Robert Whittaker reminded me of Cody no Brain.

No, Whittaker's gameplan was actually the right one to use. He was never going to have any success being "patient" on the outside and trading jabs with a far more skilled kickboxer who has a reach advantage of 6.5 inches.

Blitzing and throwing looping shots that come from weird angles, followed by a disguised head kick was appropriate, but Israel's defense for it was textbook.

Facts.

No, Whittaker's gameplan was actually the right one to use. He was never going to have any success being "patient" on the outside and trading jabs with a far more skilled kickboxer who has a reach advantage of 6.5 inches.

Blitzing and throwing looping shots that come from weird angles, followed by a disguised head kick was appropriate, but Israel's defense for it was textbook.

This.

It was Bobby’s best chance to win, and if they rematch he will likely use the same strategy except he might try to keep his guard up a bit more.

If he happened to drop and KO Izzy with one of those punches, this forum would be preaching how Izzy would have no chance against him in a rematch because he got dominated and finished early.

That’s how the fight game works, u are right until you are wrong and you are great until you are over rated.

Welcome to Sherdog lol

You forget that literally Faber, TJ and Benavidez all trained with Cody and he was given the blue print to beat him. He's not that intelligent of a person. You're giving him way too much credit.

I know he's an idiot, but I also know he's a very talented fighter. Not meant super talented fighters are also Rhodes scholars.

Spamming lunging overhand rights against a counter puncher is strategically very questionable at best.

Regardless of Izzy’s length he was the challenger, and Robert should have made him come to him. Reach be damned, most counterpunchers don’t enjoy initiating all the action. That (and body punches) are what he should have done more of. jmo
Goddammit man! Why couldn’t you have been in Bobby’s corner that night?
I was thinking the same thing, make Izzy overreach don’t storm in against a longer counter striker, and fucking body shots!
Robert didn’t fight the champs fight that night and fought more like a challenger sadly.

Back