Robbie Lawler: If they scored damage, I'd be champion

Maybe he would have won if it was PRIDE rules/judging or whatever, but that last round costed him the fight from what I remember. At least if you're scoring the fight by the 10 point must system.

Robbie clearly won on damage. Hendricks won via point-fighting lay and pray

When Hendricks was hurt, he didn't go for the kill. You missed your chance homie.

I love how vocal he's getting. One of those guys who always had the ability to back up.

Lawler did cause the most over all damage in the fight but unfortunately for him they were done in the 3rd and 4th round. That 5th round is were he needed to turn it up because it was 2 rounds a piece at that point but he let Hendricks take control again that round and it cost him the fight.

Lawler did cause the most over all damage in the fight but unfortunately for him they were done in the 3nd and 4rd round. That 5th round is were he needed to turn it up but he let Hendricks take control again that round and it cost him the fight.

These are pretty much my thoughts on the fight. He might have won if they scored the fight as a whole, but he lost on rounds.

As much as I wanted Robbie to win that fight, the judges absolutely made the right decision. If only he had more left in the tank in that last round. Robbie might have done more damage overall but I didn't think there was a huge difference in that regard.

Robbie speaks the truth. He definitely did more damage, but scoring the fight round by round, Hendricks won. Hendricks pretty clearly won rounds 1,2, and 5 while Lawler won 3 and 4. It'd be hard to make the case for any of those rounds being 10-8.

funny how lawler says what hendricks was saying about the GSP fight.

funny how lawler says what hendricks was saying about the GSP fight.

The difference is johny won that 1st round against GSP I think anyways it was close but each round of johny and Lawler was clear cut

if MMA was scored on damage, the blanket wrestlers will all be out of jobs in the UFC.

The fight was easy to score, similar to Jones Gus in that the challenger did more damage and won 2 rounds but in title fights that just doesn't quite cut it

All this shit your bitching about Robbie and guess what? Hendricks still has the belt and you can't change that by bitching about decision in a close fucking fight.

Too bad they don't, and I'm glad they don't too.

I am not a big Hendrix fan and a huge Lawler fan. But lets be real. It was anyone's fight going into the last round. Hendrix took Robbie's shots and came back even harder. He had Robbie hurt in the 5th when most guys would have been laid out from the punches Lawler threw. That fight was not the most technical but it was a blood and guts war and Hendrix dug deep that last round. I can't take anything from him. Just when I thought Robbie was pulling away Hendrix found an extra gear for the last 3 minutes. That night anyway, Hendrix was the better man in a really close fight

Back