Robbie Lawler is the most respected man in the WW division

Robbie is a fighters fighter and he is always respectful and honest, plus he goes in there and puts on a show everytime. No reason for anyone shit talk him, what is there to say?

Ive been watching MMA for a loong time. Robbie is possibly my favorite fighter of all time. That KO to Nick was BS

How was it BS? in a sense that Robbie should have beaten Nick? if you mean literally, go watch that fight, Nick flattened him. There was no controversy.

Calm, mellow and respectful outside the cage with no shit talking, pure violence inside. What is not to like.

I remember when a young Robbie got KO'd by Nick Diaz in about UFC 37.5 or something like that. The guy has been around for years, the UFC and for awhile some smaller orgs., but he always makes an exciting fight. Who remembers when he almost killed Frank Trigg in some other org. outside UFC? Guys like him and Andrei Arlovski are pioneers in making this sport great. Glad he is appreciated by most. Hope he clobbers Covington!!:D
Or when he almost killed Matt Lindland and then like the gentleman he is put his legs in the recovery position before walking off, lol.

I also loved his reaction to the Askren stoppage. A moment if anger before turning around to shake a clearly embarrassed Herbs hand and offer his forgiveness.

Robbie is just the perfect type of fighter, a good guy who looks at fights as the competition they are meant to be and does his job without harbouring any ill will towards his opponent.

Probably right up there simply because no matter what, you're going to be in for carnage if you have to fight him. There won't be any of those "I can keep going. Book me next week, I'm good to go again" after you fight him. It's more "I'm gonna need a 2 month vacation before I think about fighting again"

Or when he almost killed Matt Lindland and then like the gentleman he is put his legs in the recovery position before walking off, lol.

I also loved his reaction to the Askren stoppage. A moment if anger before turning around to shake a clearly embarrassed Herbs hand and offer his forgiveness.

Robbie is just the perfect type of fighter, a good guy who looks at fights as the competition they are meant to be and does his job without harbouring any ill will towards his opponent.
Boss 429?? Are you a fellow Ford fan too??:rolleyes:

Mostly because Robbie has never talked shit and is great to watch fight. Also, he's been around for ages and is still relevant. What's not to respect?

It's because Robbie gets in wars that other fighters would like to able to talk about as well.

Dude's a legit warrior. Hespect.

Boss 429?? Are you a fellow Ford fan too??:rolleyes:
Yeah dude, Mustang fanatic since I was 6 years old.

I'm pretty sure I've already told you our usernames should race, lol.

Robbie's been fighting since Pat Militech was a contender. Ridiculous that he's still in there banging like a madman.

Because he said this

It's a great clip and an awesome quote, but does every thread have to turn into a Conor discussion? It's pathetic. Robbie's awesomeness speaks for itself, as evidenced by all the other responses.

"Last thing I wanna do win or lose is take Robbie Lawler punches." -Nick Diaz

I remember when a young Robbie got KO'd by Nick Diaz in about UFC 37.5 or something like that. The guy has been around for years, the UFC and for awhile some smaller orgs., but he always makes an exciting fight. Who remembers when he almost killed Frank Trigg in some other org. outside UFC? Guys like him and Andrei Arlovski are pioneers in making this sport great. Glad he is appreciated by most. Hope he clobbers Covington!!:D
I think he fought Trigg in Bodog

Yeah dude, Mustang fanatic since I was 6 years old.

I'm pretty sure I've already told you our usernames should race, lol.
Me too. I have had a Mustang in my garage my whole driving life. Had a 1970 Shelby GT350 for about 25 years, sold it and bought the 1st supercharged Stang ever with my 2003 Cobra. Probably have this car the rest of my life. I don't like racing other Fords for some reason. Get more enjoyment beating up a Vette!<45>

I met Robbie in line at Chick Fil A in the ATL airport, he was on the way to watch an event and had his wife and kids with him. I talked to him in line while we waited, ended up being mostly about a Cowboy fight that was coming up. Wished him good luck with his next fight and went to sit down to eat. Was reading my Kindle and he came over after eating to say goodbye and hoped I had a good flight.

Only fighter I have ever met in person.

Back