Roar (1981)

been looking to get this on dvd,but you can't get it here.

roar+bed.jpg

What could possibly go wrong?

I love all the clips I have seen. I have to watch the whole film, just seems incredible to me that Noel literally jumps in between two full grown male lions in a fucking fight to the death.

When I was a teen we were poor as hell living in a duplex in the hood. We had this cat, (bam bam) that was a dog fighting squirrel eating alley cat from hell. (When I said we "had" him, I meant that in a "he let us feed him and slept in our house a couple days a week" way)

Anyways, one day I was walking up to the front of the duplex and saw bam bam sitting on the side of the duplex. For reasons I never could figure out, I thought I would sneak up on him without him knowing it, testing my ninja skills or something. After a 15 minute effort to travel from where I was to being right behind him, undetected - like an idiot I decided to reach out and grab his back, and make some sort of arrgh sound.

What he replied with was an equal mix of beautiful acrobatics and extreme violence, all over my stupid ass hand. Faster than i can pull my hand back, (about one second time) he popped upside down and backwards, clawed my hand 3 times, bit twice, clawed 2 more times, all while hissing and growling, then took off. So fast that I just crouched there, with my hand extended, while he took off down the alley. Then I watched as the cuts and puncture marks started bleeding. I felt so shocked (and dumb) I didn't say shit to anyone, just kind of cleaned up my hand and threw on some band aids.

After watching this trailer - wow. I imagine a cat that is about as fast as bam bam, but weighs 1000 pounds, with teeth and claws 20 times the size. UnBELIEVABLE no one fucking died. If my cat swiped a paw at me, would have a small scratch that itched. A bite, some puncture wound. Those beasts? That family of overcooked hot dogs (humans) probably received that list of injuries from those cats"playing" with them.

Sounds like your cat was trained by Tommy Lee Jones.

Lmfao, exactly. I dont think it was possible for that cat to cause more physical damage to my hand in such a short amount of time. I couldn't even be mad, first and foremost because of my stupidity, but because I was so impressed at his accuracy after being totally surprised, then flipping upside down and backwards a split second before all of that violence. I was all wow then ow. I swear about a week later he brought a still dying squirrel and put it on the porch 5 feet from me. He probably decided I was some slow useless creature that would die without his help.

Lmfao, exactly. I dont think it was possible for that cat to cause more physical damage to my hand in such a short amount of time. I couldn't even be mad, first and foremost because of my stupidity, but because I was so impressed at his accuracy after being totally surprised, then flipping upside down and backwards a split second before all of that violence. I was all wow then ow. I swear about a week later he brought a still dying squirrel and put it on the porch 5 feet from me. He probably decided I was some slow useless creature that would die without his help.

That or it was a warning.

That or it was a warning.

lol. Here's a real question for you- what would you do if you had a cat, and it dropped birds or squirrels that weren't quite dead at your feet? After he just walks away, and the poor half dead thing is squirming at your feet?

After you answer, I will tell you how I went about it

How no one died during this is utterly astounding. I mean I've read comments from zoologists who've said things like being in a confined space with a tiger is virtually a guaranteed attack/highly likely kill.

lol. Here's a real question for you- what would you do if you had a cat, and it dropped birds or squirrels that weren't quite dead at your feet? After he just walks away, and the poor half dead thing is squirming at your feet?

After you answer, I will tell you how I went about it

It sounds fucked up, but I guess if I could I would get a piece of string and garrotte it? I'm guessing it would pass out after a few seconds like it was in a RNC and then go out of its misery without making a mess.

It sounds fucked up, but I guess if I could I would get a piece of string and garrotte it? I'm guessing it would pass out after a few seconds like it was in a RNC and then go out of its misery without making a mess.

It WAS fucked up. I'm not a hater of any animals, so it was such a ugh situation. To toss it away was to ensure its suffering out of site. To kill it, was ultimately helping it, but fucked up too.

I had a funny thought ironically with your method though- I know you are a movie buff so maybe you will get a chuckle.

With your method, would you choke it standing behind it, and tell it not to look at you- like puppet when he killed his little brother on American me? Why am laughing at myself typing this lol

It WAS fucked up. I'm not a hater of any animals, so it was such a ugh situation. To toss it away was to ensure its suffering out of site. To kill it, was ultimately helping it, but fucked up too.

I had a funny thought ironically with your method though- I know you are a movie buff so maybe you will get a chuckle.

With your method, would you choke it standing behind it, and tell it not to look at you- like puppet when he killed his little brother on American me? Why am laughing at myself typing this lol

I would whisper in its ear... "Michael Corleone says hello."

When I was a teen we were poor as hell living in a duplex in the hood. We had this cat, (bam bam) that was a dog fighting squirrel eating alley cat from hell. (When I said we "had" him, I meant that in a "he let us feed him and slept in our house a couple days a week" way)

Anyways, one day I was walking up to the front of the duplex and saw bam bam sitting on the side of the duplex. For reasons I never could figure out, I thought I would sneak up on him without him knowing it, testing my ninja skills or something. After a 15 minute effort to travel from where I was to being right behind him, undetected - like an idiot I decided to reach out and grab his back, and make some sort of arrgh sound.

What he replied with was an equal mix of beautiful acrobatics and extreme violence, all over my stupid ass hand. Faster than i can pull my hand back, (about one second time) he popped upside down and backwards, clawed my hand 3 times, bit twice, clawed 2 more times, all while hissing and growling, then took off. So fast that I just crouched there, with my hand extended, while he took off down the alley. Then I watched as the cuts and puncture marks started bleeding. I felt so shocked (and dumb) I didn't say shit to anyone, just kind of cleaned up my hand and threw on some band aids.

After watching this trailer - wow. I imagine a cat that is about as fast as bam bam, but weighs 1000 pounds, with teeth and claws 20 times the size. UnBELIEVABLE no one fucking died. If my cat swiped a paw at me, would have a small scratch that itched. A bite, some puncture wound. Those beasts? That family of overcooked hot dogs (humans) probably received that list of injuries from those cats"playing" with them.
It's bloody scary how a little house cat can slice your hand open, but yeah we had 2 cats and I learnt to leave them alone when they were pissed off

It's bloody scary how a little house cat can slice your hand open, but yeah we had 2 cats and I learnt to leave them alone when they were pissed off

I know- if they did the low pitched growl or the fur puffed up, retract your fucking hands or get bled lol.

That's why I brought this up- these people surrounded by 1000 pound cats- SO lucky no one died, like some random miracle. One half a second "swipe bite swipe" from a tiger- 6 broken bones, 183 stitches, two torn tendons.

So what did you end up doing with the squirrel, dawg?

It's fucking lunacy, but you know what? Nobody died. That is actually kind of incredible. Gotta respect it just a bit.

I would whisper in its ear... "Michael Corleone says hello."

No. I will forever imagine the following...

Bisexualmma crept up on the squirrel and threw the piano wire around its neck. The squirrel struggled, eyes bulging, grasping at the wire, and looking over its shoulders at MMA. "Don't look at me ESE, PLEASE..." exclaimed MMA, as he applied more force to the wire. Afterwards, MMA slumped to the ground, looking to the sky, saying "god damn me...."

Man and I thought the movie Buffalo Rider was weird. This is a whole new level.

hqdefault.jpg

guy-on-a-buffalo-o.gif

Buffalo%20Rider%204_zpssuorf2zl.gif

Back