Robbie Lawler: If they scored damage, I'd be champion

You can't objectively score damage

rewatched it... and Robbie is right

but hendricks definitely did enough to win that fight. He took rounds 1,2,5 and made a comeback in the 4th... I'd say he took it 48-47

Last edited:
Hendricks did a shit ton of damage too, that fight was awesome and it proved that both guys can take bombs for days. IMO Hendricks won it 48-47 clearly and i even think Hendricks beats him easier in a rematch. IMO that wasn't Hendricks nearly at his best and I'm not a fan of either

I thought Robbie won but I need to rewatch the fight again. Had no problems with Hendricks winning though. Close fight.

Lawler lost the same way Hendricks lost to GSP. Both were legit wins.

Remember when Johnny was making the same argument against GSP? lol

Maybe he would have won if it was PRIDE rules/judging or whatever, but that last round costed him the fight from what I remember. At least if you're scoring the fight by the 10 point must system.

Cost*

He should've won anyway, he did the better work in the first round.

95% of the fight was on its feet and Johny outstruck him 3 rounds to 2...
ibxPOH8tyLqeCB.gif

The difference is under the scoring criteria used by the UFC Hendricks should have won both fights.

I agree with this. Lawler fought a hell of a fight, but he lost three rounds. As far as more damage, he seems to have done more but Hendricks landed plenty of good shots on him as well.

I'd like to point out that Hendricks still would have won under Pride rules because he finished strongest.

If Hendricks had of won the first 3 rounds and lost the last two, then he would have lost under Pride rules. But that's not what happened.

Hey...could have been an all night sexathon with the lady. How am I to know? :icon_lol:

Heh, unfortunately no. We just had a kid recently and the doc said we couldn't do it for at least two months.

I got some head dat night doe ;)

Back