News Robert Whittaker is OUT of his March 7th UFC 248 Fight Against Jared Cannonier.

Jeez that sucks. I was excited to see him back.

personal reasons doesn't sound injury related. Maybe they can just push the fight back a month or two
tenor.gif
did somebody seriously go on national television and willingly admit to cheating with 25 guys <Lmaoo>

Personal reasons? Sounds more a family matter or something instead of an injury. Or maybe he's ducking, but he doesn't seem the type.

Correct, it it were an injury he would have said, let’s not go too hard on the bloke until we know what happened.

Good thing he is not a champ anymore. Division was stuck with him. He is always hurt or has some strange medical issue.

^ THIS. Totally agree. I wanted to same the same thing but can't word it any better than the master

This is so disappointing but unsurprising. I'm a big Whittaker fan, but it's getting harder to root for him with all these pullouts.

I like him, but thank god he's not the champion anymore.

Time for Aussie Cain to retire. It was a solid flash in the pan from down under lmao

Sounds like it might be psychological, but if not then he's Cain 2.0.

Well, there's a few ways this could go. Till could take Robs place, but that would be a horrible decision on his part. Jared would knock him out faster than Masvidal did. Kelvin could jump in maybe?

Please Till

Till wanted to fight on this card

Whittaker seriously needs to get his training together.

That's tragic.
Another Cain at this rate.
Do you honestly think its injury related??? He is Australian FFS. Serious shit is happening and i guarantee close people to him are going through tough times.

Whittaker dodging bullets. Probably good he pulled out, he needs an easier opponent to get him back in the game.

Whittaker is easily one of my favorite fighters but his body doesn't seem to respond well to his training habits.

I'm happy that he reached the top of the sport becoming champ, but I don't see him reaching that height again at this rate.

Sounds like personal issues. Notice he didn't apologize to family.

Hope it isnt his wife, she is hot and they look good together. And happy. Would be odd.

Darry Till is ready to die,
and will.

Whitaker dodged a bullet honestly.

NOTE: don't shit on Robert,
a majority of the country is gone or burning,
I sent money to friends whom live there.
It's not a joke, most people are volunteering to try save lives.
My assumption is Robert is doing what he can, where he can.

Last edited:
Do you honestly think its injury related??? He is Australian FFS. Serious shit is happening and i guarantee close people to him are going through tough times.

Smart man... fires are bloody everywhere and the air quality is less than china atm.

Suburb in western Sydney ( Penrith was the hottest place on earth last week. ( robs from western Sydney)
48.9 celcius . (122 Fahrenheit ). Grange jiu jitsu is located about 4km from Penrith.

I'll give him the benefit of the doubt until more information having a young family he may be loath to leave them. Plenty of people have had to change habits / move with the fires etc etc.

I wouldn't train in this heat in this air . Been like this for months.

Back