Rob is 14-1 in his last 15 fights (the one loss to Izzy)

"It was very close until he got dropped and saved by the bell. But otherwise, very close!"

<{cruzshake}>

The Israel/Jan fight interests me a lot more. Rob does deserve a rematch though.

Round One was very close......He got caught but doesnt mean He doesn't deserve a rematch. If Izzy ever come back to MW Rob should be first in line to get the title fight.
I'm Whittakers biggest fan and flew 5 hours to watch him fight before,

But he needs to upskill and change his gameplan against Izzy, he was never in that fight and was a step behind at all times.
I know his plan was to not let Izzy get settled and to be ultra aggressive, but all he ended up doing was over extended on all his punches, giving Izzy the super easy counter. He needs to get inside, Gastelum laid out the blueprint.

I think Izzy going up to LHW is the best thing that could happen for Rob as he will have a good amount of time to improve, as he's still only 29.
But in a rematch now or in 6 months?

No chance

Give Rob a year to work on takedowns or getting inside. Or we all know how it goes,

leg kick, circle, leg kick, circle, other fighter rushes in as leg is getting damaged, tko win izzy

He is number 1, but is taking time off for maternity leave. He wants to return somewhere near March. Who knows what’s going to happen. Adesanya is moving up. Maybe he’ll vacate one belt if he wins. But, Whittaker is number 1. Everybody knows this. Whether he wins or not doesn’t play into his ranking or whether he deserves it or not.

But but but I heard on SherDog that Rob was done!

I'm Whittakers biggest fan and flew 5 hours to watch him fight before,

But he needs to upskill and change his gameplan against Izzy, he was never in that fight and was a step behind at all times.
I know his plan was to not let Izzy get settled and to be ultra aggressive, but all he ended up doing was over extended on all his punches, giving Izzy the super easy counter. He needs to get inside, Gastelum laid out the blueprint.

I think Izzy going up to LHW is the best thing that could happen for Rob as he will have a good amount of time to improve, as he's still only 29.
But in a rematch now or in 6 months?

No chance

Give Rob a year to work on takedowns or getting inside. Or we all know how it goes,

leg kick, circle, leg kick, circle, other fighter rushes in as leg is getting damaged, tko win izzy
I agree.
However, I think his jab - jab - takedown strategy can work for him v Izzy, and I wouldn't be surprised if it worked in 6 months. I would be happier if he took a year fighting other people, but I don't think he will.

He should fight Khazmat for the interum title.

Round One was very close......He got caught but doesnt mean He doesn't deserve a rematch. If Izzy ever come back to MW Rob should be first in line to get the title fight.
How was round one close when he got saved by the bell

He easily deserves a 2nd crack at it.
Jared Cannonier would have got a shot with the victory.
but a former champ does not?
Thats straight BULLSHIT RIGHT THERE.

First time DANA WHITE pissed me RIGHT OFF
BULLSHIT.
HE NEVER SAID HE DIDNT WANT THE FIGHT.
He SAID IZZY IS GOOD.
THE GUY GOT SHIT ON FOR BEING HONEST.
BE HONEST AND GET SHIT THROWN IN YOUR FACE.
4leird.jpg

Last edited:
Honestly at this point I think there needs to be a stand out contender at MW before that's where I want to see Izzy personally. I think he's cleared out that division at this point of anyone that was the top of the food chain, and not just the next guy down the ladder. LHW Title fight and maybe a fight with Jones is the only thing from a fan stand point that interests me. He's just to far ahead of the MW division right now.

Rob is like rich franklin. He's not getting that belt back with Izzy (Anderson Silva) as champ in the MW division.

Dana said Rob refused the rematch so most likely Rob asked for it and Dana refused..

Back