Roar (1981)

Jan De Bonts injury:

jandebontroar-396x500.jpg

Where they hell on earth do they have Lions AND Tigers AND Jaguars? And to have that many male lions hanging out together? Something's suspicious here. He must have had some of those animals brought in from other areas.

Where they hell on earth do they have Lions AND Tigers AND Jaguars? And to have that many male lions hanging out together? Something's suspicious here. He must have had some of those animals brought in from other areas.

Pretty sure there were leopards too. And that's not including the elephants, which seemed just as dangerous.

How the fuck did they get a black guy to act in this??? LOL

They didn't. He was added with CGI in post. No black actor appeared in any movies until Black Panther (2018).

Has anybody seen this movie with Melanie Griffith and Tippi Hedren (The Birds)?

Apparently Hedren and her husband at the time Noel Marshall were super into lions, to the point where they had a lion living with them and their children. Here's a picture of Melanie Griffith in their back yard at the time.

roar.jpg

So this crazy mother fucker Noel Marshall goes to Africa on a plot of land with like 50 wild, untrained great cats of all kinds - lions, tigers, jaguars, oh my - and then brings his fucking family there to live day in and day out with these wild UNTRAINED lions and tigers and shit, and just film some loose barely scripted story about reconciling the marriage, all while they're all being chased and mauled by these fucking lions.

The director of photography was Jan de Bont (Speed / Twister) and he got scalped by a lion. Melanie Griffith got mauled and almost lost her eye. There were 70 injuries to the cast and crew from attacks and maulings by lions and tigers but they kept filming this fucking thing for about five years.

This Noel Marshall guy was fucking insane. It was like watching Timothy Treadwell. The whole movie he is either bleeding from some minor wound or bandaged. Two lions are fighting and he jumps in and pulls one away, trying to pass himself off as a father figure to the cats in his movie.

It's the most insane thing ever filmed. This retard almost got his whole family eaten by lions and Tippi Hedren went along with it.

There is no story to this stupid movie but it's still hard to look away because any minute Melanie Griffith might get eaten by giant cats.

I have never heard of that. That is insane. It sounds like something out of Faces of Death. I think I will check it out. It looks like it is free on You Tube...

I understand admiring animals like lions and bears. I just don't know why random people suddenly take it upon themselves to risk everything to prove that these animals are gentle.
Sometimes it is best to "admire" them by leaving them alone.

Has anybody seen this movie with Melanie Griffith and Tippi Hedren (The Birds)?

Apparently Hedren and her husband at the time Noel Marshall were super into lions, to the point where they had a lion living with them and their children. Here's a picture of Melanie Griffith in their back yard at the time.

roar.jpg

So this crazy mother fucker Noel Marshall goes to Africa on a plot of land with like 50 wild, untrained great cats of all kinds - lions, tigers, jaguars, oh my - and then brings his fucking family there to live day in and day out with these wild UNTRAINED lions and tigers and shit, and just film some loose barely scripted story about reconciling the marriage, all while they're all being chased and mauled by these fucking lions.

The director of photography was Jan de Bont (Speed / Twister) and he got scalped by a lion. Melanie Griffith got mauled and almost lost her eye. There were 70 injuries to the cast and crew from attacks and maulings by lions and tigers but they kept filming this fucking thing for about five years.

This Noel Marshall guy was fucking insane. It was like watching Timothy Treadwell. The whole movie he is either bleeding from some minor wound or bandaged. Two lions are fighting and he jumps in and pulls one away, trying to pass himself off as a father figure to the cats in his movie.

It's the most insane thing ever filmed. This retard almost got his whole family eaten by lions and Tippi Hedren went along with it.

There is no story to this stupid movie but it's still hard to look away because any minute Melanie Griffith might get eaten by giant cats.
Watched it. It's an absolute miracle that no one died. I can't believe Tippi Hedren was flailing around on the head of a wild elephant and did not get speared then trampled (among so many other death defying feats). There wasn't much to the plot, but I would be lying if I said I wasn't entertained by the sheer horror of it. I just can't fathom who would sign up for that shit. No job in Hollywood would be worth that kind of risk.

If the experiment was to see if different big cats could coexist in a single "pride," then why were there so many males? That was a lot of testosterone.

lol. Here's a real question for you- what would you do if you had a cat, and it dropped birds or squirrels that weren't quite dead at your feet? After he just walks away, and the poor half dead thing is squirming at your feet?

After you answer, I will tell you how I went about it
My cat does this all the time, I usually manage to get the animal out of the house alive Chipmunks, birds , bunnies....

Is that the movie with the barbarian taming a bunch of animals to fight for him? I get those 80s neanderthal barbarian films mixed up

I understand admiring animals like lions and bears. I just don't know why random people suddenly take it upon themselves to risk everything to prove that these animals are gentle.

It’s insane. Go on YouTube, there’s tons of goofs that have these big cats and they just hang out with them and turn their back yards into petting zoos and shit. Many states in the US have no laws in place preventing people from owning them (wtf lol?)

Back