Robert Drysdale returns in April Wsof-GC 3 China

Who cares?

Robert Drysdale is completely irrelevant in MMA. I don't say this because of his PED use; I in no way care about that. My point is that he's 35 years old and he only has 7 professional bouts. He's never going to crack the Top 20, let alone Top 10. He needs to go back to focusing on his gym so that he doesn't neglect his students. He needs to focus on producing future elite MMA and BJJ players, not trying to be one.

I mean... then don't watch? Personally, I'm never going to miss a Drysdale fight, whether it's with GC or not.

Who cares?

Robert Drysdale is completely irrelevant in MMA. I don't say this because of his PED use; I in no way care about that. My point is that he's 35 years old and he only has 7 professional bouts. He's never going to crack the Top 20, let alone Top 10. He needs to go back to focusing on his gym so that he doesn't neglect his students. He needs to focus on producing future elite MMA and BJJ players, not trying to be one.

so you know that he is neglecting his students? i mean the several times i have been there recently, i have seen him running his classes just like normal. when he told me about this fight a few weeks ago (had a verbal agreement, but contract wasnt in hand yet), he was travelling to a fight to be in his fighters corner.

so please tell us all about how he is neglecting his students, because i, or the several fighters i know who use him haven's seen it

so you know that he is neglecting his students? i mean the several times i have been there recently, i have seen him running his classes just like normal. when he told me about this fight a few weeks ago (had a verbal agreement, but contract wasnt in hand yet), he was travelling to a fight to be in his fighters corner.

so please tell us all about how he is neglecting his students, because i, or the several fighters i know who use him haven's seen it

Yeah, I'm really not sure what that was about. But the guy clearly doesn't know Drysdale or his team. There's some ridiculously skilled guys who take over classes when he isn't there. And just like an Eddie Bravo, Drysdale is building his brand. Part of the reason WSOF-GC was an enticing offer for him is that he can introduce his brand to areas like South China and Japan. Any fighter with the business sense to franchise should want to do that. Hell, if nothing else they should try staying an extra week prior/following a fight and do seminars. Hainan has plenty of young kickboxers who are interested in MMA but have no one to train them in MMA-based grappling. It's a goldmine if you have the right business savvy.

Doesn't drysdale have a brain tumour or something? He was supposed to be on tuf but couldn't pass the medicals.

Last edited:
Doesn't drysdale have a brain tumour or something? He was supposed to be on tuf but couldn't pass the medicals. The UFC had to bury him on prelim cards in Brazil to get him sanctioned.
He missed out on TUF back in 09 due to a brain aneurysm.

He missed out on TUF back in 09 due to a brain aneurysm.

Yeah, that's right. he couldn't get sanctioned so he went to fight in bc, canada where there was basically no athletic commission at the time.

Yeah, that's right. he couldn't get sanctioned so he went to fight in bc, canada where there was basically no athletic commission at the time.
Apparently he isn't a big fan of fighting where they have athletic commissions

He fought in texas for legacy, another non existent commission, then The UFC tried to stick him on the prelims of a Brazil card but he failed the pre fight test lol.

I'm surprised he actually got sanctioned and fought under the nsac jurisdiction at the end.

For some reason, I keep thinking I'd like to see him face Christian M'Pumbu or Mikhail Zayats.
Zayats announced that at the moment he takes some time off of competition. He injured his knee in October at Combat Sambo tournament. Then he underwent some meniscus surgery in December.

Zayats announced that at the moment he takes some time off of competition. He injured his knee in October at Combat Sambo tournament. Then he underwent some meniscus surgery in December.
That sucks, he was always a solid fight for anyone. Hope he recovers well.

That sucks, he was always a solid fight for anyone. Hope he recovers well.
Now that we know zayats is not an option, mpumbu imo gets sub in the first round. What other international Lhw could be plug in to face drysdale? In your opinion.

Now that we know zayats is not an option, mpumbu imo gets sub in the first round. What other international Lhw could be plug in to face drysdale? In your opinion.
he gets the sub or gets subbed? surely you dont think he is subbing drysdale in the first round

Someone was actually suggesting a fighter just stick to coaching instead of pursuing extra opportunities? Interesting.

Good thing you're not a motivational speaker.

Back