Roach: Pacquiao KO's Danny Garcia, Easy F***ing Fight!

Yet he still keeps landing them. Every single fight.

Already making excuses for if he were to win. Its ridiculous lol.

Oh enough of that. I like Garcia and I've defended him in the past. He's the lineal JWW champ and he's undefeated. But he's not on Pacs level. If he beat Pac, if give him plenty of credit. But reality is, Garcias never even fought anyone on Pacs level before. I'm not saying it wouldn't be competitive, but Garcia fades late and has come off as one dimensional in many fights. You need more than just a strong punch to beat Pac.

Oh enough of that. I like Garcia and I've defended him in the past. He's the lineal JWW champ and he's undefeated. But he's not on Pacs level. If he beat Pac, if give him plenty of credit. But reality is, Garcias never even fought anyone on Pacs level before. I'm not saying it wouldn't be competitive, but Garcia fades late and has come off as one dimensional in many fights. You need more than just a strong punch to beat Pac.

Hope like hell this fight happens. Shitty part is if Danny were to win everyone would just go the "Pac is washed up" route.

Enough of what, calling exactly what is already happening? "The only way Garcia wins is if Pac is suddenly old."

He keeps being counted out, and he keeps winning. Maybe because being decent everywhere is serving him well, despite not being fantastic anywhere.

Enough of what, calling exactly what is already happening? "The only way Garcia wins is if Pac is suddenly old."

He keeps being counted out, and he keeps winning. Maybe because being decent everywhere is serving him well, despite not being fantastic anywhere.

I don't think that it is an excuse I just think that it is actually true. That's not Garcia's fault. It would be a great win and definitely his biggest victory if he were to defeat Pacquiao.

Garcia has been getting trickier and trickier on the offensive end since the Matthysse fight, IMO. He landed pretty much every punch in the book on Paulie. As for his power, I think Garcia and Porter are probably comparable. Garcia might hit a little harder. His punches seemed to have more of a one-punch effect on Paulie. Porter's win is obviously way better considering he took chances and overwhelmed Paulie but Garcia's right hands looked like they were chippig away at Paulie's soul.

Paulie is so shot though. It's kind of sad and awkward watching him fight now, he's not very fast anymore, he's fragile, and he punches with even less power than ever. I thought Danny looked bad in that fight, and I know a few other people who's opinions I value did too.

I think Garcia seems like a bigger puncher because he is much more accurate and lands cleaner shots than Porter. I think Garcia is a better boxer in every way than Porter, but just doesn't have the athleticism of a guy like Porter (speed, endurance, strength). They'd actually make a really good fight.

I think Garcia's biggest strengths at welterweight are his accuracy and his chin. Those are the traits that might make him competitive against the top fighters at welterweight, because his speed, power, and defense probably won't scare anyone.

Came late here, but definitely think that Manny would put a nice beating on Danny if the fight actually happen anytime soon. Manny's style can give too much trouble to Danny.
Even if Danny connects in the exchanges, Manny has shown great composure and solid chin that can gave him the ability to survive the type of flurries that Danny may bring.

I don't think that it is an excuse I just think that it is actually true. That's not Garcia's fault. It would be a great win and definitely his biggest victory if he were to defeat Pacquiao.

You arent calling him old and washed up now so to use it as an excuse for losing is silly.

Curious here, Peterson vs Pac right now who wins?

And there it is. Danny wont get credit no matter who he beats because he isnt spectacular anywhere.

He gets the amount of credit he deserves and then some. I don't understand why you think I'm just hating on Danny Garcia, why would I say something that I don't actually believe just to be negative? He's an east coast guy that I root for. I'm just having trouble being impressed by him.

I have lots of reasons for my views on Danny Garcia and his resume. I can explain pretty easily why I'm not that impressed, but for some reason it'll be met with me being called a hater. It's not surprising at all that people to have mixed opinions on a guy like Garcia.

I'm agreed with this and I really hope that they fight each other some day, so we can have a more accurate analysis about the future of these boxers.

You arent calling him old and washed up now so to use it as an excuse for losing is silly.

Uh, he IS old. He's 36. I think everybody acknowledges he's old. But washed up? No I don't think he's washed up. He's still very fast, and has improved his boxing a lot. Again, it would be a great victory for Danny. I don't know how many times I have to tell you that.

Manny 5 or 6 years ago beats the dog piss out of Garcia. Stylistically and experience wise, Danny SHOULD get his ass whooped here. But Pac IS older now. He's not the same. And losing to Danny Garcia would be a sure sign that it's time to hang them up. Take nothing away from Garcia, it would still be an impressive victory even now. But let's not act like it'd be as impressive as beating Pac 5 or 6 years ago.

Pacquiao is old.

Washed up is a relative term, but he's been on a downward slope ever since Margarito. His first fight with Bradley was not vintage Pacquiao, then of course nobody even attempts to claim Pacquiao has been the same guy since the Marquez KO. He changed his fighting style, he throw way fewer punches, he lost a bit of pop, he doesn't have the stamina he did in his 20's and early 30's. Pacquiao is very old for his style of fighting and has had tremendous wars.

He was special enough to keep beating guys on his downward slope, and may still have enough for a good win or two. But when guys are on a downward slope, you never know when they will show up and finally just look shot. That's not an excuse man, he's in his late 30's and has 60-something fights.

He gets the amount of credit he deserves and then some. I don't understand why you think I'm just hating on Danny Garcia, why would I say something that I don't actually believe just to be negative? He's an east coast guy that I root for. I'm just having trouble being impressed by him.

I have lots of reasons for my views on Danny Garcia and his resume. I can explain pretty easily why I'm not that impressed, but for some reason it'll be met with me being called a hater. It's not surprising at all that people to have mixed opinions on a guy like Garcia.

Disagree.

Didnt say you were hating on him.

He doesnt get credit for the wins because theyre hard fought, and will continue to be at this level because he isnt a spectacular fighter or specimen. Hes not great anywhere, but pretty good everywhere. Those type of guys always see criticism (rightfully) because they get exposed in their flaws frequently.

Curious here, Peterson vs Pac right now who wins?

That's a tougher call to make IMO. I think that Manny would have the edge, but is difficult to think what to expect on Peterson based on the one who fought Lucas or the Peterson who fought Danny.

Last edited:
Uh, he IS old. He's 36. I think everybody acknowledges he's old. But washed up? No I don't think he's washed up. He's still very fast, and has improved his boxing a lot. Again, it would be a great victory for Danny. I don't know how many times I have to tell you that.

Manny 5 or 6 years ago beats the dog piss out of Garcia. Stylistically and experience wise, Danny SHOULD get his ass whooped here. But Pac IS older now. He's not the same. And losing to Danny Garcia would be a sure sign that it's time to hang them up. Take nothing away from Garcia, it would still be an impressive victory even now. But let's not act like it'd be as impressive as beating Pac 5 or 6 years ago.

Unless Pac gets old overnight, I don't see this any other way than a UD for him.

So unless Pac is washed up overnight Danny cant win? Is that what you are saying?

That's a tougher call to make IMO. I think that Manny would have the edge, but is difficult to think what to expect on the Peterson based on the one who fought Lucas or the Peterson who fought Danny.

Really, really liked what we saw from Peterson against Danny (the late rounds at least, early was rather embarrassing).

Back