Robbie's success improves Nick Diaz' resume?

Don't expect Nick to get any credit around here. It's trendy around here to dislike Nick such as guys like Mir, Bisping, Tito, and Lesnar. Such as it's trendy to like guys such as Shogun, Wand, champions, pretty much pride fighters and bandwagon fighters.

People on here honestly believe Nick can't beat a single top ten fighter for christ sakes. He gets hated on for getting beat by GSP when EVERYONE HAS. Nick actually showed decent TDD during the later rounds of that fight. He showed decent scrambling skills and forced GSP to hang on to keep him down rather than be offensive. He definitely showed better TDD than anyone else GSP has fought outside of Hendricks.

Sherdog doesn't like him though so anything he does will be discredited. I mean, just look at Barao. Everyone was a fan until yesterday, then everyone "knew" he was "overrated." Nick was discredited when Robbie wasn't doing so well but when he does good it doesn't count. Terror nailed it on the head, no matter how well or bad Robbie is doing, it doesn't change the significant of the win at the time. Robbie wasn't a top 3 WW at the time, but it was still a solid top ten win.

In order to get credit for something, you need to accomplish something first and Nick has done virtually nothing in MMA

Yeah, everybody has lost to GSP, but the reason Nick catches heat is because he was the one always talking shit, calling him out only to spend the first couple rounds turtled up to avoid the gnp

I guess it would even he's a lot better now.
what a great fight that was though.

Too much revisionist history.

While it's true GSP dominated, it isn't like Nick didn't have his moments. In fact, he was starting to box him up a bit in the fourth and fifth. He even had gained some actual momentum by the time the fight ended and GSP was clearly gassed. It was obviously too little too late, but he wasn't without his moments in the fight.

Too much revisionist history.

While it's true GSP dominated, it isn't like Nick didn't have his moments. In fact, he was starting to box him up a bit in the fourth and fifth. He even had gained some actual momentum by the time the fight ended and GSP was clearly gassed. It was obviously too little too late, but he wasn't without his moments in the fight.

The only revisionist history going on here is fabricating Nick's records to make him come off as some p4p great.

He's not even a top5 WW of all time.

He's a fun fighter to watch and has had some great moments in his career, but he's not all his fans have him made out to be.

Robbie is still fighting. Nick is not.

I think so. That win keeps getting better. Robbie is a beast. Who stands in the pocket with that guy and KOs him?

Nick Diaz, that's who.

Not really still a good win but they were 22 and 23 years old in that fight both are different fighters and better. But like I said still a good win but they were both a tad green.

In order to get credit for something, you need to accomplish something first and Nick has done virtually nothing in MMA

You have accomplished nothing with this post. Nothing constructive, anyway.

Yeah, everybody has lost to GSP, but the reason Nick catches heat is because he was the one always talking shit, calling him out only to spend the first couple rounds turtled up to avoid the gnp

He even said he ran his mouth purposely to get a title shot, and commented on how he didn't like the fact that he had to do it.

But of course, he's the only one to ever talk trash about GSP.

I'm sure he's crying about people being upset with him while enjoying those seven figures he got from that one fight.

Diaz fans are even more delusional than Diaz himself.

You have accomplished nothing with this post. Nothing constructive, anyway.

He even said he ran his mouth purposely to get a title shot, and commented on how he didn't like the fact that he had to do it.

But of course, he's the only one to ever talk trash about GSP.

He had to do something, because he certainly didn't win enough fights to earn the shot.

Why? That fight is completely irrelevant in today's landscape

Anderson Silva success improves Ryo Chonnan resume?

Before you lol, Robbie lost to Nick Diaz the same year that Anderson lost to Ryo.

I feel like it was too long ago to either detract from Robbie or boost Diaz significantly. I can't say the result wouldn't be the same in a rematch, but they fought like 10 years ago.

I still find it funny that the ref had to tell Nick to stop talking.

The only revisionist history going on here is fabricating Nick's records to make him come off as some p4p great.

Literally no one here has called him a 'p4p great', and I don't think I've ever seen someone say that.

He's not even a top5 WW of all time.

No one is arguing that; it seems you like to make things up.

He's a fun fighter to watch and has had some great moments in his career, but he's not all his fans have him made out to be.

Most of his fans have only made him out to be an excellent fighter with great boxing and grappling who is a dangerous match-up for almost anyone in the division, soooo...?

Like I said in the OP, Robbie is a beast. I just think it's a great win. Yes, Robbie was much greener. Yes, it's possible the result might be different. Yes, it was a long time ago.

But it's not as though their styles have changed that much. Robbie throws some head kicks now maybe, and his wrestling has improved. Nick has proven to still be almost impossible to stand in the pocket with, and has great mental toughness when things get hairy in the standup. They're different, but not that different.

look its MMA math in action

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Freddie556
Back