Media Robbie Lawler post - fight press conference: class personified

Basically, that was a "gimme" for Robbie.
He knew if Nick had come in at even 195, Nick was still going to get his azz beat. Nick is a formal shell of himself. He should not be fighting. Let it go nostalgic people.

Class act. I'm more impressed by how he handled post fight interviews than the actual fight.

Yeah, people should put some respect on Robbie Lawler's name - he diazed Diaz! At 185lb. Was all class before and after the fight.
WAR Ruthless!

If you're a fight fan, how do you not love Robbie Lawler?

Robbie is the man. Always respectful and has put it on the line for years with numerous classic wars. How can anybody not be a fan of him?
Seriously. I have a friend who is a long time mma fan.. like 1998-ish.. but he’s not a fan of Robbie. Never has been. I can’t wrap my head around it.

Reactions: Gio
Seriously. I have a friend who is a long time mma fan.. like 1998-ish.. but he’s not a fan of Robbie. Never has been. I can’t wrap my head around it.

Probably didn't like him when he was starting out.

can anyone tell me why all the mma journalists are asking such lame, repetitive questions? especially that fucker joe morgan is really annoying

Is the ufc telling them to ask these softball questions, or are they really that stupid and boring?
They are that stupid and boring. That's why guys like Ariel who researches and thinks of interesting questions stand out.

can anyone tell me why all the mma journalists are asking such lame, repetitive questions? especially that fucker joe morgan is really annoying

Is the ufc telling them to ask these softball questions, or are they really that stupid and boring?
[Sorry, can't edit posts because of the yellow cards]

Then again, Dana would sometimes shut Ariel off when he asked "too interesting questions", so there surely must be some understanding that asking that kind of stuff will get you no perks around the UFC...

I mean he fought a fat guy who clearly just came off the couch and wasn't trained.

It was a complete train wreck. Nick tapped to strikes after the first big shot he had to eat. It would be insanely embarrassing to gloat or make much of it.

Robbie is happy the UFC was able to give him a high profile fight with an opponent that offered him next to zero threat. He was professional and just went about his business.

Its kind of surprising it took him so long to sit Nick down who looked like he was punching through water. Its time for Robbie to wrap things up too, a very fine career.
Agree with a good part of this. Robbie , clearly, on other side/ career but hes not getting trucked nor is he quitting. He always carries himself well so last night no surprise. Given the right opponents, he could go through stretch exchanging wins and losses - still- against the best ( avoiding the top half dozen or so).

Again, Robbie Lawler owns the best comeback story in UFC -perhaps-in MMA history.

Words do not describe how refreshing it is to hear these words and more importantly....watch him say it. 100% genuine.

GOAT IMO. Really hard business TBH.

Forget record. Forget belts. Forget losses. Forget wins. Just watch the man speak. Just watch the man act.

Happy Sunday.

https://www.yahoo.com/sports/robbie-lawler-says-nick-diaz-062442852.htmlhttps://www.yahoo.com/sports/robbie-lawler-says-nick-diaz-062442852.html

Nick-Diaz-vs-Robbie-Lawler-Purse-min.jpg

Last edited:
Lawler is just protecting Diaz' legacy and being a class act, for a man that clearly had no business being in the octagon.

Robbies a pro

Guy of few words

He quit...it's a fact.

He could've kept going but I'm sure he knows is not worth the damage he would take if he kept on fighting.

I know people don't want to use the word quit, but he did....We use the word quit for other fighters, but not the diaz bros? Fuck that, he quit......and it's ok, doesn't mean anything bad in the grand scheme of things...It's not like he quit in his prime when he was getting his ass kicked.

Im just gonna ignore forever the people who say Diaz quit. These are the fake tough guys.

Back