Robbie Lawler vs Ben Askren

About the same as Lawler vs Shields.

I think my prediction is the safest right now considering we really haven't seen how Askren's wrestling works against a good wrestler or grappler, something the UFC's WW is stacked with.

Seriously, who's the best wrestler/grappler Askren has beat? Nick Thompson?

Jay Hieron actually. Probably would have been national champ if he wasn't kicked off the team for drugs.

Lawler by TKO/KO, Askren had trouble getting Jay Hieron down.

Lawler would fucking anihilate him
Funny that if askren had stayed in bellator and robbie had gone to bellator instead of returning to ufc most people would be picking askren, but now that lawlers a ufc guy everybody's saying he'd get the ko.
We've seen Lawler deny takedowns and escape from the bottom against guys like Koscheck, MacDonald, Ellenburger and Hendricks since returning to the UFC

About the same as Lawler vs Shields.

LMAO, Shields had more submissions between 2007-2009 than Askrens had in his entire career, that fight would look nothing like Shields vs Lawler.

LMAO, Shields had more submissions between 2007-2009 than Askrens had in his entire career, that fight would look nothing like Shields vs Lawler.

Also the fight was at 185 and Shields enjoyed a size advantage

I would pick Askren over Lawler because he is so relentless with his grappling, however I feel like Askren would die if he faced Hendricks.

I think my prediction is the safest right now considering we really haven't seen how Askren's wrestling works against a good wrestler or grappler, something the UFC's WW is stacked with.

Seriously, who's the best wrestler/grappler Askren has beat? Nick Thompson?

Lawler's TDD might be the last thing Askren needs to worry about.

He also has to worry about Lawler's power too.

Funny that if askren had stayed in bellator and robbie had gone to bellator instead of returning to ufc most people would be picking askren, but now that lawlers a ufc guy everybody's saying he'd get the ko.

lol 5 people picked Askren, and I think 2 said Lawler by KO before your post and one post was obvious sarcasm.

that was 3 years ago askren is much better now.

You say this as if Lawler hasn't gotten drastically better in the last 3 years. Askren has gotten better but Lawler has improved more and he's a bad match up for Askren anyway.

The main question is would Robbie be able to stop the TD's or not. I know that he's been able to stop the TDs from Koscheck but Askren's MMA wrestling and style of wrestling is at a whole different level then anyone elses in MMA. People act like GSP had the best MMA wrestling but Askren probably would dominate the wrestling part of the fight if they did fight(just be clear not saying that Askren beating GSP). But Askren's style of wrestling is so much more relentless and it's not as one dimensional as guys like Koscheck who are basically just double leg guys. You squirm out of one of Askren's TD defenses and next thing you know he's all over you again getting ready to take you down again.

This might be the worst post I have ever seen.

Askren would have rightfully been the favorite over Robbie just like Kos was nobody knew Robbie was gonna work harder then ever and go beast mode in his UFC run.

Ben Askren beats every UFC WW except Lombard and Hendricks.

And Lawler hasn't? LOL.

Judging by the hendricks fight his TDD wasn't that great, In fact he pretty much lost the fight because of it. Yes Lawler is a better striker and has more power but Askren has a great chin his cardio/strengh and conditioning is better and his Wrestling/Grappling/Jiu Jitsu is light years ahead of Lawlers, If Lawler goes down then it's one way traffic.

Askren would clean out the WW division with his wrestling just like GSP did, Heck Dana knew this that's why he was afraid of signing him.

Back