Media Robert Whittaker annoyed by Dana White's 'twist on words' about Israel Adesanya rematch

Psychedelic

Silver Belt
@Silver
Reaction score

Whittaker: “I never said I don’t want to fight Izzy. I did not say that. I’m looking to fight March or April next year. If Izzy’s moving up to fight Jan, I’ll fight him there if he gets the win. I do want that fight. That is the fight that I earned and whether he’s at middleweight or light heavyweight I’m going to take the fight to him.”

Dana: "Yeah he doesnt want the fight, craziest shit I've ever seen"

He did say he doesn’t want the fight right now. So the show has to go on. The original interview He said he doesn’t care who he fights cuz he’ll take them out and a fight with Izzy is inevitable. Now he’s saying he only wants Izzy in March. If Izzy beats Jan he’ll be fighting Jones in March and Bobby knuckles is assed out

I heard what you said Bobby.

You said you weren't stoked about fighting Izzy again.

Sounds like you're defeated before even trying.

Even if you weren't stoked you should've acted like a fat kid wanting to get into a candy store about the rematch.

Dana just schooled him on MMA politics. Of course, we're all on Bob's side, but the dude needed a lesson. These are shark infested waters, dude. If you gonna act like you're in no rush then phrase yourself butter and keep the course. Getting desperate now just taints your previous statement even more.

But it is funny... Whittaker said he'll be ready for March. But UFC cannot wait! Izzy vs Blach is next!... for March.

TBH, Whittaker should have been way more clear on his intentions for the future. Because you know the UFC and Dana is going to use every little misstep in your wording against you.

He should have said simply. I'm expecting a baby in the new year. I'll be ready to go in March. Strap it up, Izzy. Not what he said. Which was much less emphatic than that. Think before you speak.

Edit. I'm referring to his comments after his last fight.

Last edited:
Reactions: G10
Dana doesn't want the rematch. More money in Israel doing a super fight at LHW and potentially fighting Jones down the road.

Whittaker is simply too polite. He's never aggressively campaigned, doesn't talk shit. In other words Dana doesn't like him...

That said, I still think Adesanya - Jan is still a really stupid idea. If Jan wins, the MW strap is whose exactly? If Adesanya wins he gets to keep both belts...

that's what 90% of sherdog looks like I know .... you included

whitaker is Tim Kennedy good

/ thread

Izzy going up for TWO mega fights stfu

Izzy > Jan
Izzy > Jones
deal with it

A little bitter are we? Tim Kennedy was good but Knuckles is better. He been in a lot of wars recently with a couple big health problems.

he didn't want the rematch
it was pretty obvious

any of you morons who think he wanted it are deluded
maybe it's a confidence issue or he wants more training etc
but he pretty much came out and said nah, book someone else

and there isn't a issue with that

he didn't want the rematch
it was pretty obvious

any of you morons who think he wanted it are deluded
maybe it's a confidence issue or he wants more training etc
but he pretty much came out and said nah, book someone else

and there isn't a issue with that

I want the link to this so called interview where Whittaker said this. I'm not even a fan of his, but he seemed to want to fight him after his win. He did say he wanted time off to be there for his childs birth and that he wanted to fight mid 2021. Post your source.

source.gif

Dana has been on a roll of shit talking his fighters lately. One day Dana is gonna get run out of town, he'll have it coming.

For Dana, "he doesn't want the fight" could mean he didn't want it at Dana's preferred venue, price, or other terms.

"So it's like this. We offered this kid a 5 figure contract. 25k. He turned it down! It's crazy. You win that fight, and the next one could be DOUBLE that! That's $75,000 in one year! I dont know who's advising this kid, but he should fire that dummy immediately."

Whittaker: “I never said I don’t want to fight Izzy. I did not say that. I’m looking to fight March or April next year. If Izzy’s moving up to fight Jan, I’ll fight him there if he gets the win. I do want that fight. That is the fight that I earned and whether he’s at middleweight or light heavyweight I’m going to take the fight to him.”

Dana: "Yeah he doesnt want the fight, craziest shit I've ever seen"

Rob was never my friend...
-- Dana Florian --

A little bitter are we? Tim Kennedy was good but Knuckles is better. He been in a lot of wars recently with a couple big health problems.

bitter about ?

so is this about health problems ? maybe being Ko'd ??? how about being turned into a victim both his romero fights ...

he isn't ready for izzy it's plain as day ... he may want it but anyone with half a brain knows he has ZERO for izzy ...

how bout knuckles fights Costa ... that's more fitting and you know it

<Goldie11>

Back