Roast Battle

NHB7

Steel Belt
@Steel
Reaction score
My wife and I always really enjoy comedy central roasts, so we just decided to check out Roast Battle.

It started off so promising. Great host, funny judges, decent competitors. The first jokes were exchanged and they were pretty good and I felt we had a new show to enjoy. Then all the sudden the show started blasting disc jockey noises after every joke and even worse three terrible modern day mimes jump on the stage every two to three jokes and do stupid little skits.

If this piece of shit show gets a second season, they better drop these moron mimes or else be cast to HELL!

Anyone else see it?

Last edited:
I've never seen it but I laughed at your description of how fucked up it sounds.

Maybe it's produced by this guy:

sounds fucking terrible but agree, your description of it is no doubt better than the actual show.

At only 4 shows long, it didnt feel like the champion is the champion. Instead of it being a competition, maybe next season can be more like Wild n' Out where they just roast eachother for the fun of it. And the wave has gotta go.

Just watched the finale. Those three dudes doing little skits in between every joke was annoying as hell.

jeff ross is trying way to hard. Should just do 1 roast every year... The Charlie Sheen and Bieber ones were decent. .. I can't really stand Chesilnick and Amy Schumer though.

OH SHIT HE CALLED HIS WIFE HIS "WIDE"

That's Cold

You're gonna be in so much trouble.

I caught a few minutes of it the other day, thought it was pretty meh. Roasts in general are a setup for failure imo, unless you have top shelf comedians and experienced writers, they tend to be pretty shitty.

The comedy club that I do open mics at does Roasts from time to time and they are almost always really shitty.

Haven't seen or heard of this but they're undoubtedly going to ruin it all.

I think it's hilarious. And I'm seriously crushing on that Sarah Tiana chick. As someone who loves to roast people, it's hard as hell sometimes. Not only does the joke have to be right, but the delivery and tone of voice. Watching this show you see how hard it can be. Those are all veterans in the comedy game, and even they mess up when put on the spot.

I think it's hilarious. And I'm seriously crushing on that Sarah Tiana chick. As someone who loves to roast people, it's hard as hell sometimes. Not only does the joke have to be right, but the delivery and tone of voice. Watching this show you see how hard it can be. Those are all veterans in the comedy game, and even they mess up when put on the spot.

But the Wave!! Admit it, you didn't laugh or even giggle once at their Mime antics.

Heck, Kevin Hart even said at the end of the first episode, "I don't know what it says in your contract but what the hell was that?"

But the Wave!! Admit it, you didn't laugh or even giggle once at their Mime antics.

Heck, Kevin Hart even said at the end of the first episode, "I don't know what it says in your contract but what the hell was that?"
you're right about that. Those dudes are super annoying, and in my opinion get in the way of what the comedians are trying to do.

Those shitty wave guys were only funny when the roasters would shit on them after they got off the stage

One of the most brutal roasts I have seen was Sal roasting Artie Lange

I actually thought this thread was going to try to start a roast battle among Sherdoggers.

This show disturbs me with the guys clearly having mental melt-downs running on the stage & spazzing for no apparent reason during the sets.

I don't think i've ever seen anyone get SO raped by words than Mike Lawrence vs Ralphie May...bah gawd it was a glorious blood bath :D
Especially for someone who's anti-Ralphie...

It's on CC.com if you're interested.

Back