ROAD FC 25 - Champion vs. Champion, Kim vs. Sandro, Sarami, Nezu, and more...

Fork

Sumo
@Gold
Reaction score
From ASIA MMA:

poster-copy.jpg

ROAD FC 25 will see the South Korean promotion head to its hometown after its first event in Japan. ROAD FC 25 will have two Champions face off at featherweight in a super fight and 61kg Champ Lee Yun-Jun faces 65 Champ Choi Mu-Gyeom.

Also announced on the card will be bantamweight phenom Kim Soo-Chul who also jumps up a weight class to take on former Sengoku Champ Marlon Sandro. Kim literally just fought at ROAD FC in Japan and stunned with a first-round finish over Japanese ranker Taiyo Nakahara. Sandro represents another heavy mountain to move, as the veteran of more than 30 wars and a Brazilian jiu jitsu black belt under Andr

champ vs champ is awesome. i wish it would happen more in other orgs, silva vs jones would've been awesome when they were reigning champs.

also kim su cheol's win over taiyo should prbly give him a shot at the BW belt next. unless he's moving to FW?

also kim su cheol's win over taiyo should prbly give him a shot at the BW belt next. unless he's moving to FW?

yeah, i don't know if this move to FW for the fight with sandro is a permanent move, but i assume not. and yeah, he deserves a shot at the title. kim soo chul vs. lee yun jun... what a fight.

Yeah I'm not really sure why Soo Chul Kim isn't getting a title shot (he really deserved one even before the Taiyo fight), weird that both him and Yoon Jun Lee are fighting up a weight class on the same event. Still awesome fights for both guys, Kim gets a big name in Sandro and Lee fights the champion above him.

Nezu vs Park is interesting, I think Park has a lot of potential and Nezu has one of my favorite striking styles in MMA.

Takano vs Park reminds me a lot of the Takano/Ga Yeon fight stylistically. I was very glad to see Takano go on that win streak and finally even up her record. Park had a very competitive decision with Fujino on short notice so I think we might see an upset.

Why did Dong Xin not get signed to the UFC even though he went 1-0 on TUF china?

Soo Chul Kim still has an active contract with ONE FC and one of the stipulations in the contract is that he can't fight for a belt in another org which includes ROAD FC.

Soo Chul Kim still has an active contract with ONE FC and one of the stipulations in the contract is that he can't fight for a belt in another org which includes ROAD FC.

ahhh, that makes sense. i like that he's taking these superfights these days and that they're giving him great challenges.

I thought that might be it but I wasn't sure what his deal with ONE was, I knew he resigned awhile back but it's looking like he's not going to ever fight for them. Sucks that it's keeping us from seeing probably the biggest fight to make in ROAD (one of the biggest in Asian MMA really) right now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Freddie556
Back