Rizin's lack of media coverage.

UFC hired a new digital team. Sherdog crashed right before the big fights, and there was a very long and active thread in the heavies going at the time.

Pretty fishy. Corporate cyberespionage is FAR more common than most people think and is far from a "conspiracy theory" type of thing.
that was my point. I was in the thread at that time.

If it's not US based, most mma (UFC) fans will say it's crap and not care so the media won't bother writing articles that won't be read.

i feel like sherdog intentionally took their servers down during rizin. that pbp discussion thread was going to go hundreds or thousands of pages deep. suddenly the site went down? maintenance? maybe...

the event overall was a great success. even on reddit many ignorant american haters were converted.

ufc has the best fighters in the world - not even close.

rizin presentation, pacing, and rules >>>>>>> ufc

takada >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> dana

i say this as a red blooded gun loving american
If sherdog goes down again tonight during rizin, then I think we may have a legit conspiracy on our hands!

I love watching Rizin so I'm writing this message as a sign of support. And I haven't watched anything apart from the UFC for a long time. Rizin is a must watch for me.

I like the presentation of the event it's going to take a bit to build the roster. Then again it was no different in Prides early days, using big names past their peak to carry the weight until the young fighters were ready to carry the ball.

Fedor needed to be in this tournament instead of fighting meathead in the Bellator circus.

Why should the media care? Most mma media is U.S. based, so it was on at ridiculous hours. Also, it's not like Rizin has a bunch of relevant fights/fighters. It's unknowns and over the hill guys, hardly worth the coverage. The media also ignores ONE outside of paid content, Road FC, ACB, BAMMA, Pancrase, Shooto, M1, etc. etc.

Also, it's not like Rizin really cares about the western/English speaking audience. Just like in the Pride days, they are Japan focused. Pride only startyed thinking about their U.S. fans after they started losing money as a last ditch effort to stay afloat.

LOL, Cruz vs Cody is better than Rizin's entire card.

I'm not into pitter patter punches and spastic movement for 25 mins. At the end of the fight, they'll both look like they just walked out of a light sparring session.

RIZIN opening ceremony alone > that fight.

I'm not into pitter patter punches and spastic movement for 25 mins. At the end of the fight, they'll both look like they just walked out of a light sparring session.

RIZIN opening ceremony alone > that fight.

Yeah you're into Garcia vs a grandma, oh the skill level..

Yeah you're into Garcia vs a grandma, oh the skill level..

Freakshows are about excitement not skill. Moldavsky and CroCop will show some skill. Kron's grappling prowess > entire 207 card combined when it comes to skill.

Its not in US and who cares about most of those fights?

plus you have a good UFC card with real fights on it.

Ronda vs Nunes or Garcia vs a 50 year old grandma?

yeah thats a tough choice to pick one to care about.

It's still WMMA. The only reason most are talking about Rousey is because they want to see her have some sort of melt down --- but that is the key audience for the UFC isn't it? Maury watchers.

That UFC card is not something I care to watch.

MMA Junkie's calendar is my goto site for who's on each card, and they didn't show Rizin until the last minute.

I wish they had a free japanese stream for us. I really don't wanna sit through that horrendous commentary again.

Back