Robbie Lawler returns to Octagon, faces Josh Koscheck at UFC 157.

Why would Koscheck grind out a decision when he can pound the shit out of Lawler on the ground?

I think Kos is going to be forgetting all that nonsense the UFC has been feeding us about how "good" his striking is.

Terrible mismatch. Kos is top 10 WW, Robbie is like Top 25 MW if that. I like the guy very much but he's getting screwed over here.
Probably giving a fight to honor the rest of his contract, but don't wanna have to pay him big bucks continuously so they fed him to Kos and will be cut afterward.

Fight makes no sense what so ever unless your theory is right (setting him up for failure). Have em lose to Kos then cut him is the most likely outcome here.

I would LOL if he knocked Kos out cold (not because I want to see Kos KOed but because it foils the UFC's obvious plan)

Yeah, it's not like Kos has ever been KOed by an unranked newcomer to the UFC, let alone someone with devastating KO power and years of big fight experience.

Are we talking Paulo Thiago here? Sure he KO'd Kos, but no one even knew he had standup, he was touted as a BJJ guy iirc, he caught him, all props to him. Robbie could catch Kos too but I wouldn't bet on it, everyone knows what he brings to the table.

Would love to see him get the KO though.

looking forward to it

kos probably dominates the entire fight but lawler is always dangerous

robbie = punchers chance. its a good thing he hits hard.

but i choose u koscheckchu

Yeah, it's not like Kos has ever been KOed by an unranked newcomer to the UFC, let alone someone with devastating KO power and years of big fight experience.

Thiago was totally unknown at that point.

So pumped to have Lawler back in the UFC, Great match up too.

So what if Koscheck should win, Lawler's an explosive athlete, I say he wins by KO, unless Koscheck learns how to jab.

So what if Koscheck should win, Lawler's an explosive athlete, I say he wins by KO, unless Koscheck learns how to jab.

1. Lol @ explosive. Lawler is white.
2. While anything can happen in mma, Kos is as close to a stone cold lock as get these days.

Terrible mismatch. Kos is top 10 WW, Robbie is like Top 25 MW if that. I like the guy very much but he's getting screwed over here.
Probably giving a fight to honor the rest of his contract, but don't wanna have to pay him big bucks continuously so they fed him to Kos and will be cut afterward.

why would the UFC want to cut lawler? he's an exciting fighter with a gaggle of KO highlight reels. I always questioned why they didnt bring him back earlier and realized its most likely due to the fact that he got more money at elitexc and strikeforce.

terrible matchup for Robbie Lawler, big risk fight for both guys.

why would the UFC want to cut lawler? he's an exciting fighter with a gaggle of KO highlight reels. I always questioned why they didnt bring him back earlier and realized its most likely due to the fact that he got more money at elitexc and strikeforce.

He's exciting, but he's also an established vet that would probably command a decent payout, but he hasn't exactly been a killer over the last couple years. He's more a liability than an asset imo. WW has a ton of exciting fighters already.

I don't care one way or another, I like watching him fight, but this move is somewhat strange to me.

Lalwer is fucked unless Kos wants to keep it standing

Back