Robbery

Neither did effective damage honestly but Lewis not being able to stand and barely able to breath suggests more damage.
it could suggest bad cardio too. which has no bearing on scoring

You and Dominick Cruz need to learn to score fights. Lewis clearly won the 3rd. For all the shit the judges get, analysts need to be held equally accountable.

Landed 1 uppercut,and an elbow.Thats winning? Lol. He got controlled for 3 rounds.

Black beast won for sure. His aggression alone showed he wanted to win more than Larifi. So what he got taken down and what? Latifi did nothing other than some weak punches to the body. Right fighter won.
for sure?

meh, "for sure" is pushing it. he won, but he coulda lost. either way works. anyone stating concretely either guy won is being a bit silly.

How the fuck did Latifi win round 3 with a takedown and meaningless ground and pound, when he took big shots on the feet? The shots Lewis landed on the feet (elbows, knees, kicks, punches) are worth far more than his takedown and meaningless ground and pound. It's amazing how some people are still naive enough to think takedown = instantly win a round.

no one actually cares

I'd rather see lewis fight stiffer competition

Latifi was soundly outstruck. Clear win for Black Beast.

No this wasn't a close fight that could have gone either way - Latifi got screwed. He clearly won rounds 2 and 3
giphy.gif

he gave it away flopping and flailing around.

Landed 1 uppercut,and an elbow.Thats winning? Lol. He got controlled for 3 rounds.
this isnt i wrestling match. The purpose of control is to get a fighter in a better position to land offense. Latifi did not. Lewis clearly landed the better offense in 1 and 3. The rules dictate, as they should, that Lewis wins.

i dont think ppl understand the new scoring system. please, read it guys. either guy coulda won. no robbery, no "def won", just a fight that coulda gone either way due to the new stupid ass scoring system that allows judges to score basically however they want. its written in the system.

I had Lewis, but it was close. Round 3 hard to score, but Lewis did more damage.

You and Dominick Cruz need to learn to score fights. Lewis clearly won the 3rd. For all the shit the judges get, analysts need to be held equally accountable.

Dude even Lewis was shaking his head before the robbery was announced. He didn't think he won

Honestly the Andrea Lee losing to Lauren Murphy decision was worse than this one. Lewis had a nice flurry in the last 2 minutes of the 3rd round. if you're judging by who's bringing the fight vs who's prolonging the fight while not doing much in a dominant position, you can give it to Lewis. Takedowns are overrated when you barely do anything with them.

I actually hate the approach that Latifi used here. At no point was he ever looking to take a risk and finish the bout, so I'm quite glad he wasn't rewarded with a victory.

That said, in light of the rules, the fact that he didn't win is ridiculous.

At best, a draw, if you can somehow
How was it a roberry?? Latifi did nothing with those td did nothing on the feet while black beast threw and connected high kicks , flying knees, elbows in the clinch, and fi ished the fight swangin and bangin. Lewis 2-1

He secured those takedowns, and those should factor more than strikes. Either way, was a pretty boring ass fight. Should have been a draw, or edged to Latifi.

i'm glad they are rewarding the guy actually trying to finish the fight. Latifi had more takedowns and pinned Lewis against the cage quite a bit, but did 0 damage the entire fight

i had rd 1 Lewis, rd 2 Latifi, rd 3 whoever - Latifi had the takedowns, again that he did nothing with while Lewis landed some bombs

this isnt i wrestling match. The purpose of control is to get a fighter in a better position to land offense. Latifi did not. Lewis clearly landed the better offense in 1 and 3. The rules dictate, as they should, that Lewis wins.
This isnt a striking match.Grappling and octagon control is big part of scoring.Its MMA.

I had Lewis 1 & 3.

clinging on of dear life shouldn’t be a rewarded tactic. Lewis did more in value in the last 60 seconds of the round than latifi’s first 4mins.

Dude even Lewis was shaking his head before the robbery was announced. He didn't think he won
Because like you, he doesn't understand how MMA fights are scored, or should be scored. He got outwrestled and he knew it. But luckily for him (and us) this is a fight, not a wrestling match.

Back