Rob Font offers to fight Sandhagen

fortheo

Plutonium Belt
@plutonium
Reaction score
With Frankie fighting KZ on short notice, it's very unlikely that he'll be able to make a quick turn around and face sandhagen in January. Font offers to take Frankie's spot and fight Sandhagen.

Thoughts on this fight? I like it a lot, but I think sandhagen will avoid it. High risk and low reward.

Last edited:
I Font think it's a bad idea

Font didnt look great against that mullet guy. It was a decent fight but you're never going to be champ if you not smashing guys like mr mullet

I fixed the typo Bros <45>

A step down for Sandhagen but sure why not

Font will likely be around 7th or 8th next week, so it's not an outrageous match up, but yeah, I doubt Sandhagen will be interested.

Stylistically, I think it's a great match up though.

Last edited:
Font didnt look great against that mullet guy. It was a decent fight but you're never going to be champ if you not smashing guys like mr mullet

Harsh, bro. Simon, up until his loss to Faber, was being considered as a top prospect.

Harsh, bro. Simon, up until his loss to Faber, was being considered as a top prospect.

Also, on paper Simon represents a style that Font has always struggled with. The fact that Font was able to largely shut down Simon's grappling should be looked at very positively in regards to his evolution as a fighter.

Font was a good bet last night, he's very good to be honest. Sandhagen, rightfully, will expect a bigger name though - I think Cory will get removed from the card because there's nobody 'bigger' than his last opponent available, unless Sterling wants to dance? I suspect Sterling is fighting Cejudo though.

Font's stock went up and he's got a solid UFC resume at this point. I like this matchup.

Yan is fighting Faber next week. Aljo is injured. Marlon is fighting Aldo. He's already beaten Assuncao. Rivera is on a losing streak.

Not a lot of options and its a really fun fight.

Presumably both Yan and Faber are going to demand a title shot with a win, which lines up with Henry's return.

With Frankie fighting KZ on short notice, it's very unlikely that he'll be able to make a quick turn around and face sandhagen in January. Font offers to take Frankie's spot and fight Sandhagen.

Thoughts on this fight? I like it a lot, but I think sandhagen will avoid it. High risk and low reward.

It would be a great fight but sandhagen has earned a better shot at this point

Simon was on his way to a title shot hadn’t the idea. Gifted Faber a crack at him

Back