Robbie Lawler TKO Nick Diaz GIFS

He came in at 185 and looked all extra 15 pounds and 6 years off whenever he did anyhting but throw punches.
Yeah man, can't argue with that - wonder where he goes from here?? He ain't a young man and it's questionable at this point if he still has that desire to go through all that abuse that an MMA fighter must.

Both nearly 40 years of age, Robbie being closer to 40 than Nick. Walked Diaz down the whole fight, broke his nose, made him quit.
They don't even look like a shell of their former selves but Robbie could have cashed in too and just coasted to a UD.
But he brought it tonight and went for the kill
Went in for the kill, but walked away from a downed opponent. Kden

I expected Lawler to win....Diaz just didn't look like he was really into it at the weigh ins and face off.
I'm honestly not that surprised it ended the way that it did.
After all of this "will he or won't he come back" talk for YEARS, I don't understand how he comes back overweight and looking that trash in his come back fight against a guy he beat in the past.

Yeah man, can't argue with that - wonder where he goes from here?? He ain't a young man and it's questionable at this point if he still has that desire to go through all that abuse that an MMA fighter must.

I like the Conor fight. They can both just box or something.

Both nearly 40 years of age, Robbie being closer to 40 than Nick. Walked Diaz down the whole fight, broke his nose, made him quit.
They don't even look like a shell of their former selves but Robbie could have cashed in too and just coasted to a UD.
But he brought it tonight and went for the kill
So that’s impressive than Nick knocking out Lawler cold?

I expected Lawler to win....Diaz just didn't look like he was really into it at the weigh ins and face off.
I'm honestly not that surprised it ended the way that it did.
After all of this "will he or won't he come back" talk for YEARS, I don't understand how he comes back overweight and looking that trash in his come back fight against a guy he beat in the past.
Nick still brought it, even though he physically looked like shit. He looked like he didn't even train ffs

It’s worse, but that doesn’t make Lawler’s win impressive.

Making any fighter quit with a punch is a pretty big deal. Making a guy knowing for never quitting quit with a punch is an even bigger deal. He just made Nick Diaz go full "I'm scared homies". Out is just your body making a decision for you. You have no control over how good your chin is.

Well.... we're certainly a long ways a way from those triathlon days.
For real. He quit because he got a little tired. The skills were still there early on when they had fresh gas tanks, the chin was even there, but his cardio lasted about 7 minutes and he simply elected to stop. Not even Dada5000 quit because he got tired. Diaz got soft by party life and his ego prevented him from growing as a martial artist.

Nick basically quit 5 years ago by not fighting his suspension, not really sure why anyone is surprised that he quit again. Just listen to him talk, he hates fighting.

Nick still brought it, even though he physically looked like shit. He looked like he didn't even train ffs
Oh for sure. Nick still actually looked pretty good. (lol despite whatever the fuck that spinning shit was he started out with)
His hands were still there, and I think if the fight had went on, he would have taken it.
I just meant considering what the Diaz boys are known for, for him to come back with a belly was ridiculous.
He doesn't look like he could do more than 10 situps.

Diaz hasnt won a fight in like 10 years and that was over flat footed old ass BJ. So no surprise but still pretty pathetic way to go out.

EducatedHollowFoxhound-size_restricted.gif

wFhTtWF.gif

<DCrying>

So that’s impressive than Nick knocking out Lawler cold?
Yes. Anyone can catch anyone with a shot, especially when in their prime and hungry.
Robbie could have coasted tonight, or bobbed and weaved his way to another letdown decision loss.
Also overcome so much bullshit during fight week. Shrugged everything off and went in and battered a celebrated foe to literal surrender.
Mighty impressive.

That Shot to the temple was big, but the uppercut while he was down was what did him in. Crushed his nose.

Back