Robbie Lawler is a 2 to 1 favorite over Nick Diaz

Show us that bet slip, TS. Robbie is the favorite because he'll win the fight.

Nick has had one fight in 8 years. Robbie may be losing, but he's at least been fighting, and against the best in the world.

Some would say that Nick isn't beaten up like Robbie after the wars he's been in, but I'd bet on the guy who has been performing his craft over the guy who hasn't. It's like any other technical skill, use it or lose it.

Wish Nick the best though, always a fan and would like to see him do well.

You'd have to be insane to bet on a guy that hasn't won a fight in a decade.

I don't think Nick will be competitive against younger guys, but he has a good chance of beating Robbie... not a bad bet

Oregon Lottery Sports Betting has Nick at +100 and Robbie at -120

If this makes it out of round 1 I give the edge to Diaz, but that's a big if. More likely scenario is Robbie KO's him in the first minute. Trading shots with Robbie will not be a good idea this time around.

HOW
WHY
HOW AND WHY

The same Robbie Lawler who is on a 4 fight losing streak at WW and just got outclassed by journeyman Neil Magny. Robbie is on a significant downturn and took a lot of damage

Compared to a now motivated Nick Diaz who is has best resting and recovering over 5 years and last fought moving up in weight and going to a decision with MW great Anderson Silva

Plus Nick doesnt have to worry about getting caught for smoking weed or CBD
He isn't. You're wrong. It's even odds.

Imagine being this worked up about something you're completely wrong about.

Diaz literally hasn't won a fight in 10 years and he's spent the last 6 drinking and partying. Lawler has declined but he's still fighting and it's not like he's getting starched

Diaz hasn't fought in over 6 years, retard.

Nick is gonna stand there with Robbie bobbing and weaving around him for 3 rounds. Lawler will win the decision, Nick will complain at the presser and demand a trilogy.
I was gonna ask if it's a 3 rounder. Five rounder I would favor Nick but this one is a tossup.

Robbie should be favorite.

But Nick can get back in shape. He got that training background. Mentally and physically its much easier to do comeback than do something like this first time.
I think this is reasonable fight between two veterans who dont have much going on.

I guess they figure, even with Robbie's slide, that being active beats being away from the sport for almost 7 years.

HOW
WHY
HOW AND WHY

The same Robbie Lawler who is on a 4 fight losing streak at WW and just got outclassed by journeyman Neil Magny. Robbie is on a significant downturn and took a lot of damage

Compared to a now motivated Nick Diaz who is has best resting and recovering over 5 years and last fought moving up in weight and going to a decision with MW great Anderson Silva

Plus Nick doesnt have to worry about getting caught for smoking weed or CBD

Lawler has been more active over the last 5 years for starters....

And was UFC WW champion...

It makes sense...but i wouldnt hold alot of weight in it...Diaz bros often have the odds stacked against them and they like it like that...

Should be an awesome fight

CAN NOT WAITTTTTT

Last few times we saw both, they looked like shit.

And thats coming from a hardcore fan of theirs. I guess with Nick, inactivity is that one extra, major factor that plays in which is why I can see the odds being what they are.

Nick is totally washed

Hope he gets a good payday and can enjoy retirement for good.

The only question is if Robbie is going to look even worse than what we expect Nick to look like.

Due to Time out of the ring I’d imagine.

Robbie 2.0 is well on the slide now. Nick will obviously come in to the fight in good shape. Unless age has got to his chin/legs, I’d have to favour him over Lawler

Nick has been frying his brain drinking and partying on the daily as a PR person for local clubs for the best part of the last 5 years. I don't think he looks good in his comeback.

And I say that as a fan.

Ah, well if that’s the case I may have a rethink my prediction.

Back