Robbie got the ultimate revenge and I loved it

DoctorDeelon

Brown Belt
@Brown
Reaction score
Both guys are way passed their primes, so if Robbie just got a regular KO/TKO or decision, I don't think it means anything.

But the fact that he made Nick Diaz QUIT like that, knocking him down on his ass and making him tell the ref "NO MAS"... that's the sweetest revenge of all and means a ton. This isn't a washed up guy losing... he BROKE Nick Diaz's will and spirit. He took his heart right out of his chest.

And to be honest, I loved it. The Diaz brothers have gotten away with questionable behaviour forever because people say it's just what they do. If any other fighter was fighting guys outside the ring, in hospitals when they were hooked up to IVs, double teaming them with their brother or friends, we'd say they were scumbags. But the Diaz brothers always got a pass for some reason.

For that reason I always rooted against the Diaz brothers and took pleasure in them losing, but that was probably the best one to watch to see him quit like that.

aryI7VI.gif

Nick was there to simply collect a paycheck. It was obvious before the fight, at the weigh in, during the interviews, and during the fight.
The worst shape ive seen him in, i know hes older but his durability and endurance always been his best attributes

I was a pretty big Lawler fan. Still am, but OP is a bit of a hater. Diaz gonna Diaz. Gotta feel sorry for Nick he is getting taken advantage of and his brain is literally fried from Alcohol, pot, and lord knows what else. He also has CTE. He's been at odds with himself and to see a grown man step in the cage when he really doesn't want to is sad nothing is satisfying about watching someone lose that never wanted to be there in the first place.

I wouldn’t even call this fight a rematch.

When was their first fight, 40 years ago?

And Robbie kept doing the dumb defensive strategy that gets him hit a million times a fight and Nick worked him at different times of the fight STILL, WTF

Both guys are way passed their primes, so if Robbie just got a regular KO/TKO or decision, I don't think it means anything.

But the fact that he made Nick Diaz QUIT like that, knocking him down on his ass and making him tell the ref "NO MAS"... that's the sweetest revenge of all and means a ton. This isn't a washed up guy losing... he BROKE Nick Diaz's will and spirit. He took his heart right out of his chest.

And to be honest, I loved it. The Diaz brothers have gotten away with questionable behaviour forever because people say it's just what they do. If any other fighter was fighting guys outside the ring, in hospitals when they were hooked up to IVs, double teaming them with their brother or friends, we'd say they were scumbags. But the Diaz brothers always got a pass for some reason.

For that reason I always rooted against the Diaz brothers and took pleasure in them losing, but that was probably the best one to watch to see him quit like that.

The Diaz brothers have gotten away with questionable behaviour forever because people say it's just what they do. If any other fighter was fighting guys outside the ring, in hospitals when they were hooked up to IVs, double teaming them with their brother or friends, we'd say they were scumbags. But the Diaz brothers always got a pass
One other fighter has made a living doing all the things above, his name is McGregor! A REAL scumbag!

Part of me envies TS' passion, the other part says "grow up TS".

Glad you had fun TS. Was a good event overall

Lawler is older and was 1-5.... but he didn't sit around like Nick not fighting and drinking.

If I had to fight myself or someone on my level NOW.... from 17 years ago I'd get my shit pushed in. Diaz wasted what could have been some fun years.... Lawler got to be champ and give us one of the best just bleed moments in UFC history.

I don't want to see Nick fight even though he will do it one more time. He should have married Ronda lol

Beating a 38 year old Nick Diaz isn’t that much of an accomplishment, Robbie has been getting annihilated by the legitimate fighters in his division

Back