet but he eats shots to give them. It's mostly worked out for him so far but Whittaker brings a different level of speed, accuracy and power to the table. If he starts connecting, Gastelum isn't going to be able to keep walking forward like he did against Jacare.

Whittaker has been dealing with fucking Romero firing back at him. He can still get clipped here but he isn't in the same level of danger in this one that he was in his last two.

This guy personifies what it means to be a Champion. Always evolving, in shape, and professional. No idea why he isn't more popular. He has an exciting style and always hunts for the finish. Nothing but amazing match ups in store for us with this man as champ. Kelvin, Isreal, Costa hopefully Luke

<5><5>

Likability and sportsmanship for days. A great guy. Kelvin, too. Looking forward to this fight.

I really like Bobby K. I dont know if he would beat Kelvin or Isreal, but he is cool to watch and to listen. Thanks TS.

Watched the whole interview.

Big fan of Whittaker.

Pumped up for this fight against Kelvin.

Aggressive, tough, yet respectful.

Truly a hard guy to dislike.

As the forums biggest Whittaker hugger, I'm not surprised mother fuckers.

i think whittaker decisions kelvin, but him vs adensya will be interesting, i would give the grapple adavtange to whitakker but striking is very close but i think whittaker would be more active to take another decision.

Watched the whole interview.

Truly a hard guy to dislike.
Its sherdog bro. The cesspit of mma. Some Yoel fans are still salty that he beat him twice. Instead of hating the judges they hate him. Is normal.

This guy personifies what it means to be a Champion. Always evolving, in shape, and professional. No idea why he isn't more popular. He has an exciting style and always hunts for the finish. Nothing but amazing match ups in store for us with this man as champ. Kelvin, Isreal, Costa hopefully Luke

<5><5>
He needs to be hired by UFC when he retires.

The guy is good to hear. Funny, well spoken, clear messages. I watched Adesanya interview after and i had to take it off

Man I hope Whittaker somehow managed to recover from the two wars against Romero. I got a bad feeling that Kelvin will KO him.

WAR Bobby Knuckles though
If Kelvin comes out with the same shit defense he had against Jacare he'll get lit up. Both those guys gassed hard in the 3rd round. Whittaker won't. If Kelvin leaves that chin in the air Bobby Knuckles will find it with a knee or headkick. He was landing fight-ending shots against Yoel, who just happens to be a fucking tank. Jacare had no steam and he was tagging Kelvin hard. Whittaker's cardio is another level as we saw with the coaches challenge. He'll make Kelvin pay for being sloppy in those later rounds.

Last edited:
Kelvin will sleep Whittaker and Romero will get all the credit for it.

Prime Whittaker will be born. Poor KG.

He needs to be hired by UFC when he retires.

The guy is good to hear. Funny, well spoken, clear messages. I watched Adesanya interview after and i had to take it off
I think his alright but im 60% in.

edit: dude made me laugh a few times. sometimes his super cool other times his got that ego.

Back