Roach - "Danny Garcia 4 Pacquiao" - ARUM "Fight Possible!"

This would surpass one million ppv buys easily...

PAC fans would tune in...and millions more to see broner killed in the ring.
Manny would win, but, believe it or not, Broner actually isn't an easy match-up for Manny. Adrian does some things that don't work well for Pacman.

I think his ceiling is what we are seeing now

I agree with this. I don't see much improvement with him, he's already physically/athletically overachieving and his RIQ looks to have peaked as well. He's a formidable Champion right now but I can imagine a lot of talented guys catching up to him quickly. Marquez would give him hell at 140 and 147 (still can't figure out why they've never fought), could they have been keeping Danny-boy away from the Mexican Legend?

I also don't think he'll deal well with an athlete that fights him smart. Again, Amir Khan was boxing his socks off until he got careless and set his feet too long.

I agree with this. I don't see much improvement with him, he's already physically/athletically overachieving and his RIQ looks to have peaked as well. He's a formidable Champion right now but I can imagine a lot of talented guys catching up to him quickly. Marquez would give him hell at 140 and 147 (still can't figure out why they've never fought), could they have been keeping Danny-boy away from the Mexican Legend?

I also don't think he'll deal well with an athlete that fights him smart. Again, Amir Khan was boxing his socks off until he got careless and set his feet too long.

I'm not sure what more you guys expect.

Hes the legit champion of the division.

I'm not sure what more you guys expect.

Hes the legit champion of the division.

He is....didn't say he wasn't. He's earned it for sure. But he surprises with his skillset as well as disappoint at times. Thats all Im saying. Leads me to believe he's peaked already at 26yrs old. The match-up wasn't an ideal one for him but he should'nt have had such a difficult time that he had with Herrera.

He is....didn't say he wasn't. He's earned it for sure. But he surprises with his skillset as well as disappoint at times. Thats all Im saying. Leads me to believe he's peaked already at 26yrs old. The match-up wasn't an ideal one for him but he should'nt have had such a difficult time that he had with Herrera.

Well, you guys say we're seeing his ceiling now.

His ceiling then, is beating the best guys in the division and being a champion.

I give you an example of guys that would beat Danny today right now:

I wont even mention the obvious guys.

Tim Bradley
Juan Manuel Marquez
Keith Thurman
Shawn Porter
Marcos Maidana
Paulie Malignaggi

He should stay at JrWW and continue to rule the division and not bother going up. It's a whole different planet at WW

Tim Bradley
Juan Manuel Marquez
Keith Thurman
Shawn Porter
Marcos Maidana
Paulie Malignaggi

He should stay at JrWW and continue to rule the division and not bother going up. It's a whole different planet at WW
I don't agree with some of those and its nothing more than your opinion. Mathysse was supposed to punch his head off too.

I don't agree with some of those and its nothing more than your opinion. Mathysse was supposed to punch his head off too.

Coming into that fight, I never thought Mathysse would be more than a flash KO threat for Danny. Mathysse doesn't have a lot of skills, he was grossly outclassed by Danny's skill before the fight started. All of those guys I mentioned are much more talented than Lucas.

Tim Bradley
Juan Manuel Marquez
Keith Thurman
Shawn Porter
Marcos Maidana
Paulie Malignaggi

I think Garcia will fill out to a comfortable 147, he's naturally as big if not bigger than everyone on that list except Porter.

Thurman is very good but beatable, I actually think danny is a bad stylistic match up for him. Garcia has a better chin, is a better counter puncher and Thurman likes to brawl and his chin is a question mark imo.

Malignaggi got his head scrambled versus Porter, if you were paying attention. Consider him as good as retired.

Here's a list of guys danny beats right now imo:

Guerrero
Broner
Brandon Rios
Amir Khan (again)
Alvarado

All of whom (except khan) either held or fought for a belt at 147

I'd pick Garcia over the current version of Marquez.

Danny Garcia is a a bad match up for Pac. Dude punches like a ton of bricks and if one lands it's good night for ManPac.

Danny Garcia is a a bad match up for Pac. Dude punches like a ton of bricks and if one lands it's good night for ManPac.

It's not the punching power, it's his resiliency and skill-set that I think would cause problems. Interesting fight for sure. Be even more fun to watch in Angel trash talk to Roach and hear Roach's comebacks.

^ Marquez may be a little too refined for Garcia at this stage but his willingness to trade might do him in versus a guy as good as swift. Had been Garcia delivering those counter punches versus JMM and not Alvarado, Marquez would have been put to sleep.

JMM is more than skilled enough to duplicate Herrera's Jab and Grab strategy to a comfy UD, but he's is too much of a warrior to do that.

I'd pick Garcia over the current version of Marquez.

Marquez handles Danny. A guy that boxes has the upperhand on the kid. He's been fighting a lot of guys that come forward lately. It'll be interesting to see how he handles guys with RIQ as high or higher than his.

Tim Bradley
Juan Manuel Marquez
Keith Thurman
Shawn Porter
Marcos Maidana
Paulie Malignaggi

Malignaggi?

Malignaggi?

He's got the skills to pull it off......you guys are funny, a guy gets knocked out by an undefeated champion and all of a sudden he's garbage... It's my opinion, an Im sticking with it.

Marquez handles Danny. A guy that boxes has the upperhand on the kid. He's been fighting a lot of guys that come forward lately. It'll be interesting to see how he handles guys with RIQ as high or higher than his.

Marquez is slow and gets hit with dumb shit at this point.

Danny wrecks him in the same exchange alvarado caught him in.

remember this is Roid Marquez, not Old Marquez.

One of the few times I disagree with you. Marquez makes it a nice scrap, no wrecking involved from either.
remember this is Roid Marquez, not Old Marquez.

Roid Marquez > Slow little Marquez that fought Mayweather:D

He's got the skills to pull it off......you guys are funny, a guy gets knocked out by an undefeated champion and all of a sudden he's garbage... It's my opinion, an Im sticking with it.

He was even before the KO. Danny would take what ever pillow fists throws and dish out dynamite.

As for Danny, its too early for him to fight Pac. By the time his ready Pac "should" be retired.

Back