Roach: Pacquiao KO's Danny Garcia, Easy F***ing Fight!

Agree with Freddie except for the KO part. Garcia hasnt been down or even hurt bad enough in any fight for me to think Pacquiao will KO him.

Pac murks him badly. Too many punches will be coming straight down the pipe, inside of Danny's looping shots.
Like Amir Khan right? Oh wait...

Danny Garcia is a killer in exchanges. Thats his strength. Pac doesn't fight like guys who made Garcia look bad. He's not awkward or mauls like Herrera. He doesn't box on the outside like Peterson did. Pac is going to come out and look to land big combos and thats exactly where Garcia is dangerous. Are we going to pretend Pac hasn't had problems with counter punchers?

Honestly, it'd probably look a lot like Garcia's fight with Mathysse. Pac fights more like Mathysse or Khan than anyone else Garcia has fought.

Danny Garcia is a killer in exchanges. Thats his strength. Pac doesn't fight like guys who made Garcia look bad. He's not awkward or mauls like Herrera. He doesn't box on the outside like Peterson did. Pac is going to come out and look to land big combos and thats exactly where Garcia is dangerous. Are we going to pretend Pac hasn't had problems with counter punchers?

Honestly, it'd probably look a lot like Garcia's fight with Mathysse. Pac fights more like Mathysse or Khan than anyone else Garcia has fought.

You seem to overlook that Manny did just that to Bradley in the second fight, fighting from the outside, picking his shots, outboxing him...and winning the exchanges when the "brawled."

Manny is a nightmare match up for Danny Garcia...

I think Manny is a better stylistic matchup for anyone Garcia has fought since Mathysse. Thats no gimme for Pac.

Pac murks him badly. Too many punches will be coming straight down the pipe, inside of Danny's looping shots.

I agree. If Pacquaio doesn't dominate Garcia, it would only be because Pacquiao suddenly got old. Any version of Pacquiao we've seen in the ring dominates Garcia.

People are high on Garcia, and I get it, the guy has achieved quite a bit. But he's really the definition of an overachiever to me. He is not fast, he is not very slick, and he is not the killer puncher people claim (18 KOs out of 31 fights at 140, and now he's 147). That is not an elite puncher's record, and it becomes even less impressive when you look at who he got the 18 KO's against.

His fight schedule and climb to the top has not been nearly as murderous as some people say. Outside of the notoriously glass chinned Khan, his KO's were mostly against low-level competition and shot fighters.

So when people say, "Sure Pacquiao should pick him apart, but what happens when Danny connects?" Well, I would assume nothing too drastic will happen based on Danny's resume. I don't see Danny knocking out any of the top 10 fighters at 147 unless it's Khan again.

Garcia's best trait (if matched against quality opposition) is not his power, it's his chin. He gets punched a lot, and has proven to be tough as hell. Lucas was his best win by a mile, and he won because (unlike most opponents of Lucas) he was able to stay upright.

You seem to overlook that Manny did just that to Bradley in the second fight, fighting from the outside, picking his shots, outboxing him...and winning the exchanges when the "brawled."

Bradley throws arm punches. Garcia packs a wallop in both hands. He had Paulie wobbly with every right hand he landed. I feel like Garcia will come forward, land the jab to the belly and fake it, coming over the top with the right hand putting Pacquiao down a la Maidana/Broner.

Some think it's a bad fight for Pacquiao, some think it's a bad fight for Garcia. The truth is probably a mixture of both.

Amir Khan was pretty much knocked out by one punch (although he lingered for a bit). His style was perfectly fine, he was picking Garcia apart before his hilariously bad chin came into play.

Matthyyse is not much like Pacquiao or Khan, I'm not sure what you're saying there. If there is a comparison, it's very simple. Like, they all like to throw lots of punches.

I don't see the evidence in Garcia's resume to call him a killer. 18 KO's in 31 fights, mostly racked up against guys on the verge of retirement or guys that nobody's ever heard of.

Pacquiao had problems with some of the greatest counter punchers ever, but I don't think Danny is in that league.

Garcia's best trait (if matched against quality opposition) is not his power, it's his chin. He gets punched a lot, and has proven to be tough as hell. Lucas was his best win by a mile, and he won because (unlike most opponents of Lucas) he was able to stay upright.

Garcia's offensive technique is up there with Golovkin/Chocolatito/Kovalev IMO. Fantastic footwork, punch trajectory, and punch placement.

His style was not perfectly fine or he would never have got caught by that KO shot or been caught with more shots repeatedly for the rest of the fight.

Bradley throws arm punches. Garcia packs a wallop in both hands. He had Paulie wobbly with every right hand he landed. I feel like Garcia will come forward, land the jab to the belly and fake it, coming over the top with the right hand putting Pacquiao down a la Maidana/Broner.

Some think it's a bad fight for Pacquiao, some think it's a bad fight for Garcia. The truth is probably a mixture of both.

When has Garcia done something like that? I don't envision Paulie moving forward on Pacquiao, and outsmarting Pacquiao to land a huge looping overhand right. I don't think that is likely at all based on what I've seen from both of those guys.

Paulie was unimpressed by Garcia's power. He said he hits fine, but not a top 147 puncher. I believe he said Porter hits harder (Porter is not a puncher), and described Garcia's power more like he describes Broner's power. Which is, fine but not impressive.

I agree. If Pacquaio doesn't dominate Garcia, it would only be because Pacquiao suddenly got old. Any version of Pacquiao we've seen in the ring dominates Garcia.

People are high on Garcia, and I get it, the guy has achieved quite a bit. But he's really the definition of an overachiever to me.

And there it is. Danny wont get credit no matter who he beats because he isnt spectacular anywhere.

Manny is a nightmare match up for Danny Garcia...

You say this as if Bradley is comparable to Danny in exchanges. He isnt whatsoever.

I think Rios vs. Garcia plays out like Mathysse vs. Garcia... only slightly easier for Garcia..

Agreed. Think rios would fight hard and do well at spots. Danny would win but it wouldn't be a blowout.

Might be a competitive fight at this stage. Got me thinking how awesome Danny G vs JuanMa would have been at some point.

Agreed. Think rios would fight hard and do well at spots. Danny would win but it wouldn't be a blowout.

I struggle to think of an easier fight for Swift. At least one that is a somewhat relevant name.

Garcia has never fought anybody like Pac. Unless Pac gets old overnight, I don't see this any other way than a UD for him. I don't think there's a KO here. Garcia doesn't have the counterpunching skill of JMM to time Pac. He lands most of his best shots when he's not even looking at his opponent.

Yet he still keeps landing them. Every single fight.

Already making excuses for if he were to win. Its ridiculous lol.

His style was not perfectly fine or he would never have got caught by that KO shot or been caught with more shots repeatedly for the rest of the fight.

He got caught because he has massive flaws in his game, not because of his general fighting style. Unless you consider Khan's failure to defend himself a "style" then I'd say his style was looking pretty effective against Garcia's style.

And the shots he was being hit with repeatedly were because he was a semi-conscious sitting duck after that punch he took, not because of his style. That's like saying Zab Judah's style is to do the stanky leg and point at opponents menacingly.

When has Garcia done something like that? I don't envision Paulie moving forward on Pacquiao, and outsmarting Pacquiao to land a huge looping overhand right. I don't think that is likely at all based on what I've seen from both of those guys.

Paulie was unimpressed by Garcia's power. He said he hits fine, but not a top 147 puncher. I believe he said Porter hits harder (Porter is not a puncher), and described Garcia's power more like he describes Broner's power. Which is, fine but not impressive.

Garcia has been getting trickier and trickier on the offensive end since the Matthysse fight, IMO. He landed pretty much every punch in the book on Paulie. As for his power, I think Garcia and Porter are probably comparable. Garcia might hit a little harder. His punches seemed to have more of a one-punch effect on Paulie. Porter's win is obviously way better considering he took chances and overwhelmed Paulie but Garcia's right hands looked like they were chippig away at Paulie's soul.

Back