Roach - "Danny Garcia 4 Pacquiao" - ARUM "Fight Possible!"

So assuming the Mayweather fight falls through again, how do you see a Pacquiao/Garcia bout going? I really like the idea of this fight. I think Pacman wins it fairly easily, but it's an interesting fight nonetheless.

Easy win for Pac.... Garcia went life and death with old Morales, Judah gave him trouble too... Should have lost to Herrera.

Is this a fight where a title would be on the line?

That said, recent fights at 140 have me thinking we were all overrating the guys in that division.

I agree with this. There are some pretty good fighters at 140, but I don't think they are anything special. Garcia is a very solid guy, but I think he has hid some of his major flaws at times by winging left hooks and hoping to land one. Of course, it worked against Khan.

Possibly.

I can't see Pac coming in and fighting like Herrera. He's much more like Mathysse stylistically.

Counter punching could win him the fight but only if he had some sort of control offensively as well.

You think Pac is similar to Mathysse? I don't see it. They are both aggressive guys who move forward, but other than that I don't think they have anything in common. Pac is about as similar to Mathysse as Mayweather is to Marquez, which to me is not at very much at all.

Pac vs Garcia would be nailbiting entertainment. Garcia does have the power to knock people out with that counter left, and Pacquiao proved he can still crack a bit too against Algieri. Not that Algieri is a world beater, but that knockdown punch in the 9th had throwback power behind behind it.

I'd heavily favor Pacquiao at 140 against Garcia just because I haven't been impressed by him in over a year. I think Garcia's only chance in hell is to knock Pacquiao out, and that's something that just isn't easy to do. Bradley gave Pacquiao his very best shot right on the chin and Pac only looked stunned for about .5 seconds. His chin seems in tact.

Bradley gave Pacquiao his very best shot right on the chin and Pac only looked stunned for about .5 seconds. His chin seems in tact.

yep,i think so. he's been knocked out before,and come back and eaten hits,and shows he still can.

Lets see it. Great fight.

Garcia's one of the biggest overachievers in boxing. Plus he's slow, and just not impressive in any area. He can't handle straight punches. That's an easy one for Pacquiao.

If Pac really wants to challenge himself (apart from the Mayweather fight of course) he can fight a better, more skilled opponent in Shawn Porter. Or Even Keith Thurman.

This division is huge for pac, they're treading lightly. Danny has a belt and he's the lowest hanging fruit of the bunch. I think Roach is just being a smart businessman here. If they can hype the Algieri fight like that. I don't see them failing to hype the Garcia fight. only viable option right now.

Danny plants that left on Pac's jaw and you all rethink your opinion of him.

If they can make the fight, this would be very exciting.

I would pick Pac to throw straight punches through Danny's winging shots. He has enough speed to hit first and get out of the way in time, before the big hook coutner.

This division is huge for pac, they're treading lightly. Danny has a belt and he's the lowest hanging fruit of the bunch. I think Roach is just being a smart businessman here. If they can hype the Algieri fight like that. I don't see them failing to hype the Garcia fight. only viable option right now.

I wouldn't call Danny low-hanging fruit. He has some very solid wins against top competition on his record. He's a lineal champion in a pretty talented division, even if you think he's a bit overrated that's a tough opponent.

Danny plants that left on Pac's jaw and you all rethink your opinion of him.

This is true. Pacquiao will have to be very careful not to get caught. With the way he's been fighting I don't think he'd allow himself to get caught by that left though, and I don't see Garcia outpointing Pacquiao.

I wouldn't call Danny low-hanging fruit. He has some very solid wins against top competition on his record. He's a lineal champion in a pretty talented division, even if you think he's a bit overrated that's a tough opponent.

This. Danny is the best in the division at the moment, no debate really.

I would pick Pac to throw straight punches through Danny's winging shots. He has enough speed to hit first and get out of the way in time, before the big hook coutner.

This is true. Pacquiao will have to be very careful not to get caught. With the way he's been fighting I don't think he'd allow himself to get caught by that left though, and I don't see Garcia outpointing Pacquiao.

Pacs got to be favored but its easier said than done. In no way shape or form am I comparing Pac to Khan, but Danny made easy work of getting those bombs in through Khan's immense speed advantage.

Pac can do it, but Danny will plant some shots on him in the process. If he really connects things get very interesting.

Pacs got to be favored but its easier said than done. In no way shape or form am I comparing Pac to Khan, but Danny made easy work of getting those bombs in through Khan's immense speed advantage.

Pac can do it, but Danny will plant some shots on him in the process. If he really connects things get very interesting.

The thing with Pacquiao is that he's been knocked out, but he's never been TKO'd. I've never seen him get hurt, then beat on until a stoppage. I think he probably recovers from a punch as well as anybody in his weight class.

I mention that because what you said is true, it would get very interesting if Danny connects. What would happen if he dazes him badly? Would Pacquiao run? Hold? Or stand and trade? I've seen dozens of Pacquiao fights and I've never really seen him hurt badly in the ring (except for the knockouts). He had a rough fight with Morales, and was hurt by body shots with Margarito, but never anything like what we saw with Khan against Garcia, where he's holding on for dear life.

The thing with Pacquiao is that he's been knocked out, but he's never been TKO'd. I've never seen him get hurt, then beat on until a stoppage. I think he probably recovers from a punch as well as anybody in his weight class.

I mention that because what you said is true, it would get very interesting if Danny connects. What would happen if he dazes him badly? Would Pacquiao run? Hold? Or stand and trade? I've seen dozens of Pacquiao fights and I've never really seen him hurt badly in the ring (except for the knockouts). He had a rough fight with Morales, and was hurt by body shots with Margarito, but never anything like what we saw with Khan against Garcia, where he's holding on for dear life.

I do think Danny is a live dog for a knockout. Dudes packs a hell of a wallop in his punches and he is a better counter puncher than he gets credit. Id favor Pac but Danny getting the KO wouldnt surprise me in the slightest.

But youre right, a TKO doesnt seem very likely.

This. Plus Khan may have the speed, but he doesn't have the power and smarts. Pac remembers to keep using his movement of foot and head, and bring his ear muffs out. He doesn't start doing a bunch of nonstop punches until the end of the fight when both are wearing down. Or he has significant control.

Amir just stands in front, throwing a ton of punches, until he gets countered.

edit: Not to say it is one sided. Like I said, I like this fight. When the Algeri fight was made, I thought it was BS to NOT work with Oscar THEN and make this fight.

This. Plus Khan may have the speed, but he doesn't have the power and smarts. Pac remembers to keep using his movement of foot and head, and bring his ear muffs out. He doesn't start doing a bunch of nonstop punches until the end of the fight when both are wearing down. Or he has significant control.

Amir just stands in front, throwing a ton of punches, until he gets countered.

edit: Not to say it is one sided. Like I said, I like this fight. When the Algeri fight was made, I thought it was BS to NOT work with Oscar THEN and make this fight.

I like the fight too. I think Pac vs Garcia is one of the 10 most exciting options in boxing right now.

Pac vs Mayweather
Pac vs Garcia
Cotto vs Canelo
Andre Ward vs GGG
GGG vs Canelo
Kovalev vs Stevenson
Crawford vs Garcia
Rigo vs Walters
Mathysse vs Broner
Thurman vs Maidana

Those are some of the fights that I'm hoping for. Hopefully we get at least of few of them this year.

edit: I listed those off the top of my head, I'm sure there are others that are even better.

Garcia's one of the biggest overachievers in boxing. Plus he's slow, and just not impressive in any area. He can't handle straight punches. That's an easy one for Pacquiao.

If Pac really wants to challenge himself (apart from the Mayweather fight of course) he can fight a better, more skilled opponent in Shawn Porter. Or Even Keith Thurman.

If Pac really wants a fight that will test him, I think Brook is the fight to make. JMM always gives Pac a tough fight, but I think he might be slowing down a bit, and prior to the KO, it looked like Pac was figuring out Marquez, so that's probably out. Matthysse would be a good fight too, but I get the feeling that he's either angling for a Garcia rematch or trying to wait out Garcia (who's hinting at moving to 147, right?). I like the idea of a Maidana fight actually, though I feel like Pac might out gun him if they get close up.

Garcia is a good fight to make

I completely disagree with Cuban saying that Porter is more skilled than Danny Garcia.

Back