Robbie Lawler Vs Vitor Belfort

superpunch

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
This is the most insanely fun match the UFC could possibly put on and no ones ever talked about it. Both guys are like the same size, and both are amazing strikers.

Robbie is a tough-as-fuck pressure fighter and Vitor is a counter-striking power puncher. Yes! No where else in the UFC can we get that match-up at such a high level.

Years later, this will be like someone talking about Igor Vs Wanderlei. Shame it never happened. It never made sense because of the weight classes but, years later, everyone knows the fight should have happened.

What do you think about this fight? Does it make sense? Who wins? What else?

Don't see Lawler going up, or Vitor going down, but i'd love it.

That would be violence. Id love to see it but it wont happen unfortunately.

Don't see Lawler going up, or Vitor going down, but i'd love it.

Vitor goijg down is out of the question, but Lawler used to be a MW so its feasible...but I think Vitor is a tad too strong.

Vitor vs Shogun is another phenomenal matchup like this. I'd love these kind of fights.

Vitor goijg down is out of the question, but Lawler used to be a MW so its feasible...but I think Vitor is a tad too strong.
OH yeah, definitely possible on Lawler's end..but I don't see him doing it at this point of his career with all of the monsters that are already at MW. It'd be a fun 1-off fight though.

i always wanted lawler vs leben back in the day

i always wanted lawler vs leben back in the day
At some points, they criss-crossed each other in the rankings: when Chris rose above Robbie and then again when Chris fell below Robbie. Both had very similar styles. Do you think that if Chris were able to overcome his personal issues that he could have been a champion?

Vitor going down

9zf60iK.gif

OH yeah, definitely possible on Lawler's end..but I don't see him doing it at this point of his career with all of the monsters that are already at MW. It'd be a fun 1-off fight though.
Vitor going down might be his best option at this point in his career. It would be hard work but he can do it

Could've been violencia. I think something short of 5th Round Lawler, or maybe in the form he was in in SF at 185, would be in serious trouble if Vitor found his mark - maybe even one good time... but you never know.

Btw, I believe Robbie Lawler will come back more determined than ever. I feel his spirit will reach to higher heights and we will see a scarier version of the Ruthless One as we see him today.

He's got a good a couple of years to show his final plateau. He's a fighter first and that is ingrained in his soul. I believe he'll fight until he's at least 37 or 38 but after his loss against Woodley I think his next run will make him hungrier than ever.

The Phoenix will rise again...

Last edited:
Lawlers tendency to go to wars wouldn't bode well with him against Vitor imo.. I see a classic Vitor blitz finishing Robbie

Back