Road bike problem

EL CORINTHIAN

Red Belt
@red
Reaction score
Ok guys i recently got a road bicycle from my father, its an old bianchi but its real nice.

1 major and very stupid problem. I cant control or handle the fucking thing. I quickly found out that road bicycles are not to be handled like mountain bikes and are eextremely awkward

someone help me out!

That's just the way it is with road bikes. You have to get used to it.

I only ever use my road bike these days if i'm cycling along the coastal bike path... which is perfectly smooth tarmac, no potholes and no hairpin corners. I find it almost impossible to ride it on the road, besides asshole motorists who get impatient, there's the potholes, drain covers and all sorts.

I came off my road bike on the road once, it was fairly wet and i was turning a corner (not a tight corner at all) and my rear wheel went out... i almost got hit by a car. I've been hit by a car whilst on my bike before and it's not nice.

These days i use a hybrid bicycle for all my commuting or road riding. Faster than a mountain bike, but far more stable than a road bike.

Training wheels? :redface:

As stated, you may just have to get used to it. Try to steer with your body instead of the bars so much. Keeping a low center of gravity helps also. If you just want to use it to train/cardio you may want to invest in a wind trainer or a set of rollers. Maybe the frame size is wrong for you also. How tall are you, and what size is the frame?

Back