Roach - "Danny Garcia 4 Pacquiao" - ARUM "Fight Possible!"

Garcia is limited, but he is extremely tough and sports a half-decent skillset with a pretty good punch. I think Pacquiao is a pretty difficult matchup stylistically for him, though. Pac's speed and boxing ability would likely be too much, but Garcia would be game and dangerous in the exchanges. He'd be willing to stand in and could punish Manny's recklessness at times, but Danny likely isn't a high enough level fighter to beat Manny even if he is a tad past it.

Pacs a bad matchup for him but hed getting really undersold around here. His lack of IQ defensively would probably be the down fall against Pac, but hes a much more live dog than hes getting credit for.

Pacs a bad matchup for him but hed getting really undersold around here. His lack of IQ defensively would probably be the down fall against Pac, but hes a much more live dog than hes getting credit for.

One thing in his favor is that I liked how he approached another southpaw in Zab Judah early in their fight. He made good use of that straight right hand, and looked comfortable leading and countering (which isn't always the case when he is fighting orthodox fighters). Of course, as the fight went on, Zab rather miraculously mounted something of a comeback and started teeing off on Garcia at points. A lesser chinned man likely would have at least been knocked down in that fight. Garcia is an interesting fighter, though. Almost every time he fights something in the fight goes rather contrary to how I think it will (the Matthysse fight being pretty much the sole exception over the last 5 or 6 fights).

To be fair the morales danny fought was wayyyyyyyy past his best but i do like danny but i think pac beats him

Yea hes past his prime but he was still dangerous and is a notable name to beat.
You got to put that up there when talking about Garcias wins.

Garcia is legit and around number 5 or 6 p4p. People just getting ready to discredit him when Pac beats him.

It would be an exciting match. A young undefeated best guy at 140 proven.

Garcia is legit and around number 5 or 6 p4p. People just getting ready to discredit him when Pac beats him.

It would be an exciting match. A young undefeated best guy at 140 proven.

No one is trying to discredit him.
Garcia is a really good fighter and he does have the power to hurt pac and may be able to counter him effectively, but wouldnt you have pac as the clear favorite? Danny is really good but Pac is elite i would favor pac and i would also look forward to that fight

Well, Danny said he has one more fight and he's moving up to 147. so it'd probably be there. I can see GoldenBoy and TR working something out. TR owes them money and it could be a way to recoup some of that back. Guys don't confuse the GldnBoy - TR "Cold War" with the Floyd - Arum "Ice Age" Cau7se there is NO way Floyd will be involved with a fight that makes Bob Arum money... But GldnBoy....maybe something can happen.

Anyways, would be a tough fight for Danny. BUT, I've seen him in big fights when he KNEW it was a big fight and at this point I wouldn't count Swift out of any. This kid is one of the most technically sound boxers in the game. He has no problem sitting in the pocket, has decent defense and very solid vision and counter punching ability. Remember he was getting taxed by Khan until he clipped him with a nice counter. He was getting pushed by Matthysse until he just shut that shit down and put his foot on the gas. Of course neither is Manny Pacquiao and Pacman is gonna do what Pacman does. And like I said, gonna be an uphill battle for Garcia to figure out how to win, Manny's a clear favorite, but I think the fight would be closer than most would think.

No one is trying to discredit him.
Garcia is a really good fighter and he does have the power to hurt pac and may be able to counter him effectively, but wouldnt you have pac as the clear favorite? Danny is really good but Pac is elite i would favor pac and i would also look forward to that fight

Check up a few posts and Cuban says Garcia is a fluke fighter.

I would favor pacquiao against any fighter not named PBF. 154 and under.

Check up a few posts and Cuban says Garcia is a fluke fighter.

I would favor pacquiao against any fighter not named PBF. 154 and under.

You cant take what that guy says seriously. Like someone else said if garcia was cuban that dude would be all over him

Pacquiao would win, but Garcia loves to counter and Pac would be the aggressive fighter in the fight, pushing the action, which would give Garcia alot of chances....Whether Garcia would be able to land his favorite left hook on a Southpaw through is another question....That's a tough punch to land on a Southpaw, even one who fights you face to face like Pacman does.

I saw 60-40 Pac, but it would be a good scrap.

The only way Danny beats Pacquiao is with a wild left hook. He can't outbox Pac, he might not be in his prime anymore but his still faster than Danny. Pacs footwork will win him this fight, in and out before Dsnny can counter.
Danny would lose in the exchanges as well.

The only way Danny beats Pacquiao is with a wild left hook. He can't outbox Pac, he might not be in his prime anymore but his still faster than Danny. Pacs footwork will win him this fight, in and out before Dsnny can counter.
Danny would lose in the exchanges as well.

Garcia has shown some ability to adjust, which is why I was so puzzled by his struggle with Herrera.

I actually picked Herrera to give Garcia problems but not all the way through to the final bell.

Danny Garcia actually has a wicked right cross that has been in mothballs lately. He's not just the left hook.

good fight thats not happening. they need to answer broners call out of him

pac is ducking broner

Dannys more of a puncher than he gets credit for imo.

Garcia is limited, but he is extremely tough and sports a half-decent skillset with a pretty good punch. I think Pacquiao is a pretty difficult matchup stylistically for him, though. Pac's speed and boxing ability would likely be too much, but Garcia would be game and dangerous in the exchanges. He'd be willing to stand in and could punish Manny's recklessness at times, but Danny likely isn't a high enough level fighter to beat Manny even if he is a tad past it.

more importantly is the in and out speed. I think Manny uses his speed and movement much better than Khan. I think he would dance circles around Garcia all night, lighting him up.

Bradley is much more athletic and quick than Garcia and can turn, pivot, and maintain balance with Pac, in those kind of dynamic exchanges. Outside of winging a hook and hoping it lands, I am not sure what Garcia does in the exchanges.

I wanna see Floyd get Garcia first. His association with Al Haymon probably makes Pac-Garcia impossible.

Garcia has shown some ability to adjust, which is why I was so puzzled by his struggle with Herrera.

I actually picked Herrera to give Garcia problems but not all the way through to the final bell.

Danny Garcia actually has a wicked right cross that has been in mothballs lately. He's not just the left hook.

ROFL. If Danny Garcia has a legit shot to beat Manny, I guess Manny will absolutely demolish Floyd in 2 rounds.

ROFL. If Danny Garcia has a legit shot to beat Manny, I guess Manny will absolutely demolish Floyd in 2 rounds.

Well, in his last 2, we watched him struggle with Herrera and dominate Mathysse.

Pac isn't really that much like either guy but he's certainly more like Mathhyse than Herrera.

The old adage is true, styles make fights and Mauricio Herrera has a style that makes everyone look bad.

I'd rather Garcia VS Mayweather Jr

The build up to the fight would be waaaaaaaaaaay more exciting than the fight itself thanks to Angel Garcia and Snr just going at it.

Back