Reaction score
This card has some banger match ups.

Duarte vs Diniz
Jones vs Hulk
Mikey vs Geo
Viera vs Clay
Nicky vs Dante
Jimenez vs Wiltse

What matches are you most interested in? Who do you have as winners?

Here are my picks.
Duarte
Hulk
Mikey
Clay
Dante by cardio
Jimenez but this is the fight I could see going either way.

As for the fight I'm most excited about its Mikey love see his rapid evolution in the NOGI.

Diniz
Jones
Mikey
Probably clay
Nicky
Jimenez

Hard to pick against Kaynan when he can get as juicy as possible but Diniz is a beast. He also chokes in big matches.
Diniz, final answer. Better wrestler, better cardio.
I actually think Hulk can dominate Jones
Mikey should beat Geo, who isn't anything special under this ruleset imo
Saw Clay in person today, wow is she pretty. Nothing to do with me picking her, because her BJJ is amazing, just like...woah dude.
Dante is better than Nicky everywhere, he'll find a way to heel hooked tho. Hope i'm wrong.
Jiminez has a better sustained pace than Wiltse, I think he wins, but that's the closest matchup i can think

Diniz
Hulk
Mikey
Clay
Nicky (rooting for Dante)
Jiminez

I think Kaynan vs Matheus could go either way, though I lean slightly Kaynan.

Craig has fight ending threats whereas Barbosa doesn't pose that same threat to him in return; however, Lucas has a clear path to victory in the form of getting a score then playing goal-keeper for the rest of regulation.

Musumeci vs Martinez, Mikey's on his way to being an all time great, so hard to bet against him against anyone. Geo has been in the game a long time though, he's got his tricks and has surprised people before (cfr. the Eddie Cummings or Hasim Raida matches).

When Wiltse is on he can tear through guys with a quickness, he's not always consistent though and can make mistakes that cost him. All else being equal I would favor Jiminez, though it's one of those matches where whichever wins, i'd be interested in seeing how they did it against the other.

Last edited:

Craig has fight ending threats whereas Barbosa doesn't pose that same threat to him in return; however, Lucas has a clear path to victory in the form of getting a score then playing goal-keeper for the rest of regulation.

Musumeci vs Martinez, Mikey's on his way to being an all time great, so hard to bet against him against anyone. Geo has been in the game a long time though, he's got his tricks and has surprised people before (cfr. the Eddie Cummings or Hasim Raida matches).

When Wiltse is on he can tear through guys with a quickness, he's not always consistent though and can make mistakes that cost him. All else being equal I would favor Jiminez, though it's one of those matches where whichever wins, i'd be interested in seeing how they did it against the other.

Couldn't agree more. Some interesting matches and the ADCC rules change the dynamic. I just wish Gordon wasn't out so we could have seen the cyborg rematch.

Chokes in big matches? He beat Craig Jones in the ADCC final to win ADCC gold
You mean the only guy who chokes more than Diniz in big matches?
He's lost to Hinger, Spriggs 2x, a shot Leandro.

All great fighters, but Diniz is wayyyy better than his performances show sometimes.

You mean the only guy who chokes more than Diniz in big matches?
He's lost to Hinger, Spriggs 2x, a shot Leandro.

All great fighters, but Diniz is wayyyy better than his performances show sometimes.
Couldn't agree more. That's why it was so satisfying when he finally won ADCC finally some vindication for his skills. It was looking like he was doomed to always a bridesmaid never a bride.

Couldn't agree more. That's why it was so satisfying when he finally won ADCC finally some vindication for his skills. It was looking like he was doomed to always a bridesmaid never a bride.
Forsure, he and Dante have been the two I’ve told people to watch for years. I was bummed to see Craig lose but beyond happy for Diniz. Throughout all the drama with MG’s team Diniz was one of the few who kept his head above water and kept working hard.

That said, he freezes up sometimes in tough spots, super curious to see his post-ADCC evolution.

Forsure, he and Dante have been the two I’ve told people to watch for years. I was bummed to see Craig lose but beyond happy for Diniz. Throughout all the drama with MG’s team Diniz was one of the few who kept his head above water and kept working hard.

That said, he freezes up sometimes in tough spots, super curious to see his post-ADCC evolution.
Couldn't agree more man. I can't wait, hope he brings it and keeps the streak going for a bit.

Love Dante's style been trying to wrestle up like he does in training.

In 10 years, this is one of the only posts of yours I haven’t had to read twice.

This card has some banger match ups.

Duarte vs Diniz
Jones vs Hulk
Mikey vs Geo
Viera vs Clay
Nicky vs Dante
Jimenez vs Wiltse

diniz by decision
Jones by heelhook
Mikey by armbar from the back
I’m not sure about this match
Nicky by heelhook
Jiminez by RNC

Diniz put Hulk to sleep last night - like a last second choke but lost on points because the time expired as hulk was going out.

Diniz needs to see a sport Psychologist or something - he does seem to choke when his time to shine comes.

https://www.flograppling.com/video/...rbosa-goes-to-sleep-but-wins-vs-matheus-diniz
Can't find a youtube clip of anyone even talking about.
Kind of crazy to choke someone out and still lose somehow. Atos just knows how to win on points.

Couldn't agree more. Some interesting matches and the ADCC rules change the dynamic. I just wish Gordon wasn't out so we could have seen the cyborg rematch.

So is Gordon truly retired? I know he had gastroparesis, but man, part of me thought it was only a temporary thing or quick publicity. I mean, he signed with One, right? I haven’t been keeping up…

Last edited:
Back