Roach - "Danny Garcia 4 Pacquiao" - ARUM "Fight Possible!"

He went life and death with a shot to pieces Morales, sorry he loses to Pac. Also was getting outboxed by glass jawed Khan before landing the left hook, Amirs speed was really troubling him early.... Pac boxes circles around him, Garcia wins a few rounds at most.....

Life and death with Morales-So did Maidana.

Pac got stopped by Marquez, who Floyd schooled.

You can't really base how a fighter will do against a guy based on a fight with a completely different fighter.

Certainly won the opening frames. Just dont think thats enough sample.

It may be a stretch to say he "struggled" with Khan, I guess it just depends on how you look at it. It's not much of a sample.

I wouldn't say his opening round struggles signified he was going to get his ass beat for 12 rounds or anything. But he definitely looked a bit puzzled by Khan's hand speed in those opening rounds. He may have turned it around without the knock out, who knows. I do think it's something worth noting though.

I thought I was the only one that liked Garcia. He certainly doesn't get a lot of hype.

He's a solid dude. If THE fight can't be done, this would be a nice consolation.

I'm not sold on Garcia being a fearsome puncher.... KO'ing Khan, and old Morales isn't all that impressive. His power is average at best for a world level fighter... He's got a nice left hook, but that's about it.

I don't think he is among the biggest punchers in the sport, but his power is certainly above average even at the world level.

It may be a stretch to say he "struggled" with Khan, I guess it just depends on how you look at it. It's not much of a sample.

I wouldn't say his opening round struggles signified he was going to get his ass beat for 12 rounds or anything. But he definitely looked a bit puzzled by Khan's hand speed in those opening rounds. He may have turned it around without the knock out, who knows. I do think it's something worth noting though.

Absolutely. Khan's offense is serious business, and Pacs maybe the worst matchup for Danny. Id really like to see this fight happen, it would be a damn good one imo.

Life and death with Morales-So did Maidana.

Pac got stopped by Marquez, who Floyd schooled.

You can't really base how a fighter will do against a guy based on a fight with a completely different fighter.

Maybe so, but I'm just not that impressed with Garcia... He's good, but not good enough to beat Pac. He's struggled with meager opposition more than once, and I just don't see how he beats someone like Pac...... Morales, Judah, Herrera fights all lead me to thinking he gets schooled.

Manny doesnt drop him imo. If he wins its a narrow decision.

Khan's hands are just as fast as Manny's. Angles are a different story but youre reaching.

Angle and how it's thrown. Watch how pacman throws his punches. He is a southpaw but sometimes he throws his punches just as he's rolling to avoid a punch and tags his opponent at the same time. He always gets the better of the exchange because of this. Watch closely when he's planting he's feet and deliver a straight left. This is the harder punch, not because he puts power on it but because both feet is planted, he's not rolling and it's going to land first when his opponent throws a hook - aside from the fact that he is pretty damn accurate with it. Khan on the other hand will throw multiple jabs to land a powerful straight behind it. That's the reason Khan has problems with power punchers. Because as soon as they slip from one of his punches, he will be left open to a hook because he doesn't roll or take a side step. Watch the breidis fight and watch the garcia fight. JMM is pacman's kryptonite because he is the best counter puncher pacman has ever faced.

Pac boxes his fuckin' nuts off. Danny be tryin' to time the left hook all night.

Angle and how it's thrown. Watch how pacman throws his punches. He is a southpaw but sometimes he throws his punches just as he's rolling to avoid a punch and tags his opponent at the same time. He always gets the better of the exchange because of this. Watch closely when he's planting he's feet and deliver a straight left. This is the harder punch, not because he puts power on it but because both feet is planted, he's not rolling and it's going to land first when his opponent throws a hook - aside from the fact that he is pretty damn accurate with it. Khan on the other hand will throw multiple jabs to land a powerful straight behind it. That's the reason Khan has problems with power punchers. Because as soon as they slip from one of his punches, he will be left open to a hook because he doesn't roll or take a side step. Watch the breidis fight and watch the garcia fight. JMM is pacman's kryptonite because he is the best counter puncher pacman has ever faced.

It's not just that Marquez is a counterpuncher, it's that Marquez is a mobile counterpuncher. He moves ands trades punches side to side, while they're circling, mea ing he can get out of the way of a lot of pacquiaos punches. high level footwork and rhythm' are part of it. That or he backs up enough while Pacquiao is throwing to avoid most if his shots then lights up Pac with counters while he's still in range.

He also had 36 rounds to get used to Pac's style and tendencies. No amount of sparring or film study can get you ready for that.

Thanks, I had never seen Manny fight.

This is one PPV i would buy. I like garcia and ive been waiting for him to step up the competition.

I do see pac wrecking him tho. Danny does have some nice counters and could hurt pac a few times

Last edited:
Thanks, I had never seen Manny fight.

I'm stating the obvious which somehow doesn't stick well to unthinking minds and keep insisting that Manny & Khan are one and the same.

I'm stating the obvious which somehow doesn't stick well to unthinking minds and keep insisting that Manny & Khan are one and the same.

Im well aware of the obvious, hence why I blatantly pointed out that Khan matches his speed but "angles and ability are a different story." Never once did I say Khan was any where near Pac in any regard other than speed, so dont put words in my mouth.

Further, youll note that I said Pac would rightfully be favored.

I simply feel Danny gets slept on. Hes a better boxer and a better puncher than he gets credit. And lastly, the kid is tough as fuck.

I simply feel Danny gets slept on. Hes a better boxer and a better puncher than he gets credit. And lastly, the kid is tough as fuck.

Danny has a great chin. He walked through some serious shots from Matthysse. The only thing I'll add is that he kind of has to be tough because he's not all that hard to hit. He should probably tighten-up his defense before he moves up in weight because he could end up with serious head injuries.

Danny has a great chin. He walked through some serious shots from Matthysse. The only thing I'll add is that he kind of has to be tough because he's not all that hard to hit. He should probably tighten-up his defense before he moves up in weight because he could end up with serious head injuries.

His balls are bigger than his brain, no argument there.

This far along though I dont see him becoming a good defensive fighter, and that likely will cost him to some degree eventually.

The first Morales fight was Danny's first step up, and against a legend. So I kind of let him get a pass on that poor performance.

The only one I really knock him for, as others do, is the Herrera fight.

Back