Robert Whittaker appreciation thread

>Adesanya fan

>wants Rob to win

>Because Whit is nice guy

If you like story lines go watch the WWE. This is MMA, skill wins fights not personalities.

Lol you’re not an Adesanya fan or even an MMA fan... rooting for “nice guys” as your top criteria over skill and talent is incredibly beta.

I’m not a big fan Jones or Adesanyas personalities, but I’m a massive fan of their skillset and they are the true faces of the sport not by being “nice guys” but by being elite at their craft.

Whit is the modern day Rich Franklin: a Jack of all trades who’s good at everything but elite at none. Adesanya is the new Anderson and we all know how this story plays out:

CoolSnarlingAsiaticlesserfreshwaterclam-size_restricted.gif

giphy.gif

- tells other people what to watch
- tellls other people what they're fans of or not
- calls other people beta
- clearly triggered by someone having a different view from his

GUYS LOOK, AN AMAZING PERSON HERE!

Let me start by saying, I might be the biggest Israel Adesanya fan out there and I will never hide that...

That being said, I wouldn't mind if this man dethrones him. Why? Well, it is very simple. Robert Whittaker is a prime model of what a MMA fighter should be, an athlete skilled in every possible combat style, capable of mixing it all together. It is such a joy to watch him fight, be it his movement and diverse array of weapons he is capable of using on his feet, or his underrated grappling game (it would be nice to see it being used more in an offensive manner, like in his last fight). His iq growth has been outstanding as well. He is calculated more than ever and he just entered his prime. No matter what happens in the rematch, there is no one close to Robert in that middleweight division, besides champion himself. He may lose again, but does he have the tools needed to defeat Israel Adesanya? I firmly believe that he does and that now is the time he can execute the plan need to win.

Also, he looks like a great dude all-round! Reaper bless!

robert-whittaker-ufc-223-backstage-interview.jpg

P.S. It is so sad when you love both guys that are fighting for the title...

Fans seem to gravitate into two categories. Either a sportsmen mentality or an identity mentality.

If you are a sportsmen fan, if the opponent is honorable and loses you will show him respect. Its a code that you live by because you play by rules and show a code of respect. Most of these fans will be more intrigued by the whole event. So the before, during, and after part of the fight and won't look emotionally invested in who wins or losses. These fans have a balanced mentality usually.

The ones who try to identify with their fighter tend to pull in the more disrespectful crowd. They tend to have an US vs them attitude. It could be due to their race, hate, country, or style of fighting. These kind are obviously the opposite of the sportsman fan. These fans will disrespect an opponent, other than their fighter, who wins or loses even though he has shown nothing but respect.

Whittaker has a very well-rounded skill set. But he turtled up in the 5th round of the second fight against Romero. He gamed the rules by going facedown on the mat and covering his ears with his hands, thus exposing the back of his head because he knows it's against the rules to hit him there.

Turtling up is essentially submitting. It should either be counted as a submission or your opponent should be allowed to hit you in the back of the head, if you are intentionally not looking at your opponent for an extended period and surrendering the back of your head.

JyoBzy.gif

3232362-turtle-is-hiding-in-its-shell.jpg

Glad I can teach you something. Your whole post in a nutshell is that you don’t mind if Whit beats Adesanya because he’s a “nice guy” lol.
It wasn't, that is exactly why I laughed haha but all the power to you man.

Robert 'too nice to finish you' Whittaker

Awesome fighter, awesome family man, doesn't punch pensioners in bars for not drinking shyte whiskey....what's not not like?

Hes a great fighter and greatly appreciated

Rob is the man, love him. He will be champion again. He looked vastly improved vs kelvin. Kelvin, a guy who gave Izzy problems, I think Bobby “peaked” or “primed” hes at his best right now at 30. Perfect combo of youth and experience. I got Bobby in the rematch, I think he uses his stand up to set up some takedowns and expose izzys weak wrestling.

>Adesanya fan

>wants Rob to win

>Because Whit is nice guy

If you like story lines go watch the WWE. This is MMA, skill wins fights not personalities.

Lol you’re not an Adesanya fan or even an MMA fan... rooting for “nice guys” as your top criteria over skill and talent is incredibly beta.

I’m not a big fan Jones or Adesanyas personalities, but I’m a massive fan of their skillset and they are the true faces of the sport not by being “nice guys” but by being elite at their craft.

Whit is the modern day Rich Franklin: a Jack of all trades who’s good at everything but elite at none. Adesanya is the new Anderson and we all know how this story plays out:

CoolSnarlingAsiaticlesserfreshwaterclam-size_restricted.gif

giphy.gif
Are you suggesting that Adesanya will go on a losing streak after ego got the best of him?

He’s one of the best middleweights ever, and if he wasn’t so injury prone and inactive when he was champ he would have had 3-4 more title defenses vs rockhold, gastelum and a few others. He never really hit that status he should have.
I said after the 1st Romero fight he was going to reign over the class for a long time. I didn’t see Izzy coming that quick, and I also didn’t imagine he’d be out for 1 year at a time

- tells other people what to watch
- tellls other people what they're fans of or not
- calls other people beta
- clearly triggered by someone having a different view from his

GUYS LOOK, AN AMAZING PERSON HERE!
Ah ignore him guy's a joke. Was slobbering all over Costa's nuts until Adesanya bent him over. Now he's on Adesanya's, should Whittaker beat him in the rematch all of a sudden Adesanya will be a over hyped bum, guy's the worst type of sherdogger.

knucks is the man, but gotta give kelvin heat some respect for toughness- he took an ass whoopin that wouldve wilted most others and pressed relentlessly

His resume must be one of the best and toughest ever for the division.

He's a class act. Oddly enough i got to play league of legends with him back when he just moved to MW. He's as likable on the camera as he is through a skype call

I must admit man, I had a genuine laugh while reading that... whatever that is man haha I really don't know what was the point of that post (not even counting how it makes zero sense and gives arguments for things that weren't even mentioned), but it got me laughing good <45>

Apparently his girlfriend cheated on him with an Aussie and he's been mad ever since. That's what I heard anyway

He's elite for sure but Adesanya has the talent to be GOAT level.

Back