Robb Wolf on T Nation

Good stuff.

I don't follow him that closely, so I didn't know that new book was coming out. It'll find its way onto the shelves at home :)

you son of a gun! I was just going to post that and I despise some of the things t-nation promotes like their Anaconda protocol which is garbage. Robb Wolfe is awesome though

I forgot his book was due out so soon . Can't wait.

"Anthropological evidence suggests that pre-historic man was bigger, stronger, leaner, and a lot less diseased, despite being forced to survive without prescription meds, Obamacare, or high speed internet"

But today's humans live way longer than then. Not saying the article is bad, didn't read all yet.

Good stuff.

I don't follow him that closely, so I didn't know that new book was coming out. It'll find its way onto the shelves at home :)

The Paleolithic Solution releases September 14. Gary Taubes also has a new book, 'Why We Get Fat: And What to Do About It', coming out December 28.

Loren Cordain also has two books coming out December 13 I believe. A heavily revised and updated 'The Paleo Diet' and a new cookbook.

Paleo Solution Video Introduction to the book

The Paleolithic Solution releases September 14. Gary Taubes also has a new book, 'Why We Get Fat: And What to Do About It', coming out December 28.

Loren Cordain also has two books coming out December 13 I believe. A heavily revised and updated 'The Paleo Diet' and a new cookbook.

Cool, I've read some Cordain but not Taubes, unless I was unwittingly perusing some of his stuff at one time or another. My amazon wish list is swelling.

Some of the stuff said in that article and interview give me lulz.

That's good to hear. Cordain needs to put out a revised and updated book. His book The Paleo Diet for Athletes was pretty much his original version of the paleo diet with endurance bars and gels added before, during and after endurance workouts.

"Anthropological evidence suggests that pre-historic man was bigger, stronger, leaner, and a lot less diseased, despite being forced to survive without prescription meds, Obamacare, or high speed internet. So diet-wise, they must have been doing something right."

Excellent cause and effect analysis.

"Our genome, the genetics that make us who we are, evolved over a two to five million-year period as hunter-gatherers. It's now understood that departures in nutrition and lifestyle away from the hunter-gatherer life increases our likelihood for diseases such as cancer, diabetes, neurological degeneration, and autoimmune disorders."

Maybe we should also run around with loin cloths.

"Bigger, stronger, and healthier; what's not to like?"

My wallet won't like it.

And so on. I actually liked the interview questions.

Yeah I wish they'd lay off attaching the principles to anthropological vagary and stick to the physiological stuff exclusively, but it catches peoples attention and they do want to sell books.

Yeah I wish they'd lay off attaching the principles to anthropological vagary and stick to the physiological stuff exclusively, but it catches peoples attention and they do want to sell books.

The overall interview and tone was just funny to me. It definitely came off with a big sales pitch and you could tell it was intentionally controversial to create a buzz. Some of the justifications are just ridiculous.

The overall interview and tone was just funny to me. It definitely came off with a big sales pitch and you could tell it was intentionally controversial to create a buzz. Some of the justifications are just ridiculous.

And unless you (generalized) have had enough of the sciences in the higher ed realm you wouldn't understand thorough explanations from a biochemist. It's called speaking to your audience. I'm sure if you wanted a technically laden piece from him you could find it.

Oblivian, have you listened to Wolf's podcast ever? The T-Nation interview was, naturally, very surface-level stuff, and obviously meant to coincide with his upcoming book release. I would encourage you to listen to three or four of Wolf's podcasts before you judge him.

In fact, I would encourage everyone to do so, if only to demystify Paleo and encourage level-headed discussion about such topics.

Let me just clarify that I'm not saying that he's not knowledgeable, that he's wrong, or that he's full of shit. That interview read very contrived to me. Like I said, the tone and the back and forth seemed really odd.

Edit: Shit, just go down the side looking at the photos and reading the captions. Tell me that doesn't bring you lulz.

^As far as the tone, that's just par for the course for T-Nation interviews. And yeah, I could do without the sidebars...taking a dumbed-down interview and distilling it to a few pictures and one liners...*sigh*.

I just posted it because for the benefit of people who made not have heard of Wolf or his stuff.

Seriously, though, I think y'all would enjoy listening to a few of podcasts. I listen to them when I walk my dog. Pick any 3 or 4 from the past 10 weeks or so. Not saying anyone who listens to him will be a hardcore Paleo convert--I still eat oats and PB, right? :)--but I think it is great for perspective and general nutrition education.

Mad lulz at the sidebar pics.

*picture of roided up, non-paleo bodybuilder* "Paleo makes you bigger, stronger, leaner and healthier!"

*picture of model in post apocalyptic setting* "Paleo diets are a favorite among many female physique models, including survivalist types!"

tbh grains have always made me feel like shit but ive never thought anything of it till now.

Let me just clarify that I'm not saying that he's not knowledgeable, that he's wrong, or that he's full of shit. That interview read very contrived to me. Like I said, the tone and the back and forth seemed really odd.

Edit: Shit, just go down the side looking at the photos and reading the captions. Tell me that doesn't bring you lulz.

Ah yeah ... most definitely. I just assumed that was done by the fine folks at tnation.

Back