News RoadFC Now Streaming On DAZN

We can hope.

But when your handing out 365 million over 11 fights (probably 5 years or so) for Canelo and 10 events a year from Golden Boy(I'm not sure if that is part of the 365 million or seperate), 100 million wrapped up in Bellator over 3 years, 1 billion dollar deal with Matchroom boxing, and then a lot of other smaller deals. I know a few years back they signed like a 2 billion dollar deal for Japan's J League. I'm sure the rights they have to the NFL, NHL, MLB, and NBA in other countries didn't come cheap either.

Sure, its all supported worldwide but they have to be somewhere around 300 to 500 million a year around the globe in media rights yearly. At 300 million a year for media rights and avg cost of 10 a month they would need at least 40 million subscribers to even have shot in hell of making one cent when you figure in overhead cost. Streaming 8000 events a year cost some major bucks for that bandwidth. Netflix has around 135 million subscribers worldwide(59 million of them in the US). I think DAZN to continue down a path of really being the "netflix" for sports they have to hit a good 75 million subscribers in the next 5 years world wide. Right now it's mainly being supported by investors.

Should be interesting to watch and I for one hope it works out.

P.S.: If they could somehow snake away NFL rights in the US that alone would probably guarantee them worldwide success as somewhere around 65 to 80 million people a week watch the NFL games in the US. I would think a good 50 million would instantly sign up in the US. But good luck competing with networks for that. There is a lot of you rub my back I'll rub yours in that world that goes beyond just broadcasting the game.

Fox paid like $3 Billion dollars just for Thursday Night Football.

DAZN has a solid list of fight promotions under their belt. They are supporting the MMA orgs. financially. Hopefully things work out for them.

They have a library of fights.
Not really. The fight cards are pulled down permanently just seven days after they are streamed live. So you have a relatively short window to watch and then poof they are gone.

DAZN signing Road FC is good for DAZN but isn't really a good thing for fans, especially fans in the U.S.. Their cards used to be free on YouTube in English for everyone live or archived to watch whenever you want, and now they are going to stream on DAZN exclusively for Americans and then probably disappear from the archive after a week. Same thing for FNG & EFC, it's a step backwards for fans really since they also used to be free on YouTube. Now KSW is a value add because you used to have to pay about $12 for the English stream. And Combate Americas because it's the only place to watch the English stream.

DAZN signing Road FC is good for DAZN but isn't really a good thing for fans, especially fans in the U.S.. Their cards used to be free on YouTube in English for everyone live or archived to watch whenever you want, and now they are going to stream on DAZN exclusively for Americans and then probably disappear from the archive after a week. Same thing for FNG & EFC, it's a step backwards for fans really since they also used to be free on YouTube. Now KSW is a value add because you used to have to pay about $12 for the English stream. And Combate Americas because it's the only place to watch the English stream.
I disagree. DAZN is making more people aware that these orgs even exist. And like has already been stated, ROAD will still be free on YouTube and archived. The difference maker is that people who are watching DAZN bc of other things might decide to give ROAD or EFC a shot, people who otherwise never knew these orgs existed at all, and who would never go to their YouTube channels to watch events. Nothing is being taken away from existing fans.

It benefits the orgs themselves, as they're compensated well for signing.

Not sure of the gripe here. Everybody wins.

Damn...DAZN is taking over...

Hoping for a future K1/KRUSH deal...

...and why not add MAX Muay Thai, they stream on youtube too and not pulling big viewers, but it is a very nice overall product they have...

DAZN signing Road FC is good for DAZN but isn't really a good thing for fans, especially fans in the U.S.. Their cards used to be free on YouTube in English for everyone live or archived to watch whenever you want, and now they are going to stream on DAZN exclusively for Americans and then probably disappear from the archive after a week.
Maybe this will lead to better announcers. The ROAD FC team is one of the worst I've ever heard.

You know, I was thinking recently about how, in a way, DAZN is ensuring that some of these shows stick around. Bellator was in the red, I believe FNG was having some money issues too. DAZN is saving some of these orgs from going under and ensuring there are alternatives to the UFC, at least through the durations of their contracts. They're kinda staking a claim in the MMA landscape, and it is pretty crazy to see.

Before this started and Bellator announced their deal everyone was like, "DAZN, da fuck?!?" In a very short time it has become a hub for fight fans and seems to become stronger and more interesting with each passing week. And there are more regional orgs out there that fit the mold and may potentially sign a DAZN deal, RIZIN, Cage Warriors, ACB, DEEP, Pancrase... With the roster they're building quickly and at $10/month, it is almost stupid not to subscribe.

If this whole things sustains itself, it may end up being a huge turning for this sport. They're definitely changing the game.

If DAZN keeps it up we can see a Tourney like Rizin did featuring representatives from all the different orgs.

Dazn wasn't lieng when they said they were trying to be THE combat sports fans destination.

dazn has been the most surprising/best thing for mma/boxing in ages.

i just hope they don't jack up their subscription prices.

If DAZN keeps it up we can see a Tourney like Rizin did featuring representatives from all the different orgs.

Dazn wasn't lieng when they said they were trying to be THE combat sports fans destination.
multi-org tournament? Meh. Pure pipe dream.

Maybe this will lead to better announcers. The ROAD FC team is one of the worst I've ever heard.
It was just Young Kim and Stuart Gooch this team, and I think they did a lot better. Stuart provided a lot more analysis, which used to be Yongjun's job, and he's just not good at it. English too limited, Too loud, too extreme.

It’d be nice if DAZN archived their fights and let you watch them whenever like Fightpass does. I’m sure the price would have to go up for that, but the ability to (re)watch an event from years back is such an added value

multi-org tournament? Meh. Pure pipe dream.

Rizin did it.....and it was awesome

It's completely possible to hold a multi org tourney as long as the UFC isnt involved lol.

Bellator has no problems co promoting and since all these orgs are being paid by DAZN they could do a big tourney streamed on DAZN or whatever.

Back