Robbie's win over Ellenburger shows how awesome Hendricks is

killakillakilla

Brown Belt
@Brown
Reaction score
Robbie crushed Juggernaut last night.

Just a few months ago Hendricks outstruck Robbie and he did it wit a torn bicep

Yeah that's crazy. To beat someone as good as Lawler with a torn bicep is some true warrior shit.

Lawler also seems a bit more effective against orthodox guys.

Don't forget Hendricks was only going 20% and tore that bicep before he even started his camp!!!

I thought Hendricks' win over GSP already showed how awesome he is but okay

It was a hyper close fight and I wouldn't say either man clearly outstruck the other. Outstriking happens when, you know, someone clearly gets beaten up on the feet.

The idea Hendricks outstruck Lawler is beyond hilarious. Hendricks' epic chin is what saved him.

Hendricks is very fortunate to have left with the belt. It's very possible he will not escape next time.

It was a hyper close fight and I wouldn't say either man clearly outstruck the other. Outstriking happens when, you know, someone clearly gets beaten up on the feet.

Yup. Thankfully we KNOW Robbie clearly beat up Johnny.

Yup. Thankfully we KNOW Robbie clearly beat up Johnny.

Eh. I give Hendricks' a lot of credit for keeping it practically even on the feet for rounds 1,2, and 5.

But yeah, the rounds that were the most uneven were rounds 3 and 4 in favour of Robbie. His striking was looking sublime in those rounds.

The idea Hendricks outstruck Lawler is beyond hilarious. Hendricks' epic chin is what saved him.

Hendricks is very fortunate to have left with the belt. It's very possible he will not escape next time.
It's not that absurd. It's pretty clear Robbie was landing more effective strikes and hurt Hendricks more in the fight, and I'll be the first to say that should be taken into account when scoring a fight. But there was also a big gap in activity. In the first two rounds, Hendricks was landing a lot of low kicks and constantly throwing combinations, which did catch Robbie much of the time. It's not like Lawler left that fight unscathed.

Hendricks tore his bicep during training and Robbie still couldn't beat him. That's the truth right there homie

It's not that absurd. .

No, it's completely absurd.

But there was also a big gap in activity. In the first two rounds, Hendricks was landing a lot of low kicks and constantly throwing combinations, which did catch Robbie much of the time. It's not like Lawler left that fight unscathed.

The 2nd round is where all his activity came. He clearly won that round. Other than that he was pretty much getting torn up very badly.

I'm in noway saying Lawler took no damage. He did. But it wasn't even slightly close to the punishment Hendricks took.

Hendricks tore his bicep during training and Robbie still couldn't beat him. That's the truth right there homie

Well he arguably did.

But Hendricks deserves a shit ton of credit for showing true grit, and displaying one of the best chins I've ever seen.

The rematch is going to be sick.

No, it's completely absurd.

The 2nd round is where all his activity came. He clearly won that round. Other than that he was pretty much getting torn up very badly.

I'm in noway saying Lawler took no damage. He did. But it wasn't even slightly close to the punishment Hendricks took.

nope hendricks outstruck robbie and beat him in a fight that was all stand up until the very last minute. you just salty makin these arguments but you prob also say the same arguments aren't valid for the hendricks/gsp fight right?

robbie won that fight. he was picking hendricks apart.

Back