Robbie lawler VS. KOS

I think Lawler wants this fight........revenge for Hughes.

maybe if robbie had stayed at welterweight his whole career, it would be a little more even but he hasn't fought at welterweight in a few years. i just think they're feeding kos a named fighter.

This is a good point.

And I agree with TS; if Kos fights smart, he's going to employ the same strategy used against Daley. And while I'm a Kos fan, I'm a bigger Ruthless fan, so here's hoping for a brutal KO for my man!

Kos will wreck him. It should be a simple gameplan. Get the takedown, and if that doesnt work, set up your right hand

Kos wins a fairly easy UD but after the Manhoef fight I never count out Lawler anymore.

this. that comeback (if you want to call it that) was amazing.

then again, this is a NCAA champion wrestler and lawler was easily outwrestled by tim kennedy.

I feel like Lawler vs Leben was a fight that was meant to happen. I wish Lawler would move up to middleweight again. THat would be a much more competitive and fin fight

much better fight for both guys and the fans.

this. that comeback (if you want to call it that) was amazing.

then again, this is a NCAA champion wrestler and lawler was easily outwrestled by tim kennedy.

Exactly. Robbie never got into his groove with Kennedy, just waiting for those TDs. Yeah, this may be a looooong 15 minutes for Robbie :)

paulo-thiago_josh-koscheck.gif
[/QUOTE]

the ref saved Kos's life.

All of the predictions for this fight are very similar to lawler vs trigg in icon. Robbie's overrated, trigg will take him down, ground and pound. I see the lawler-kos fight playing out very similarly to lawler-trigg.

I actually think this fights make perfect sense for the ufc and lawler perspective.

Lawler was the first ufc biggest and baddest thing but was too raw and young. For this reason he has some credible history with the ww ufc division that newer fans don't know about. Guys like kos probably watched robbie before the became fighters and now have a chance to fight the guy that once was. The thing with robbie is he still is a legitimate threat and could make some waves at 170. I kindof feel like the ufc is saying to robbie, "alright you were gone, you back at ww, sortof like a homecoming of sorts, lets see the robbie of old and if you can hang. This is your shot and if not so long." if robbie wins, it catapults him in contention and many story lines to be had by dana and co. If he loses handily then he isn't who he once was and doesn't deserve the pay and becomes expendable. For koscheck, he just beat a reputable mw fighter who he probably watched before he officially started mma.

I see Kos wrestle-fucking Lawler for three rounds. Good thing this isn't a main event on a televised card lol

Yeah thats got to be one of the worst matchups the ufc ever made.

Back