Robbie Lawler & Nick Diaz

MMAaddictus

Purple Belt
@purple
Reaction score
Robbie is a class act. Worked his way up to the top. Knocking everyone out. Doesn't complain. Doesn't whine. Fights whoever the UFC puts in front of him. Lost a VERY CLOSE decision to Johny Hendricks for the belt but came back strong. He really has improved leaps and bounds and that's because he knows he's an MMA fighter. One more win maybe and he's back in title contention? Mad props to Robbie.

I wish I could say the same about Nick Diaz. Sigh. Whiner, lost two in a row and then wants a title shot. LOL. Robbie would beat you now cause he chooses to fight the best.

Thinly veiled Nick Diaz hate thread.

Robbie is a stand up guy, unfortunately fans like these are not.

I hope you fucking die. Nick fought Gsp. Lawlor didn't fight Gsp because he was scared

I love Nick, but I don't think he can do to Robbie what he did 10 years ago. Lawler seems to have learned how to control his aggression, which Nick used against him the 1st time. Also, I felt like he had lost a step against GSP, who honestly didn't look that great either.

I'd love to see it...would make a lot of Sherhaters mad because it would definitely be for a title shot but IMO Robbie deserves one now but who knows how long Hendricks is going to be out. There's really no one left for Robbie to fight at this point especially if Rory wins then you have to give him the title shot.

I hope you fucking die. Nick fought Gsp. Lawlor didn't fight Gsp because he was scared

Goddamn you diaz fanboys are insecure with your manhood. Lawlor didnt fight GSP because earned a title shot by default after GSP retired, and Nick Diaz(as much as I like to see him fight) made Dan hardy's title shot look legit and justified.

Goddamn you diaz fanboys are insecure with your manhood. Lawlor didnt fight GSP because earned a title shot by default after GSP retired, and Nick Diaz(as much as I like to see him fight) made Dan hardy's title shot look legit and justified.

And Dan Hardy performance against GSP was not much worse than Nick's performance

It would be fun to watch. Unlikely to happen but still...

That said,s styles make fights. Lawler is an excellent standup fighter having transitioned from a standup brawler. He wouldn't pose the same problems that Condit did for Diaz.

Diaz has a better chin and better standup as long as the fighter keeps moving towards him (unlike Condit who spent most of the fight moving away...). Also if the Hendricks Lawler fight was a good litmus test, Diaz has better cardio (assuming they fought 5 rounds).

No way Dana lets this fight happen before Lawler fights Hendricks again. Unfortunately Hendricks would take Diaz down at will and hold him down for 25 minutes.

And Dan Hardy performance against GSP was not much worse than Nick's performance

By all means, Diaz didn't even talk his way to a title shot. he was handpicked by GSP out of pity since he bitched so much and threw a temper tantrum after the Condit loss.

I doubt there has been anyone scared to fight GSP for sometime. There are many who feel they'd have no chance to beat him but scared? GSP' opponents mostly get controlled and jabbed for 5 rounds.
Nick isn't really retired, he just wants to cherry pick his fights. He only wants to fight for the title and he doesn't deserve it again, he needs to work his way back. A win over Lawler might be enough to argue a shot. Personally feel he needs two wins but Lawler is a beast now and if he can beat him I'd say give him Big Rig.

Diaz would beat Lawler again.

Cry about how much you hate him when you really just have repressed homo urges and can't stop thinking about him.

Do people actually forget that the only reason Nick got a title shot was because GSP asked for that fight?

Hendricks was knocking on the door at the time and GSP elected to delay that fight by getting Nick instead because he was the easier matchup, as evidenced by their fights.

Nick would be lucky to get the Matt Brown fight at this point and has no business fighting anyone in the top 5.

diazlawler.gif

leave Nick Diaz alone, let the man enjoy retirement

Back