Media Robbie Lawler post - fight press conference: class personified

Probably true, since his second fight with Rory McDonald ended pretty much the exact same way. I actually love the way this one ended — Nick went out on his sword without taking a bunch of unnecessary additional punishment.

I honestly thought this fight was going to be boring, with neither guy being willing to engage, and am so glad I was wrong.

8puY2b0.jpg

Bloodied and Battered, the Diaz Brothers still show respect when it's due.
i

His nose was broken and his eyes went blurry.

Not much else he could have done. He was just going to get lit up after that

Yup - Done is done

Rest is jus yearning for yer perspective...

Lawler knows. Now you useless sacks of lard can shut up about Nick "quitting".

I saw what everyone saw. If the man who lost won't make an excuse and the Victor is all praise, why do we need to throw in our two cents in about what we think we know? We don't know shit.
Learn to appreciate and stop picking things apart. Some of us know more than others in regards to training and experience but almost never are we the guys being discussed. Just hold yourself up like a human being and not a know it all without a clue.

What's the big deal, Nick quit. No shame in that. He didn't want anymore damage and had enough

I saw what everyone saw. If the man who lost won't make an excuse and the Victor is all praise, why do we need to throw in our two cents in about what we think we know? We don't know shit.
Learn to appreciate and stop picking things apart. Some of us know more than others in regards to training and experience but almost never are we the guys being discussed. Just hold yourself up like a human being and not a know it all without a clue.

Get off your high horse. It's a mma forum, things can be discussed whether you like the topic or not

Im just gonna ignore forever the people who say Diaz quit. These are the fake tough guys.
He did quit. The problem is people dragging him for it. It’s somehow okay to submit to a choke or armbar, but not when you’re getting your bone pushed through your nose.

The internet tough guys shitting on Nick or other fighters is that they have never and would never get in the ring, and if they were forced to, would tap out seconds after the bell rang to start the match.

Get off your high horse. It's a mma forum, things can be discussed whether you like the topic or not
Stating truth is a high horse stance? This is your rebutall. Asking a person to be human and stop acting like an expert in something they observe from a distance with noninsight in to a person is too much for you to handle? Don't respond with a silly child like retort. I'll have a discussion but I won't have an argument with a screen.

Yup - I bring this concept up in many a WMMA debate. We are free to share our opinions and so are others to comment on them. It's when it dissolves to insults, bashing, etc. It becomes tiresome and ruins topics.

I have no likes...

<RomeroSalute>

Robbie beat Nick up. That's all there is to it. There's no glory in being glutton for punishment, taking 3 more rounds of damage with no hope in sight. Just get out and live to fight another day.

What is Robbie Lawler supposed to say? "Yeah, you know, Nick is obviously out of shape, his punches were in slow motion, he probably ran out of money which forced him to fight again, although he absolutely doesn't want to be in the octagon, so I knew if I hurt him bad enough that he'll quit". Of course he is going to say - "He is a warrior, old timer veteran, he has a lot of heart, it's just that I hurt him so bad he couldn't continue".

I mean I wouldn't call Nick Diaz a quitter, he looked depressed really. Not that he couldn't continue or he was afraid to be hit more, it was like - "Whatever, I don't care".

But he quit. For one reason or another. I mean after we saw Ortega being left for dead at the end of the third, then carried like a sack of potatoes by his team to the stool, then taking more damage in the fourth and still being able to finish the fight and win the fifth on one card... yeah, compared to that Nick absolutely quit.

He quit. He also looked 15 years older than Nate

I think Nick has been having drinks by the pool for a decade. He was moving like a 50 year old. Nick was still super exciting and you could see all the talent and experience behind the physical limitations. He threw a ton of punches and it was fun. Theb he was getting beat up, knew it wasn't going to change, and quit

He quit...it's a fact.

He could've kept going but I'm sure he knows is not worth the damage he would take if he kept on fighting.

I know people don't want to use the word quit, but he did....We use the word quit for other fighters, but not the diaz bros? Fuck that, he quit......and it's ok, doesn't mean anything bad in the grand scheme of things...It's not like he quit in his prime when he was getting his ass kicked.
Did cro cop quit in the JDS fight? I never looked at it that way. His nose looked pretty smashed. I wasn’t mad at it.

Robbie is pure class. Lots of fighters would sleep a lot better at night if they could learn to handle themselves like Lawler. Dude will have few regrets about how he handled himself. It's like a primer for actually being tough, not just acting tough.

Weren't Diaz fans the majority of people making fun of GSP for tapping to strikes which is essentially what Nick did last night? Nick quit, nothing wrong with it but that's what happened. Not sure why anyone would try to deny it.

He did quit. The problem is people dragging him for it. It’s somehow okay to submit to a choke or armbar, but not when you’re getting your bone pushed through your nose.

The internet tough guys shitting on Nick or other fighters is that they have never and would never get in the ring, and if they were forced to, would tap out seconds after the bell rang to start the match.
Exactly right. He fought hard. He put on a show. In the end he took some good shots. I'm guessing the rumors of him getting ko'd in training may have been true, and he felt that coming, got his brain pan rattled, knew he wasn't moving or taking damage like he once did, and decided to live to fight another day. No shame there. Anyone who fancies themselves tougher than Diaz was last night thinks pretty highly of themselves. I'd suggest that the only ones who think themselves unbreakable, are those who haven't pushed themselves far enough. Anyways...

Stating truth is a high horse stance? This is your rebutall. Asking a person to be human and stop acting like an expert in something they observe from a distance with noninsight in to a person is too much for you to handle? Don't respond with a silly child like retort. I'll have a discussion but I won't have an argument with a screen.

You don't need to be an expert to see that he quit. That's fine, but that's what happened.

Back