Robbie is lucky he didn't fight Woodley again

Martialbeef

Silver Belt
@Silver
Reaction score
If TWood vs Lawler II went ahead and wasn't cancelled, would Tyron have took Robbies head clean off again? I feel like Robbie was there to be hit. He showed he isn't a title contender anymore so it's probably a good thing he didn't fight Woodley.

Then again, Tyron is also coming off an embarrassing title loss v Usman so maybe he shows up different.

How does that one go?

Woodley would probably koed him even worse.

Interested to see who Woodley is matched up with and how he fights. We will see if he is motivated or done.
If he wasn’t motivated he wouldn’t have switched gyms and went to tristar.

If TWood vs Lawler II went ahead and wasn't cancelled, would Tyron have took Robbies head clean off again? I feel like Robbie was there to be hit. He showed he isn't a title contender anymore so it's probably a good thing he didn't fight Woodley.

Then again, Tyron is also coming off an embarrassing title loss v Usman so maybe he shows up different.

How does that one go?
It would habe been a different fight than colby vs Lawler.

Woodley could never fight the way Colby fights because his gas tank would be empty by round 3

Lawler would have had a much better chance of beating Woodley since he doesn't really wrestle anymore and never really clinched much; It would be a striking match.

Last edited:
Lawler would have had a much better chance of beating Woodley since he doesn't really wrestle anymore and never really clinched much; It would be a striking match.
As above poster said he is with Tristar right now so you have to imagine he would use his wrestling more.

Woodley crushes Lawler in a striking match

Lawler stood there like a bobblehead and ate about 200 shots from Colby on the feet

1 or 2 from Woodley and he would've dieded

As above poster said he is with Tristar right now so you have to imagine he would use his wrestling more.

It's been a very long time since Woodley used his wrestling. I didn't know he moved to Tristar but I imagine he might jab a lot more and use takedowns more in the future but I wouldn't count on the latter since he hasn't regularly used his wrestling in like 10 years.

Woodley crushes Lawler in a striking match

Lawler stood there like a bobblehead and ate about 200 shots from Colby on the feet

1 or 2 from Woodley and he would've dieded

Lawler can put people out with 1-2 shots too and their first fight didn't really show anything other than Woodley has the power to KO Lawler. It's not like it was a long fight where a lot of skills were shown in various areas of MMA.

Lawler can put people out with 1-2 shots too and their first fight didn't really show anything other than Woodley has the power to KO Lawler. It's not like it was a long fight where a lot of skills were shown in various areas of the game.
Haha not a chance

Lawler couldn't even drop Cowboy

Lawler's power is overrated....it's nowhere near Woodley's.

Lawler's last KO with his hands were all the way back in 2010 when he slept a washed up Lindland

Haha not a chance

Lawler couldn't even drop Cowboy

Lawler's power is overrated....it's nowhere near Woodley's.

Lawler's last KO with his hands were all the way back in 2010 when he slept a washed up Lindland

Woodley's chin is probably no where near Lawler's and who said I was only talking about his punching power? I would favor Woodley but it's a way more winnable style match up than someone like Colby who has endless cardio at WW especially compared to Woodley and doesn't give people space to strike. Style match ups matter.

Longer dominant performances say more than quick finishes, just look at JDS vs Cain for example.

Interested to see who Woodley is matched up with and how he fights. We will see if he is motivated or done.
I am not sure he'll even fight. I would expect the UFC to low ball him and they are not able to come to terms on a fight unless Tyron is desperate. Maybe if they need a fight in his hometown or something. But otherwise, I think hes in the camp of like Jon Fitch who thinks he is worth more than the UFC wants to pay.

Woodley's chin is probably no where near Lawler's and who said I was only talking about his punching power? I would favor Woodley but it's a way more winnable style match up than someone like Colby who has endless cardio at WW especially compared to Woodley and doesn't give people space to strike. Style match ups matter.

Longer dominant performances say more than quick finishes, just look at JDS vs Cain for example.
Woodley's chin is way better

Only time Woodley has been rocked or KO'd was against Marquardt

Robbie got put to sleep by Nick Diaz lmao

Woodley's chin is way better

Only time Woodley has been rocked or KO'd was against Marquardt

Robbie got put to sleep by Nick Diaz lmao

It's hard to say really, Woodley's chin never got tested by a big puncher other than Marquardt. Nick Diaz is one of the only fighters to ever KO Lawler, Daley and a bunch of other guys, his finishing ability is great, you should watch MMA more.

Back